Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: December 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 2-1

Ball with some struggle possessions

Wild how in the Spurs game it was all grindy defense based play with no shotmaking, and tonight is just all shotmaking and defense going completely secondary
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ball with some struggle possessions
    The stepback three wasn't really his fault, ti was bailout, but that layup was ugly

We are wasting some easy Adams buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah you have to find the balance. Obviously having good instincts and acting on them on D is a virtue but you can't go for every single one or you leave huge gaps in the D
    I think people don't realize that Duke Zion did that a looooootttttt. We talk about missing Zion's activity defensively from Duke, but he had basically the same warts on that end that he has now. It's just a lot of that was masked by how truly dominant Duke was defensively top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    I think people don't realize that Duke Zion did that a looooootttttt. We talk about missing Zion's activity defensively from Duke, but he had basically the same warts on that end that he has now. It's just a lot of that was masked by how truly dominant Duke was defensively top to bottom.
    It's a gamble that happens whenever you have good D with an instinctual powerhouse.

Not comparing Zion to MJ, but the MJ Bulls had a similar prospect. People forget how often Jordan gambled on steals and completely struck out because, at the end of the day, he created more value doing it than value surrendered because the Bulls had other people (note: Pippen) who covered the mistakes. It's just something that happens.

Ingram with a really really bad ''I'm gonna jump and change my mind halfway up'' turnover. Not nice

Gundy realizing that Bledsoe needed to come out.

And Zo with another great shot!!

I wish Adams hadn't missed that pass to the cutting Redick, but I'll never be mad at him abusing Saric

They are focusing on cutting off drives and it's working pretty well. Got themselves a nice wall in the paint.

Lonzo hit a middy and that's always neat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Phoenix might be one of the few teams smaller than us.

WEll. As small.

Lonzo looking confident. I like.

Melli before JAX

Just sign Zo and Hart now before they get more expensive haha

They are noticing Adams got great leverage for easy bucket. Good eye

JJ can’t buy a bucket.

Zion 1/4 from the line, not pretty.

Y?all need to calm down

That last play was pure #pelslife

Team is playing with so much poise for being so young.

What a crap way to end a quarter. Melli got hooked and spun. Should of been a loose ball foul. Then they hit the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Zion 1/4 from the line, not pretty.
    Fred doesn't = the shot God?

Redick is as cold as can be.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The pelicans are hitting the 2 pointers and the suns are hitting the 3 pointers, if only the pelicans could hit their free throws.

Thread Information