Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: February 25th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Milwaukee Bucks - 14-17

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I tried to tell you guys Wednesday that we would lose this game. It’s a totally fine loss. We’re not a good road team and a home/road back to back with a flight from New Orleans to Milwaukee is extremely difficult.

Tired legs killed us for the most part.

One thing I think we need to start to monitor is BI’s conditioning. If you talk to anyone in the org, you know he puts in like 70 hour work weeks every week, but I’m not totally sure much of that is on conditioning (I honestly do no know. I haven’t asked)

The reason I bring this up is that BIs splits on back to backs are actually bad. Not just worse than his normal splits, but like really bad. Through 6 games he’s at 38/29/85. Its been noticeable too, in my opinion, that he doesn’t have the burst or vertical in these games. Those baseline drives that he would normally hammer, he instead tries tough layups; and the three point shot has been well documented.

i have said this about lonzo in the 4th also......

that 8 rotation seem like our best group to go with in the playoffs with days off...

You’d think Bledsoe would want to make a trade to a veteran team happen, but he’s just laughing all the way to the bank and stealing minutes from the development of our younguns. I’ll gladly live with losses if we can offload this joker. You’d think he would at least try defensively if he’s going to be such a godawful creator on the offensive end, but no. Also, Stan being a dumbass and shrinking the rotation again on a back to back no less! The 2 game winning streak got to his head and now he thinks we are a playoff team again. Idiot. Dumby. Can we get a coach with awareness of the situation? One that realizes he is coaching young talent? Seriously what is the guy thinking? Development takes priority.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You?d think Bledsoe would want to make a trade to a veteran team happen, but he?s just laughing all the way to the bank and stealing minutes from the development of our younguns. I?ll gladly live with losses if we can offload this joker. You?d think he would at least try defensively if he?s going to be such a godawful creator on the offensive end, but no. Also, Stan being a dumbass and shrinking the rotation again on a back to back no less! The 2 game winning streak got to his head and now he thinks we are a playoff team again. Idiot. Dumby. Can we get a coach with awareness of the situation? One that realizes he is coaching young talent? Seriously what is the guy thinking? Development takes priority.
    Yep, make no mistake, defense has nothing to do with it, Stan is the Pelicans' bane.

Listening to The Ringer University pod and Tajiks said in reference to the Wolves, “When you’re playing 6-7 young guys in a rotation, it makes it really difficult to win.” We should not lose sight of this when it comes to the Pels. Teams this young almost never win.

Basketball Guru
    it was a good game for us to take....the bucks took advantage of our pick n roll defense...we gave up too many easy shots/floaters in the paint in the PNR defense that added up for the bucks and that was a big reason why they beat us...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    it was a good game for us to take....the bucks took advantage of our pick n roll defense...we gave up too many easy shots/floaters in the paint in the PNR defense that added up for the bucks and that was a big reason why they beat us...
    I really think, until this team learns to play on a string, we just need to start going under every screen. Make teams beat you on pull ups and not C&S. There’s like 8 teams that can beat you consistently off the dribble

In 99 out of 100 instances, giving up an average of 32.25 points per quarter loses. We can talk about what Player X, Player Y, or Player Z (and we do incessantly) does offensively; until each in this group (including Player Z, by the way) decides to defend, we lose.

I don't think it's difficult to figure out at all.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-26-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yep, make no mistake, defense has nothing to do with it, Stan is the Pelicans' bane.
    Shut it multi. I said I was fine with losing as long as we were developing. Never did I say defense wasn’t an issue. You are obviously a troll now. I gave you the benefit of a doubt the other day. Mac multi
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 02-26-2021 at 11:15 AM.

I was a bit surprised at JJ being in the game late in the 4th. Would have expected to see Hart in the game.

In 99 out of 100 instances, giving up an average of 32.25 points per quarter loses. We can talk about what Player X, Player Y, or Player Z (and we do incessantly) does offensively; until each in this group (including Player Z, by the way) decides to defend, we lose.

I don't think it's difficult to figure out at all.
    cool

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    cool
    At least he wasn’t dumb enough to put Houston in his name this time (a very prominent hub for VPN servers). I’ll admit that threw me off for a New York minute. Good thing he isn’t a spammer. Easy mute

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    At least he wasn’t dumb enough to put Houston in his name this time (a very prominent hub for VPN servers). I’ll admit that threw me off for a New York minute. Good thing he isn’t a spammer. Easy mute
    LOL

There is starting a “young” team, and then there is starting a young talentless team.

The Pels are “young”, but those young players are very talented, and most of them (Zion, BI, Zo, Heart, Lewis) are your future and they need to play together more in order to grow together. There is nothing wrong with giving those guys big mins as they have shown that they have “it”. This isn’t the 04-05 Hornets where we were young and talentless, and DX was the only player worth a flip. This team is young, but being young can’t be blamed for why these guys aren’t getting more money.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    There is starting a “young” team, and then there is starting a young talentless team.

The Pels are “young”, but those young players are very talented, and most of them (Zion, BI, Zo, Heart, Lewis) are your future and they need to play together more in order to grow together. There is nothing wrong with giving those guys big mins as they have shown that they have “it”. This isn’t the 04-05 Hornets where we were young and talentless, and DX was the only player worth a flip. This team is young, but being young can’t be blamed for why these guys aren’t getting more money.
    10000%. I don’t see any reason to play JJ or Bled over NAW and Kira. It’s mind boggling and JJ is actually much worse than both of them.

LOL
    The intelligent rebuttal I expected. Sounds innocent to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    10000%. I don’t see any reason to play JJ or Bled over NAW and Kira. It’s mind boggling and JJ is actually much worse than both of them.
    And I haven’t completely written off Hayes either, but I would prefer going with Steve and Billy over Hayes as they are good enough, and young enough to build with as well. Sure they aren’t in their early 20s, but they have staying power. Unless a spacing 4-5 comes along, keep playing them, and send Hayes down to the G-League to get some run. The G-League isn’t a death sentence. Countless players have gone to the G-League and returned strong/AS level.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    And I haven’t completely written off Hayes either, but I would prefer going with Steve and Billy over Hayes as they are good enough, and young enough to build with as well. Sure they aren’t in their early 20s, but they have staying power. Unless a spacing 4-5 comes along, keep playing them, and send Hayes down to the G-League to get some run. The G-League isn’t a death sentence. Countless players have gone to the G-League and returned strong/AS level.
    Post of the Day!!!

Couldn't agree more!!! It may be a year late, but better late than never.

Thread Information