Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: February 1st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 7-11

Kind of annoyed we're not going to Zion down the stretch honestly.

Like, is he coming back in?
    Basketball.

how in the world has Hayes been above Willy in the depth chart..clearly he is better

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    how in the world has Hayes been above Willy in the depth chart..clearly he is better
    Tank show dude. They are not even hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Hayes is being played for potential in the future, not production right now. Same reason we've all been calling for NAW to get more minutes over Redick. Is NAW particularly great right now compared to Redick? Not massively, and if JJ was shooting his normal efficiency it wouldn't even be really that close in terms of impact per touch, but NAW is much younger and has more growth left in him so we want him to get those minutes.

Hernangomez is 27 and has over 200 games in him, we know what he's going to give us. Against a historically poor interior defense like this, we know he's going to look good. That doesn't mean he's the future.

Wouldn't mind him getting any prospective Melli minutes going forward though.

Ahh just choking it away late. A classic Pels production

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    what the Fox says....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I'm tired of this 2nd half offense that never plays the clock or wants to run offense. They chase the quick score sooo much.

Not really sure about that whole ''get Zion in for 12 seconds'' plan there, seems a bit odd to me.

Ball is so trash...horrible drive early in the shot clock

What a pathetic close to the game. Awful reaction.

What I can't stand is that they've been losing like this all season and when they see leads shrink. They panic and abandon running offense. The floor shrink and they just don't stop and reevaluate.

This team is ****** I’m done watching until we make a trade
    SIGN A SF

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    On to the next one.

Well guys... We got that 5th lottery in our sight. Here comes Jalen Green.

Been wondering why Hernangomez hasn?t been playing over Melli with how bad Melli has been. Dude has a helluva game for riding the pine all year. This team just falls apart at the worst times. Kira watch Fox cause that?s what I want to see from you in the future

I’m all for getting a top 5 pick in such a great draft, so losing these games isn’t all that bad IMO. Now we just need to move Lonzo and JJ to get some more assets for the future cause we all know now is not our time lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 02-01-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not really sure about that whole ''get Zion in for 12 seconds'' plan there, seems a bit odd to me.
    it looked like Van Gundy made a huge arm motion when Zion came back out... no idea what that was all about...

This team is trash...

Alvin laughing real good at this pathetic show of offense. Guards have to go. Why are they forcing Ingram to be the lead guy? He is so inconsistent for a max guy.

Thanks SVG for waiting till 33 seconds to call a time out to regroup.

horrible 2nd half team

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I've been watching this video while the game was on, so I didn't completely waste my time tonight.

It feels like a wasted night when I watch most Pelicans games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    it looked like Van Gundy made a huge arm motion when Zion came back out... no idea what that was all about...
    On paper I get that it was probably for defensive purposes but the reality is that the offense needed more help at that point: as it usually does for us late in the 4th.

We needed someone to give the ball to, who can just score. We took that guy off the floor and proceeded to score nothing on a legit bucket for the rest of the game. If it was for defense, gotta ask: did it help? Cause they still seemed to score on us pretty easily.

Can’t blame SVG for this one. Our starting backcourt is garbage and they have the lowest IQ on both ends of the floor. A trade has to happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Alvin laughing real good at this pathetic show of offense. Guards have to go. Why are they forcing Ingram to be the lead guy? He is so inconsistent for a max guy.
    Ingram, for all of his improvements, has been pretty god-awful in the 4th quarter this season.

Thread Information