Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Jrue to the Bucks

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...777586696?s=21

Jrue to the Bucks for Bledsoe, Hill, and draft picks...a lot of draft picks.

Griff cased the joint and walked away with everything he wanted.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 11-16-2020 at 10:47 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Wow.

Out of nowhere
    Basketball.

Uh oh. The Bucks do not really have much to offer and the fact that it is before the draft makes me think there are no high draft picks involved. Did we have to cave because of the Nets dropping out?

Trash. How does this even help our team?

Bledsoe is seen by some as a negative contract. Hill is not bad. Any chance we are re-routing Bledsoe?

I'm hesitant to judge, because it's still early and there's more moves that could be made, but I have to admit that my initial reaction is one of being extremely underwhelmed.

Bledsoe is older than Jrue by a little, 6'1, no better as a shooter, and has 3 more years on his deal at basically $20m per, so he's not exactly cheap. Then the Bucks draft picks are very much expected to be poor: they don't even have their pick this year, and there's no reason to expect their picks over the next year or two to be any higher than the 20s.

Edit: I like Hill as well, but he's old as well. Have to imagine Griff is hoping he can try to move Hill to a contender for more value later?

Happy for Jrue to have a chance at a title next year. Not sure if I'll like the trade yet until I see the picks, or what we end up doing with Bledsoe and Hill since I imagine they'll be flipped elsewhere at some point, but time will tell I guess.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Couldn't even get DiVincenzo??? Terrible terrible return.

What does ''significant'' mean from a team that's expected to be a title contender for the next several years?

Dang!! Must be Bledsoe and pieces. I hope it's not much more than DiVincenzo and maybe Bender plus picks so the Pels would pick up cap space. Otherwise, I hope a third team is involved getting the Pels better picks/players.

I would just encourage the people flipping out about it being trash to be a little patient. I am also sceptical about it for reasons I listed earlier, but the full deal isn't revealed yet and it's perfectly plausible that one or both of Hill and Bledsoe are going to be flipped again later: remember, the December 15th trade line is still in effect even though the season starts late, so it's possible that these guys are here for less than a month before they're on their way out for other stuff. And that's assuming this deal doesn't grow to include other teams early, which is very possible, like the Hawks trade last year.

We own the Lakers and Bucks drafts through 2090.

So I thought we were looking to "acquire assests"

Griff is a fraud.

Yeah it's basically the Lakers package in picks.

This significant draft compensation better be significant. Must be picks next year in a stacked draft because the bucks will be trash without Giannis, Lopez, and Bledsoe

Lol..... Well Atleast he didn’t send him to the Lakers. Our GM will be gone in 3-4 years along with those Lakers players outside of maybe Ingram. Griff finessed us to help his buddy lebron make a deal. I would’ve taken the 2# pick from GS and a player than this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    This significant draft compensation better be significant. Must be picks next year in a stacked draft because the bucks will be trash without Giannis, Lopez, and Bledsoe

It's literally the max number of picks a team can offer iirc: everything for the next 5 years.

With picks.. it’s dry trash, not wet.

Ok so we have to hope the bucks suck, hope giannis leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would just encourage the people flipping out about it being trash to be a little patient. I am also sceptical about it for reasons I listed earlier, but the full deal isn't revealed yet and it's perfectly plausible that one or both of Hill and Bledsoe are going to be flipped again later: remember, the December 15th trade line is still in effect even though the season starts late, so it's possible that these guys are here for less than a month before they're on their way out for other stuff. And that's assuming this deal doesn't grow to include other teams early, which is very possible, like the Hawks trade last year.
    What players/picks of note is Hill and Bledsoe possibly going to fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    No idea. Just saying not to judge everything on a kneejerk reaction when there's good reason to suspect that there are more moves to be made.

The next 7 years of drafts is basically just us and OKC scouring the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Nothing. Bledsoe is a bad contract. Straps our team financially. Get ready to build through the draft hoping low firsts can net something. What do we
    do with Lonzo Ball? Is Bledsoe playing SG or being a $20 million backup?

Not enough room on the team for both Hill and JJ. One has to go.

What are the chances giannis stays now

Thread Information