.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 928

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

  1. #801
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Is Magic Johnson Griff's Twitter ghostwriter now
    No, but he apparently now views Bledsoe as a potential league MVP.

  2. #802
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

  3. #803

  4. #804
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...682917889?s=21

    Looks like we start the season as the very first game.

    Pelicans at Heat 12:00 pm EST on Christmas Day

    It pretty much says we one of the top 10 teams to watch. You would think some free agents would want to come here...
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-01-2020 at 08:46 PM.

  5. #805
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    2,738
    ESPN’s projected standings via RPM

    Bucks | 1 | Lakers
    Raptors |2| Clippers
    Heat |3| Rockets
    76ers |4| Jazz
    Celtics |5| Nuggets
    Nets |6| Mavericks
    Pacers |7| Pelicans
    Hawks |8| Suns
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

    this is a wild list lol...

  6. #806
    Aldridge gave us the 10th best offseason:

    I’d say gaining control over five first-round picks for a player you were likely not going to be able to re-sign is pretty good value, even if I don’t think the picks are going to amount to a whole lot, and as I know that New Orleans will miss the myriad skills Holiday brought to the party. Still, the haul gives the Pels some real flexibility to move up and down in multiple drafts to get the players they most like, and that will be crucial as the team continues to build around Zion Williamson, the newly max-extended Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball. Adams is all grown-****** man who should go right back to being a stout roadblock in the middle now that he again has long-limbed folks like Ingram and Ball out front creating deflections. And Van Gundy was the perfect coach to put some, ah, urgency into the Pels’ collective step as they try to navigate up the standings in the west.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    ESPN?s projected standings via RPM

    Bucks | 1 | Lakers
    Raptors |2| Clippers
    Heat |3| Rockets
    76ers |4| Jazz
    Celtics |5| Nuggets
    Nets |6| Mavericks
    Pacers |7| Pelicans
    Hawks |8| Suns
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

    this is a wild list lol...
    Yeah, Blazers aren't missing the playoffs. Top 4-5 seed

    You can't have the Jazz that high

    I'd have

    Lakers
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Mavericks
    Jazz
    Suns

    -------
    Memphis
    Pels
    Spurs
    Timberwolves
    Kings
    OKC

    And GSW floating dependant on health
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-02-2020 at 02:27 AM.

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yeah, Blazers aren't missing the playoffs. Top 4-5 seed

    You can't have the Jazz that high

    I'd have

    Lakers
    Nuggets
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Blazers
    Mavericks
    Jazz
    Suns

    -------
    Memphis
    Pels
    Spurs
    Timberwolves
    Kings
    OKC

    And GSW floating dependant on health
    c'mon man. In no world will the Rockets be the 4th seed, chemistry goes a long way and guys literally don't want to play there atm. Also think we're clearly better than Memphis and I wouldn't be surprised if we were the 8th seed over Phoenix.

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    c'mon man. In no world will the Rockets be the 4th seed, chemistry goes a long way and guys literally don't want to play there atm. Also think we're clearly better than Memphis and I wouldn't be surprised if we were the 8th seed over Phoenix.
    That was my best case scenario for Rockets. They've still got Harden so I'm ok with putting them there.

    We might have more top end talent than Memphis, but there's no injury cloud over Ja and they have added some very good players.

  10. #810
    Finally the Hawks trying to get back to relevance. I like what they did this offseason.

    C: Capela, Onkongwu
    PF: Collins, Hunter
    SF: Gallinari, Reddish
    SG: Bogdanovic, Huerter
    PG: Young, Rondo, Dunn

    I wonder if we could get DeAndre Hunter from them. All we missing, besides another star lol, is someone that guard the dominate wings in the league. With that roster they have too many wing types and that’s why I put Hunter at the 4. I would give them a Laker pick for him since we have so many and they will likely be the last pick or close in the first round. Hell I would throw in JJ Redick with a Laker pick for him and Huerter.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-02-2020 at 02:50 AM.

  11. #811
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Finally the Hawks trying to get back to relevance. I like what they did this offseason.

