Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Griff in Review

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    What’s your address? I’ll mail you your trophy.

I always thought trading the number 4 for Hayes and NAW was insane. Hunter was obviously the pick. Disaster job by Griffin for the most part. Hayes still not getting playing time. Adams seems like a cool guy but what an obvious bonehead move trying to pair him with Zion. Shocks me that these guys make millions while most everyone I know that follows basketball could construct a better roster.

I just didn't understand the hire out of the gate. Griffin had done a crap job in Cleveland why did anyone think he would do better here. He was apart of a franchise that won the lottery 3 times and had possibly the games greatest player come back to repair his image.

The Franchise
    Well he has a big management team and hopefully they aren’t yes men and women. As for pick I wanted Culver and I still do. I think he could be a very good 3&D player and perfect role player who could swap defensively 1-4.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I just didn't understand the hire out of the gate. Griffin had done a crap job in Cleveland why did anyone think he would do better here. He was apart of a franchise that won the lottery 3 times and had possibly the games greatest player come back to repair his image.
    I was never gung ho about it, but I was willing to wait and see.

So far, he's left much to be desired. And that's putting it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    K-k-k-k-kira
    a little early on kira, but I like him a lot.

Kira just has it. One of Griff's non-no brainer moves he didn't ******** up

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Don’t confuse Grif. With Demps

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Don’t confuse Grif. With Demps
    I didn't, though they have remarkably similar philosophies

Didn't he? Rememeber he was going to trade the pick and then it fell through. Dumb luck sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Didn't he? Rememeber he was going to trade the pick and then it fell through. Dumb luck sometimes.
    I do remember he tried to trade out. But did make the right pick in the end

A move needs to be made to help this roster, but with Griff it will be a grab bag at best.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I didn't, though they have remarkably similar philosophies
    This might be the most asinine thing I've read on this site. Griff has made 4 first round picks in his first 2 years. Demps made 3 throughout his 8 year tenure, one of which was Buddy Hield.

Talked to someone who is involved and they told me the Pelicans love Kira and he just has it and that alpha dog hard worker mentality and he?s the future at PG for us. So I wonder if Lonzo is in our future plans to play off ball SG or if he?s gone.

Lonzo is having his best season ever and is shooting at over 38% from 3 on 8 attempts a game, that?s after the terrible outing he started with. He?s playing great and even attacking the rim, also shooting 74% from the line. I actually think he could do great at SG
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 02-18-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Talked to someone who is involved and they told me the Pelicans love Kira and he just has it and that alpha dog hard worker mentality and he?s the future at PG for us. So I wonder if Lonzo is in our future plans to play off ball SG or if he?s gone.

Lonzo is having his best season ever and is shooting at over 38% from 3 on 8 attempts a game, that?s after the terrible outing he started with. He?s playing great and even attacking the rim, also shooting 74% from the line. I actually think he could do great at SG
    Honestly as deep as this SG class is... It's really hard to keep Lonzo in my opinion if we got anyone of them. I think you maybe better off getting some value out of him. I think any SG you draft in this draft in the top 3 or 4 in the SG class is pretty much an easy replacement for Lonzo.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

I would love to see this move.. just simply replacing Bled with Kira.

Yea I've heard similar. Also heard that the Lonzo contract situation is still a mess. I don't think anyone from the FO to his agents to us on a message board really have any idea how to value him. I think he's gone at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yea I've heard similar. Also heard that the Lonzo contract situation is still a mess. I don't think anyone from the FO to his agents to us on a message board really have any idea how to value him. I think he's gone at the deadline.
    Define "a mess." Is Klutch playing hardball (i.e. unreasonable demands) or are the Pels just unsure how much they want to commit?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yeah this person is pretty far up there in the organization so I basically take it as fact. They really believe Kira is an all star type of talent and makes the entire team around him better.

I honestly want Lonzo to stay if he plays like this. It’s hard to find a 2 way wing who can shoot an elite 3 ball at such high volume and also being a great passer and defender, but if he finishes the season playing like this honestly I think he’s out of our price range. If we some how got lucky and got to draft Jalen Green I wouldn’t mind it for a second though

Did Griffin conduct a single interview with Jaxson before the draft?

This ********show gets worse and worse

Did Griffin conduct a single interview with Jaxson before the draft?

This ********show gets worse and worse
    Hilton Armstrong at least stuck around for 4 years before we wrote him off. What a mess, but hey, *yay* potential *yay*

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Hilton Armstrong at least stuck around for 4 years before we wrote him off. What a mess, but hey, *yay* potential *yay*
    He hasn't been handled right from the beginning. He should have spent his rookie year in the G League learning the game. Instead he was inserted into the fire as soon as Derrick Favors got hurt and was pretty much a cluster****. By the first of the year, Favors came back, Zion was cleared to play shortly thereafter, Melli began logging minutes at both the 4 and 5, and the team caught fire. Don't get me wrong, JAX wasn't buried, but he certainly was on life support.

This year he was given the back up role, but proved himself ineffective. Billy H'Gomez has been properly inserted into the rotation and once again JAX has been relegated primarily to cheerleader status (barring injury...for the rest of the year).

All this is a shame, as I still think the young man has enormous talent, but I doubt that he or the Pelicans will ever make anything of it in New Orleans. The clock is ticking, and he's got two years after this to prove he belongs. At this point, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-19-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Jax sometimes strikes me as one of these 20-going-on-16 guys. NBA is tough racket and he may a kid who doesn?t put it together until he?s older and matures a bit-mentally and physically. I wouldn?t be too quick to write him off, but still think you don?t draft guys that young and raw in top 10.

FWIW, I was talking with my buddy who does business stuff with Pels/Saints brass and he also said organization is doubtful about resigning Ball. Some hope that his contract demands might soften, but more likely outcome is someone throws him a bag Pels won?t match. Also doubt about his desire to stay and play role team wants.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Jax sometimes strikes me as one of these 20-going-on-16 guys. NBA is tough racket and he may a kid who doesn?t put it together until he?s older and matures a bit-mentally and physically. I wouldn?t be too quick to write him off, but still think you don?t draft guys that young and raw in top 10.

FWIW, I was talking with my buddy who does business stuff with Pels/Saints brass and he also said organization is doubtful about resigning Ball. Some hope that his contract demands might soften, but more likely outcome is someone throws him a bag Pels won?t match. Also doubt about his desire to stay and play role team wants.
    Then he has to be traded before the deadline

That may be the necessary decision. Complicated, apparently, by fact that Lonzo still has fans in the building who think he can be special...

Thread Information