Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 6th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Memphis Grizzlies - 9-12

71% from the floor for Zion, 81.8% from the line
    55% from the floor for Ingram, 62.5% from 3
    54.5% from the floor for Lonzo, 66% from 3
    Basketball.

It's amazing what happens when our guards make some outside shots. I would still like to see more two man sets with BI and Zion near the end of games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ingram with 4 Blocks this game.. He's averaging 1pg this year.
    Shhhh he sucks on that end.

Going to be a real shame if he doesnt return to being an all-star this year. 27 and 12 with 4 blocks on 55% fg/63% three pt shooting.

Thats right after 30/6/7 on 57%/50% shooting last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I can see him averaging 4 to 5 assists per eventually..
    Sooner than we might think. Since he started being given more ballhandler responsibilities (this was the third game of that, by my count) he's had games of 6, 5, and 5 assists. Keep feeding him the possessions and I don't think that will stop.

The Franchise
    So basically.. We can expect Zion and Ingram to pretty much do what they do..

But we win games if we get production from our guards.. We don't, we lose. It's that simple. No matter how good Zion and Ingram play.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Don't look now but we are 10-12 and on a streak.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Don't look now but we are 10-12 and on a streak.
    2 days off and then we have another b2b with Houston/Chicago. Could easily go 1-1 there, be 11-13, then we have Dallas/Detroit/Memphis. 5 games from now we could be 14-13.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Shhhh he sucks on that end.

Going to be a real shame if he doesnt return to being an all-star this year. 27 and 12 with 4 blocks on 55% fg/63% three pt shooting.

Thats right after 30/6/7 on 57%/50% shooting last night.
    If Ingram had the benefit of playing off of someone that generates looks for him he'd have an even higher FG% with PPG.. Everything he gets he has to get on his own for the most part.

If Stan continues to trust Zion and Kira more with orchestrating that could change. If so, we'll see even more gaudy numbers from Ingram.

Zion averaging 5 assists over last 6 games.

Let’s keep it up Pels. I’m enjoying seeing the other guys step up, but I would consider going back to Hayes over billy. Billy makes too many errors for my taste.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sooner than we might think. Since he started being given more ballhandler responsibilities (this was the third game of that, by my count) he's had games of 6, 5, and 5 assists. Keep feeding him the possessions and I don't think that will stop.
    Agreed.. and once he gets a somewhat decent mid-range J he'll become impossible to manage on pick n roll plays. Can't sag off of him, can't play him close. Try to switch, and he abuses the smaller defender. Don't switch, he goes around the bigger defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    His handle has been much tighter recently. He was a mess as a rookie and to start the year in terms of just losing his handle whenever he tried to initiate, but he's really settling in again as a ballhandler but more like the guy we saw at Duke.

Going 10/14 from the floor tonight, Zion is now shooting 60.3% from 2.

Among all players averaging at least 10 attempts from 2 per game, that's the 4th highest in the league after Giannis, Jokic, and Christian Wood: all three guys much taller than Zion. And none of them are doing it via acrobatic layup contortion [that said, Jokic is doing it on weirdo one legged hopping fadeaway midrangers which might be even more impressive]

At an average of 15 2s a game, none of them are doing it on his volume either: the closest any of those three comes is Jokic, who takes 14.3 twos a game. Giannis 13.9, and Wood 11.2.

Zion is now averaging 23.7/7.3/2.7 on 60.3/36.4/68.9 splits

Are we turning a corner?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    His handle has been much tighter recently. He was a mess as a rookie and to start the year in terms of just losing his handle whenever he tried to initiate, but he's really settling in again as a ballhandler but more like the guy we saw at Duke.
    His handle was never a mess. Stop it with the hyperbole. He did this last year just not from the key.

What an amazing game. Young team starting to pull off clutch wins.

Ingram 4th QTR iso is starting to improve. This is why I don't try to hate on it as frustrating as it is, because with Ingram. Things just don't come natural for him. He simply has to develop and get better. Can't get better at ISO in practice and that's the truth. His biggest issue is a matter of brute forcing too much.

Ingram being such a coachable player and great work ethic makes it hard to really be critical while still having a sky high ceiling.
    Last edited by Taker597; 02-06-2021 at 10:37 PM.

The Franchise
    His handle was never a mess. Stop it with the hyperbole. He did this last year just not from the key.
    I agree.. he would lose the ball on occasion but I always thought he had decent handles for a big.

I think a mess is a bit of hyperbole but I do agree that it was a little sloppier last year and that he lost his dribble more often that he did at Duke. That's cleared up already though and - it can't be understated - he's still only played 45 games so he's barely half a 'season' into his career, so that adjustment came quickly.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    What an amazing game. Young team starting to pull off clutch wins.

Ingram 4th QTR iso is starting to improve. This is why I don't try to hate on it as frustrating as it is, because with Ingram. Things just don't come natural for him. He simply has to develop and get better. Can't get better at ISO in practice and that's the truth. His biggest issue is a matter of brute forcing too much.

Ingram being such a coachable player and great work ethic makes it hard to really be critical while still having a sky high ceiling.
    He really is filling a Scottie Pippen type role.. He scores, and is responsible for getting guys shots from the forward position. It's not an easy thing to do for a guy that's still young, and being asked to be a point guard basically. He's finding the balance and improving, which is all we can ask for.

What was also impressive was of course, Valanciunas has to make his sudden return tonight and drop 24 and 7 in 23 minutes.

Pels overcame #Pelslife

Perhaps the trade rumors should be used more often if these are the results.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Perhaps the trade rumors should be used more often if these are the results.
    Same thing I said lol.. Its worked for Bled and Zo.. Not so much JJ.

Zion over the last 11 games:

25.5pts, 6.1rbds, 3.7asts (2.2TOs), 0.7stls, 1.1blks, on 69.2%TS

He's good at basketball, folks.

Did we close out a game??.... I could really cry lol

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lonzo stepped up.

"Mr. Bledsoe, would you care to join us?"
    I think Mr Bledsoe heard your request lol

Thread Information