Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TBW: Lee and Green finalist for HC

NBA TBW: Lee and Green finalist for HC

Very important Finals for us to watch.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2021/7...ans-head-coach

Fletch reported yesterday Willie wants the job.

I am hoping it?s Green. Would be a home run hire IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Based off what?

And if AD stays healthy and Suns lose in 1st round, would he have been a home run hire to you?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Home run hire?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Based off what?

And if AD stays healthy and Suns lose in 1st round, would he have been a home run hire to you?
    Who are you hoping it is?

Dont know. Dont care.

What I wont do is pretend to know who will be good and who wont. When you get older you become okay with saying you have no idea and are fine with that

Based off what?

Yeah he was assistant before in Golden State with Kerr. You bitter he is the leader?

Go get Green Grif! He knows the city , knows the people, and probably can relate to Zion and players .

I would love to see the alternative universe where the Suns lost in the first round and then see our fans reactions to him possibly getting the job

i don't know how y'all even do it lmao.

I would love to see the alternative universe where the Suns lost in the first round and then see our fans reactions to him possibly getting the job
    yea this is my issue, kinda like the logic behind the Gentry hiring, just grab an assistant on a highly successful team. What could go wrong?

Maybe Lee and Green are both great HC material, I really have no idea, I just don't like the process of how the pelicans ended up here. Kinda looks like they have no idea what they are doing from the outside.

The Pelicans are doing fine. They didnt get to Green and Lee because of results of their teams. Those guys were on the list from the jump. FANS all of a sudden thinking they are elite candidates because of results is what I laugh at. Remember the Heat assistant a lot of people wanted last year? Wheres his name this year?

Jason Kidd would be top choice probably if you feel that way.

If Bucks had lost in 1st round again would Charles Lee be our choice?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    No. Not Willie Green. lol I'd rather Vinson. For some reason I hate Green and can't remember why, but that's good enough for me.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

If CP3 and, Davis, and Holiday would have stayed here , How many Larry O’Brien’s we would own?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If CP3 and, Davis, and Holiday would have stayed here , How many Larry O’Brien’s we would own?
    Farm teams aren't supposed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Jason Kidd would be top choice probably if you feel that way.
    Nobody should be the "top choice" of fans - because fans have no ability to get insight on coaches. For players, you can watch film, see them play and have a fairly educated opinion. 95% or more of what a coach does goes on behind the scenes. And beyond that, you cant even judge a coach by the plays he draws up because you dont know if the player followed directions, and thats even before the randomness of the result of the players shot, pass, etc.

I have no top choice. I have no idea who will be good, who won't, and how much the head coach even matters.

The confidence that the team has in Griff will be shown in the length and money spent on this next HC hire.

A part of me wonders how comfortable the team is with this next hire given they set nearly $20.0MM on fire by firing Gentry and SVG. Does the team want to commit so much to a new hire who will be hired by a guy who might be on his way out if the team misses the playoffs? More than likely if Griff is fired the new GM might want to bring in his own guy (unless he is forced to keep the new HC ala Griff with Gentry). The team will obviously need to invest in a new coach, I just wonder how much do they want to invest, and for how long. Is that one of the hold ups in this process? Either the team hasn’t settled on risk safeguards yet, or has the offer been extended, and the candidates are mulling it over?

If this next hire is a David Culley level hire, then that will tell us all we need to know about the team’s confidence in Griff. The team won’t allow him to spend good money on a decent hire, and he is conveying that to potential candidates when he is extending the offer.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Griff is not making this decision - at least not alone. That privledge has already been taken away. He has a say, and his voice will be heard obviously, but it is a consensus pick after multiple people in the organization meet with the candidates

Griff is not making this decision - at least not alone. That privledge has already been taken away. He has a say, and his voice will be heard obviously, but it is a consensus pick after multiple people in the organization meet with the candidates
    Even more of a reason it will be Willie

I wonder who will sit on that HC hiring panel. Are we going to see Mickey or Dennis sit in on it (as they would with the Saints)? Do Joe Dumars or Avery Johnson sit in the panel (as Gayle has comfort with them)? Who are the ones pulling the strings on this hire? If it’s not just Griff, who are the ones that the team has confidence in to make this call?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wonder who will sit on that HC hiring panel. Are we going to see Mickey or Dennis sit in on it (as they would with the Saints)? Do Joe Dumars or Avery Johnson sit in the panel (as Gayle has comfort with them)? Who are the ones pulling the strings on this hire? If it?s not just Griff, who are the ones that the team has confidence in to make this call?
    Don?t go by what MM is saying . This is much more logical . SHAMIT EVEN RETWEETED IT

So the team is letting Griff and crew make the coaching decision, or will it truly be a panel making the call. It has to be a pretty broad panel (if that is the way they are going) as Griff’s hires will most likely be shown the door with him (if he is fired). So who else is on this panel?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So the team is letting Griff and crew make the coaching decision, or will it truly be a panel making the call. It has to be a pretty broad panel (if that is the way they are going) as Griff’s hires will most likely be shown the door with him (if he is fired). So who else is on this panel?
    Hahaha. Okay I’ll play along too. I’m sure Loomis and the Archbishop are on the panel. The higher power will determine our new coach.

Thread Information