.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 85

Thread: Zion Williamson Makes All Star Team

  1. #1

    All Star Zion Williamson Makes All Star Team

    Cade Cunningham/Usman Garuba/Scottie Barnes/Moses Moody/Corey Kispert endorser.

    Eye test people: analytics people watch more basketball than you do.

  2. #2
    There are 2 franchises in NBA history which have had multiple 20 year old All-stars.

    The first is Cleveland, which had both Lebron and Kyrie

    The second is New Orleans, with AD and Zion.

  3. #3


    The 10 youngest all-stars in NBA history, in order from youngest to oldest:

    1) Kobe (19yrs 196 days)
    2) Lebron (20yrs 52 days)
    3) Magic (20yrs 173 days)
    4) Zion Williamson (20yrs 244 days)
    5) Kevin Garnett (20yrs 266 days)
    6) Isiah Thomas (20yrs 276 days)
    7) Eddie Johnson (20yrs 278 days)
    8) Kyrie Irving (20yrs 331 days)
    9) Anthony Davis (20yrs 342 days)
    10) Shaquille O'Neal (20yrs 352 days)
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-23-2021 at 05:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,942
    Keep him away from LeBron.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Keep him away from LeBron.
    He's already met Lebron about 40 times lmao

  6. #6

  7. #7
    As a side note, I just checked to see if it had been updated yet:

    Zion has a shorter ''professional career'' section on his wikipedia than Jaxson Hayes does. Wikipedia locked his article to prevent just anyone editing it, and I think the result is that... nobody has edited it. For like a year. The last game it mentions is when he had 35 against the Lakers in March of 2020.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Cry somewhere else. Zion's stats are better than Booker's pretty much across the board and all-star isn't a team award.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Cry somewhere else. Zion's stats are better than Booker's pretty much across the board and all-star isn't a team award.
    Did you not read the tweet? When Booker had better stats he didn’t get in because his team was garbage just like Zion’s team is now lol.

    NBA is propping up Zion but he’s gonna be another Chris Paul for you guys. He’s leaving for a big market soon as he can. Trust me I just saw this movie with James Harden lol.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Did you not read the tweet? When Booker had better stats he didn’t get in because his team was garbage just like Zion’s team is now lol.

    NBA is propping up Zion but he’s gonna be another Chris Paul for you guys. He’s leaving for a big market soon as he can. Trust me I just saw this movie with James Harden lol.
    Yeah I read the tweet, and I don't agree with it. We've had players making the all-star team for years with losing records: so have many other teams. The reality is that there are more players deserving of all-star nods in any given year than there are spots, some people have to be ''snubbed'' and it's the guys with the worse individual stats who get bumped most of the time. Zion's got better stats than Booker this year, that's just what it is.

    You can go back to seeing it with James Harden, I don't really see why you'd be so eager to come on a Pels board and, in a thread that's supposed to be positive, come in and drop the ''he's just going to leave'' stuff. You don't see me on Rockets forums talking garbage.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah I read the tweet, and I don't agree with it. We've had players making the all-star team for years with losing records: so have many other teams. The reality is that there are more players deserving of all-star nods in any given year than there are spots, some people have to be ''snubbed'' and it's the guys with the worse individual stats who get bumped most of the time. Zion's got better stats than Booker this year, that's just what it is.

    You can go back to seeing it with James Harden, I don't really see why you'd be so eager to come on a Pels board and, in a thread that's supposed to be positive, come in and drop the ''he's just going to leave'' stuff. You don't see me on Rockets forums talking garbage.
    I just find it hypocritical from the coaches.



    Happy for Zion but considering the moving goal posts, not well deserved and more so about the league pumping him. Just like how Pelicans get so many national TV games even while being a very bad team all cause of Zion.

  14. #14


    LeBron also just tweeted that Booker should’ve made it over Zion.

  15. #15
    Good for Julius Randall. Two teams essentially said you aren't good enough and watched him walk.

    I'll always pull for him!!
    Say Cannon Hinnant's Name.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post


    LeBron also just tweeted that Booker should’ve made it over Zion.
    Lebron needs to sit this one out with his fake outrage. Maybe Booker will replace his buddy AD. The reason why Booker didn’t get in is because the West is stacked with elite guards.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Lebron needs to sit this one out with his fake outrage. Maybe Booker will replace his buddy AD. The reason why Booker didn’t get in is because the West is stacked with elite guards.
    Booker was actually snubbed for his teammate.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post

    LeBron also just tweeted that Booker should?ve made it over Zion.

    I looked at the tweet LeBron made. Where did he mention Zion?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Did you not read the tweet? When Booker had better stats he didn’t get in because his team was garbage just like Zion’s team is now lol.

    NBA is propping up Zion but he’s gonna be another Chris Paul for you guys. He’s leaving for a big market soon as he can. Trust me I just saw this movie with James Harden lol.
    I’m not saying that I agree with keeping players out of the All-Star game just because they are on a losing team.

    But I also think there is a big difference between Zion getting into the game on a team 4 games under .500 (and still technically alive for the playoffs), and the kind of losing records the Suns were putting up when Booker was being kept out of the game.

    The Suns record over that 4 year span was like .270 (they averaged 21 wins).

    There are losing records and then there are LOSING records.

  20. #20
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,830
    I am happy for Zion, But I wish that Brandon Ingram would have made it too. Maybe next year.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post


    LeBron also just tweeted that Booker should?ve made it over Zion.
    Zion is not a guard.

    The outrageous truth is that Booker got snubbed for CP3.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

  22. #22
    I was hoping for Lonzo but happy for Zion. On that note Lebron does not want to play in it so why does his opinion matter?

  23. #23
    The Franchise Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,333
    Congrats Zion! Well deserved!

  24. #24
    It gets better, Ric Bucher or whatever his name is

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It gets better, Ric Bucher or whatever his name is
    Just as you are entitled to yours, he is entitled to his opinion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •