Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: February 16th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies - 11-15

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Redick is a one man wrecking crew AGAINST HIS OWN TEAM.
    Can we buy him out?

Like, collectively?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    That's pretty rich coming from you, mate!!!
    Ok, because it's rich coming from me, tell me, what makes Zion a terrible defender? I would like to know specifically what makes him bad on that end. Obviously pointing out your stupidity doesn't get us anywhere, so as earnestly as I can say this, enlighten me on the subject. I'd rather have actual basketball discussions on this forum than sassy back and forths, so please, educate me?

Love love love that Ingram find on the cutting Zion. Great, quick decision making

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Can we buy him out?

Like, collectively?
    Is there a cheaper way? He OWES us money for this garbage and wasting our time.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Hart looked like he was limping on the way to the bench after the three just now.

Both Hart and Lonzo passed up wide open 3s on that possession to dribble into something worse.

If you get a wide open 3 point shot, you either have a better option or you take it. No ''well, I'll just not bother and hope something else comes up''.

Right now the Pelicans have two plays on offense: Zion shot, or turnover. Nothing else happening.

Edit: literally as I send that, Hart hits a three. Keep doing that

Lonzo, that stupid jab step fade away at the free throw line is NEVER, EVER a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Lonzo, that stupid jab step fade away at the free throw line is NEVER, EVER a good idea.
    He just makes such terrible decisions so often.

Can we buy him out?

Like, collectively?
    If we can all pool together the money, we have to ask ourselves if we'd really even want to spend it on JJ Redick

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    If we can all pool together the money, we have to ask ourselves if we'd really want to spend all that on JJ Redick
    We can offer to pay him what he's worth, which looks right now to be about $7.50

Good Bled has definitely made an appearance this game

There's the 3 from Lonzo, that's what we need. He needs to catch and either move it or fire. That's his half-court role.

Hart warming up from the 3pt line at this point, vital shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Ok, because it's rich coming from me, tell me, what makes Zion a terrible defender? I would like to know specifically what makes him bad on that end. Obviously pointing out your stupidity doesn't get us anywhere, so as earnestly as I can say this, enlighten me on the subject. I'd rather have actual basketball discussions on this forum than sassy back and forths, so please, educate me?
    1. Awful in Space....easily exploited
    2. Doesn't move his feet well...gives up angles
    3. Loses his man ad nauseum...a backdoor waiting to happen
    4. Plays with his hands and reaches (cheap fouls)
    5. Late in his rotations
    6. Often gets himself in foul trouble (and yes some are offensive...am I allowed to say that?)

Hey, but don't go by what I say, how frequently is he subbed out late in games (for Hart) defensively?

14 TOs in the first half. 3 from Redick, 3 from Ingram, 3 from Zion. Need to clean that up in the second half; stop giving them extra opportunities.

Otherwise, I like how we turned things around in that second quarter, particularly in the spot where Zion sat. He was the offense at that point, so seeing them find stuff to work - particularly from deep - is huge
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 02-16-2021 at 08:12 PM.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    1. Awful in Space....easily exploited
    2. Doesn't move his feet well...gives up angles
    3. Loses his man ad nauseum...a backdoor waiting to happen
    4. Plays with his hands and reaches (cheap fouls)
    5. Late in his rotations
    6. Often gets himself in foul trouble (and yes some are offensive...am I allowed to say that?)

Hey, but don't go by what I say, how frequently is he subbed out late in games (for Hart) defensively?
    That sounds like BI too minus the foul trouble. Bled playing a little defensive even if it’s not their top guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    That sounds like BI too minus the foul trouble. Bled playing a little defensive even if it’s not their top guys.
    I agree

The Franchise
    14 TOs in the first half. 3 from Hart, 3 from Ingram, 3 from Zion. Need to clean that up in the second half; stop giving them extra opportunities.

Otherwise, I like how we turned things around in that second quarter, particularly in the spot where Zion sat. He was the offense at that point, so seeing them find stuff to work - particularly from deep - is huge
    3 off JJ’s foot too.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    3 off JJ’s foot too.
    Yeah I edited it, I misread the box-score for a second: Hart only had 1, Redick had 3. Brain-blip, my bad.

Glad to see Kyle Anderson has gained another gear. Too bad it's even slower.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Glad to see Kyle Anderson has gained another gear. Too bad it's even slower.
    He's so weird because he's a good player but just entirely intolerable to watch for no reason other than that he's so slow.

INGRAM: GO TO THE DAMN RIM AND SHOOT. STOP PASSING ON EVERY DRIVE.

Zion with another 3, heyyy

Zion with another bucket.

He has 20 points on 8/11 shooting (72.7%) including 1/1 from 3 and 3/3 from the line.

Thread Information