    C: Capela, Onkongwu
    PF: Collins, Hunter
    SF: Gallinari, Reddish
    SG: Bogdanovic, Huerter
    PG: Young, Rondo, Dunn

    I wonder if we could get DeAndre Hunter from them. All we missing, besides another star lol, is someone that guard the dominate wings in the league. With that roster they have too many wing types and that’s why I put Hunter at the 4. I would give them a Laker pick for him since we have so many and they will likely be the last pick or close in the first round. Hell I would throw in JJ Redick with a Laker pick for him and Huerter.
    I don't know why they chased so many veterans that will clog development time from their rooks

    It's not like the top of East is up for grabs

  12. #812
    Russell Westbrook to the Wizards for John Wall and a 1st rounder! Do what?!?! Thought Wall’s contract was untradeable, but also thought Westbrook was too. So it makes sense lol

    So now we get to see more of John Wall in our division. Now hopefully they trade Harden to the east and the Rockets become mediocre
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-02-2020 at 08:22 PM.

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Russell Westbrook to the Wizards for John Wall and a 1st rounder! Do what?!?! Thought Wall’s contract was untradeable, but also thought Westbrook was too. So it makes sense lol

    So now we get to see more of John Wall in our division. Now hopefully they trade Harden to the east and the Rockets become mediocre
    John Wall hasn't played basketball in about 20 months and they had to attach a pick to him to move him. I'm not sure that we get to see anything: I'd be slightly surprised if he was actually healthy.
    Cade Cunningham/Usman Garuba/Scottie Barnes/Moses Moody/Brandon Boston Jr endorser.

    Eye test people: analytics people watch more basketball than you do.

  14. #814
    The funny thing about the Westbrook/Wall deal is that I find it hard to imagine another trade with that much money involved - literally hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts - that is less consequential.

  15. #815
    Supposedly he’s in the best shape of his life lol, but that’s likely BS to up his trade value. He’s got a few years left on his deal, so I’m sure we will see him. How much we see him depends on the injury and if he’s any good after it lol

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The funny thing about the Westbrook/Wall deal is that I find it hard to imagine another trade with that much money involved - literally hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts - that is less consequential.
    If he is healthy, can still play close to where he was, and they keep Harden, Gordon, Tucker, with the new addition of Wood they may be better than last year. It depends on if Wood can keep improving. I don’t know how Morey thought him and Harden could co-exist. And I really, really will question the Nets GM if he thinks Harden, KD, and Kyrie can co-exist lol. That would be the dumbest move ever unless one of them would pull a Chris Bosh and really take a step back on his game. I just don’t see one of those 3 doing that.

  17. #817
    Is Washington going to shop Beal now?

  18. #818
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Is Washington going to shop Beal now?
    Quite the reverse: with Westbrook, who can at least play, this probably has at least some element of selling competition to Beal: ''please stay, look, we're making a run for the playoffs by adding guys who can actually play''.

  19. #819
    I forgot Houston got Boogie Cousins, so him and Wall reunite from their Kentucky days

  20. #820
    Zylan Cheatham was waived by the Thunder. We could do a lot worse than asking him back.
    Say Cannon Hinnant's Name.

  21. #821
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Zylan Cheatham was waived by the Thunder. We could do a lot worse than asking him back.
    You can't, for a year, re-sign a player that was traded then waived
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-03-2020 at 12:02 AM.

  22. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You can't, for a year, re-sign a player that was traded then waived
    You schooled me...I didn't realize that. Thanks!!

  23. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Russell Westbrook to the Wizards for John Wall and a 1st rounder! Do what?!?! Thought Wall’s contract was untradeable, but also thought Westbrook was too. So it makes sense lol

    So now we get to see more of John Wall in our division. Now hopefully they trade Harden to the east and the Rockets become mediocre
    Why you want to make OKC's picks better fam?

  24. #824
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    21,427
    I don't see the fit of Wall next to Harden.

  25. #825
    The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,138
    I posted this in the Jrue thread, but I guess that's dead. Anyway .... https://sports.yahoo.com/report-buck...000011478.html

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •