Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: December 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's not a common foul if you aim your swat really badly and smack someone upside the head. Being accidentally reckless does not absolve you of your sins. It just eliminates the intent aspect.

Shot blocking is a skill like everything else
    That was far from the worst though and we have been the victim of quite a few without so much as a flagrant 1. All we want is consistency. If that is the new norm, great. They just set precedent

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I think its time to give Kira a few more minutes....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Is it me or does Zion's lift looks less than it was last year?
    Yep. His Duke bounce is disappearing more by the day. Sad really

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I love Ingram but not enough to divorce myself from objectivity. There is no way in the world that is a common foul. If Zion, or Ingram were hit in the head like that I doubt you'd be saying it's common.
    Thats not objectivity. If the opposing player was making a play on the ball, yes I would. I've played games getting hit in the head like that. I've talked about these rules before and I wouldn't change my mind if it happened to one of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I think its time to give Kira a few more minutes....
    On the same page

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    They're really keeping Zion on the bench with those 4 personals huh? I really hope that's the only issue.
    Next game he'll get a foul in the first and finish the game with 6 minutes played
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That was far from the worst though and we have been the victim of quite a few without so much as a flagrant 1. All we want is consistency. If that is the new norm, great. They just set precedent
    Fair enough, but you've kinda Straw Manned the argument.

Six Offensive rebounds by Adams.

Three things.

1. If NAW doesn't get consistent play throughout, I'll be severely disappointed in our player development.

2. If our 3pt's fall at decent rate, we'll be a pretty decent team. (Hopefully JJ, Lonzo, maybe Zion who knows? gets it together from three on a decent basis)

3. Adams needs consistent touches as well. He's better than I thought he would be here.

EDIT: how could I forget Melli and his 3 ball.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Fair enough, but you've kinda Straw Manned the argument.
    I wasn’t trying to argue. Just my belief. The rules are the rules as you say

Adams is a God send

Can't always mercenary the 5, Mac

Pels winning the fourth quarter 25-7 right now

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Thats not objectivity. If the opposing player was making a play on the ball, yes I would. I've played games getting hit in the head like that. I've talked about these rules before and I wouldn't change my mind if it happened to one of our players.
    Here's why you're wrong.. Your opinion on what is a common foul, doesn't constitute "common foul". Fact of the matter is, it is at the least a flagrant. As evidenced by the call that was made on the floor. Your beliefs won't change that. If it happens again, I can assure you a flagrant call will be made. Which means what? Which means it's a flagrant. That's the bottom line boss.

Ingram will learn from this and not make that kind of play again. It wasn't smart.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I wasn’t trying to argue. Just my belief. The rules are the rules as you say
    Nah that's ok. You raise some pertinent points

What we need to learn is that Adams easy bucket just waiting to get fed

That was a statement by our bench if I’ve ever seen one. Good stuff

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Nobody freaked, they just did what they were supposed to do.

33 Points Defensively in second half (seven in the Fourth Quarter).

This is why you play Hayes. Find him a role and you have a solid athletic big coming off the bench. This was much better from him

Here's why you're wrong.. Your opinion on what is a common foul, doesn't constitute "common foul". Fact of the matter is, it is at the least a flagrant. As evidenced by the call that was made on the floor. Your beliefs won't change that. If it happens again, I can assure you a flagrant call will be made. Which means what? Which means it's a flagrant. That's the bottom line boss.

Ingram will learn from this and not make that kind of play again. It wasn't smart.
    And I've clearly said multiple times I disagree with the RULE. I literally said that every time. Not sure how you keep missing it.

Therefore, I'm not going to criticize Ingram for a rule that imo is extremely overly penal and criminalizes ordinary basketball plays by calling them "flagrant." Can't be any more clear than that.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-31-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Glad they took care of business but that ejection really pisses me off.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And I've clearly said multiple times I disagree with the RULE. I literally said that every time. Not sure how you keep missing it.

Therefore, I'm not going to criticize Ingram for a rule that imo is extremely stupid and criminalizes ordinary basketball plays. Can't be any more clear than that.
    You disagree with a rule that mandates a penalty when a guy is clocked in the head while in the air on unnecessary contact? I guess that's fine. Your prerogative.

A lot to be hopeful about from this game. But this OKC team is running a lot of guys that probably won't be in the league long.

We have a very important decision to make in regards to moving (at least) one of our guards. To me, it's really not an easy decision because they all bring something to the table you want to have.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nichols, all he look forward to his life is arguing with you dudes on here and it's almost like woah... When people gonna figure out his gimmick?
    I'm just trying to be reasonable lol.. but I'm done with it. He can believe what he'd like to believe I suppose.

You disagree with a rule that mandates a penalty when a guy is clocked in the head while in the air on unnecessary contact? I guess that's fine. Your prerogative.
    Going for the ball is not unnecessary. Basketball is a contact sport. Parts of your body will collide with other bodies. He didnt go for the guy's head on purpose.

But you can have your prerogative and I'll have mine. Simple as that.

Thread Information