Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Stuff - [League Wide]

Interesting. Feels like there's got to be more going on for Miami here, that seems very tame for a team that has been looking for that spark all year
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, it seems like Denver really just robbed them, honestly. Got off Harris' contract, found an athletic forward that can probably play alongside Jokic and MPJ at the same time, can do a bit on defense even if he's not great there, and all it cost them was a bad pick, and a mediocre looking rookie.
    I was thinking the same thing. However I think AG probably let them know he would only sign with a few teams. Denver was probably one of them.

Hill's off to Philly

Hill's off to Philly
    Sad that Hill could be worth more than JJ and Bledsoe combined. Griff swung and missed by not including Bledsoe in Adams trade instead of Hill.

Interesting. Feels like there's got to be more going on for Miami here, that seems very tame for a team that has been looking for that spark all year
    Moe Harkless and Chris Silva going to SAC from this

This is a bad trade, imo, for Toronto.

So the cost for Hill was pretty damn low, in fairness. He'll get you an Austin Rivers, a 9th man, and some seconds.
    More than we are apparently able to get for JJ. Also, appears we may have to attach an asset to dump Bledsoe. Would rather the Hill deal.

Also LMAO at a Doc Rivers team kicking Austin Rivers out again

I never understood why we took on Bledsoe and not George Hill.

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy about the guys around the league on other teams, but I preferred Hill to Bledsoe. After that shrinking in that Boston series there was no way I would have wanted Bledsoe on my team. Ugh.

Are we happy with Griff's move making and how do we feel about Trajan's eye for talent? Our guys seem like odd fits at times.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    More than we are apparently able to get for JJ. Also, appears we may have to attach an asset to dump Bledsoe. Would rather the Hill deal.
    Definitely would rather Hill over Bledsoe. But the other big problem in that trade is the extension of Adams. Would be amazing to be able to head into free agency with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I never understood why we took on Bledsoe and not George Hill.

I'm not the most knowledgeable guy about the guys around the league on other teams, but I preferred Hill to Bledsoe. After that shrinking in that Boston series there was no way I would have wanted Bledsoe on my team. Ugh.

Are we happy with Griff's move making and how do we feel about Trajan's eye for talent? Our guys seem like odd fits at times.
    Everyone preferred Hill to Bledsoe. Which is why other teams would take Hill in a trade and not Bledsoe.

A lot of ''why did we move Hill, not Bledsoe'' takes can be sufficiently answered with ''cause nobody wanted Bledsoe, so you couldn't move him''.

Everyone preferred Hill to Bledsoe. Which is why other teams would take Hill in a trade and not Bledsoe.

A lot of ''why did we move Hill, not Bledsoe'' takes can be sufficiently answered with ''cause nobody wanted Bledsoe, so you couldn't move him''.
    But we could have included him in Adams trade and chose not to.

But we could have included him in Adams trade and chose not to.
    Only if OKC wanted him. If they didn't, which apparently they didn't, they could have just not made the trade. It's not like they declare themselves in before they see the other team's offer.

Waiting for the deadline to pass and for us to have done nothing.

Only if OKC wanted him. If they didn't, which apparently they didn't, they could have just not made the trade. It's not like they declare themselves in before they see the other team's offer.
    Think about it. Adams' contract was widely seen as one that would take an attachment of an asset to move. Griff gave them a 1st and 2 2nds for him. Do you think they bail on that by refusing to take Bledsoe instead of Hill? No way.

An All-Star center who is not an old school back to the basket center though.
    About 24% of Vuc's possessions are post ups. About 10% of Adams' are post ups. Who's old school back to the basket?

Point is, after these deals for Vuc and Javale McGee, anyone who says Griff somehow overpaid for Adams is just that much more out of touch.

We were in the driver's seat not OKC. They were the ones wanting to dump Adams; we could have dictated the terms of that trade but dropped to our knees instead. We ended up scrambling to make 'make the fill' and make it work, when Bledsoe would have done the trick easily.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh great. We’ll be the Celtics with none of the market size or prestige.

It's not *that* difficult. Include Thad Young and a First along with Markkanen, and take back Melli for salary purposes. Then we good.

It's not *that* difficult. Include Thad Young and a First along with Markkanen, and take back Melli for salary purposes. Then we good.
    I wish it was this simple. I don't see the Bulls doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I wish it was this simple. I don't see the Bulls doing that.
    Nor do I, but then the question isn't whether it's ''difficult'' for them to do it, it's just whether they will.

Agreed. Just don't see us doing anything. Sigh
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The good news is the Bulls are most certainly in so maybe the Knicks feel a bit of pressure to offer more than a chew toy. Bad news is the Bulls just made the deal for Vucevic, so the price went down quite a bit as they lack assets apart from Lauri and maybe Coby.

Thread Information