Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: December 25th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Miami Heat - 1-0

Ingram nailed that, cold shot
    Basketball.

Bledsoe ends first and second quarters orchestrating bad last-shot possessions.

Bledsoe. What are you doing. Run the clock and make a pass to a guy buried in the corner by a defender.

Need more Zo and Ingram running the offense in the second half.

I'll give Bledsoe time to gel. However I never really liked his game at the Clippers or Bucks. I hope he turns it around with us and changes my mind.

6 3's in 1 half. Robinson is the definition of a knock down shooter. We might want to find him in the 2nd half.

Bledsoe is a really C- decision maker

Why is Bledsoe the first option on this team rn? Why is BI standing in the corner at the end of that possession? Head scratching.

Stan has got to teach these guards to be smarter. Why do you reject the screen and go to Hart last second?

Nobody is training coaches on the floor anymore.

Well the first half is gonna make a hell of a film session

NAW should play more. Bledsoe is just not a good facilitator. The ball stops moving and he doesn’t create the best shot selection.

Oh and Zo would have done something even dumber. Guards these days are only taught to run like headless chickens these days.

End of the half, starters statlines

Zion: 16pts, 7rbds, 1 stl - 6/10 shooting (60%)
    Ingram: 16pts, 1rbd, 2asts - 3/7 shooting (42.9%) [lots of FTs though]
    Adams: 6pts, 5rbds, 1stl - 3/3 shooting
    Lonzo: 6pts, 1rbd, 5asts - 2/3 shooting (66.6%)
    Bledsoe: 2pts, 5asts - 1/6 shooting (16.7%)

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Well the first half is gonna make a hell of a film session
    That's the bright side. Tons to learn from.

On the bright side, lonzo hasn't played terrible. Couple of questionable moves/decisions, but I like most of what I've seen from him.

I?m very disappointed with the way our bench handled the pressure and trapping from Miami when they went on that run. It translated to the defensive end as well and we kept leaning off of those corner 3?s. Starters were fine. We need to make big adjustments in the 2nd. We can?t let our bench lose the game for us here.

On the bright side, lonzo hasn't played terrible. Couple of questionable moves/decisions, but I like most of what I've seen from him.
    I agree! A few absolute facepalm moments but otherwise generally solid.

Quote Originally Posted by REALCHRISM View Post
    NAW should play more. Bledsoe is just not a good facilitator. The ball stops moving and he doesn’t create the best shot selection.
    Yeah he isn’t having his best game by a mile. Maybe we should run the offense through someone else, particularly when some of our starters are out.

Decent half.

Positives: Zion being aggressive on offense
    Adams getting those easy buckets when they are smaller out there. Like seeing him and Zo run the pick & roll
    Ingram making some big shots
    Uniforms - I may be in the minority, but I like them

Negatives: giving up too many easy layups on defense
    Leaving Robinson wide open on the 3 point line (6 3s!)
    Zo making head scratching plays as usual
    Bled looking pretty terrible on both sides the court
    Free throws for Zion

Hopefully the percentages catch up to the Heat and they don?t make every 3 they take in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I?m very disappointed with the way our bench handled the pressure and trapping from Miami when they went on that run. It translated to the defensive end as well and we kept leaning off of those corner 3?s. Starters were fine. We need to make big adjustments in the 2nd. We can?t let our bench lose the game for us here.
    Melli and Hayes we're major liabilities with the bench. Still wonder where NAW has been? Or even Kira for a few minutes. Maybe they can facilitate a bit better than JUST trying to create for JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Oh and Zo would have done something even dumber. Guards these days are only taught to run like headless chickens these days.
    like how we are bashing Zo for hypothetical plays now.

Heat hit more open looks than the Pels even got.

That cannot remain true in the second half if we want any chance of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by wagman View Post
    like how we are bashing Zo for hypothetical plays now.
    Can't argue with everyone. I just let it be.

Jj and hart are the only bench players that can play... hayes and melli have been useless... i wouldn't mind seeing naw and when he gets healthy maybe even gabriel because he can switch a lot defensively

Melli and Hayes we're major liabilities with the bench. Still wonder where NAW has been? Or even Kira for a few minutes. Maybe they can facilitate a bit better than JUST trying to create for JJ.
    JJ was part of the problem too. He seemed to be feeling a bit of pressure and started making some poor decisions with the ball. That may mean we need to pair him with someone else, but Reddick didn’t impress me in that 1st half at all. He was poo as well

Can't argue with everyone. I just let it be.
    take your own advice my friend :P

Thread Information