.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 124

Thread: Pels Hire Stan Van Gundy

  1. #1

    Pels Hire Stan Van Gundy

    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...820313601?s=21

    Well now that that’s over, what’s next?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  2. #2
    Like it

  3. #3
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    6,081
    Finally. Now let's get this roster together.

  4. #4
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...820313601?s=21

    Well now that that?s over, what?s next?
    remainder of staff?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  5. #5
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Taker597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,188
    Conservative and Uninspiring, but okay with it.

  6. #6
    Well, there it is

  7. #7
    Stan Van the Gundy Man



    Just to embed the tweet
    Tyrese Maxey/Isaac Okoro/Killian Tillie/Onyeka Okongwu/Devin Vassell endorser.

    Eye test people: analytics people watch more basketball than you do.

  8. #8
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,972
    Good hire. Not saying it's a home run, but if you look at our past coaches records, I think SVG will go down as one of our best coaches. Now that's not saying much, but still. Feel free to quote me in 4 years telling me how wrong I was if it doesn't work out but I think he's going to instill some basketball discipline this organization hasn't had in a while. JJ has nothing but good things to say about him.

  9. #9
    Great hire.

  10. #10
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    28,578
    I mean, I’m not against it. But whatever. It won’t matter if they bring in someone like Atkinson or some great assistants.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Good hire. Not saying it's a home run, but if you look at our past coaches records, I think SVG will go down as one of our best coaches. Now that's not saying much, but still. Feel free to quote me in 4 years telling me how wrong I was if it doesn't work out but I think he's going to instill some basketball discipline this organization hasn't had in a while. JJ has nothing but good things to say about him.
    Almost everyone thinks he's a good guy and a great teacher. He's not thrilling because, to a large extent, he's a known, so I can understand why some people aren't super hype about it. But it's near impossible to be upset about it.

  12. #12
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    28,578
    One thing is defense shouldn’t be a problem. He’s going to build a ********ing wall.

  13. #13
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Taker597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    One thing is defense shouldn’t be a problem. He’s going to build a ********ing wall.
    Ehhh... so, an opposite spectrum Defensive Alvin Gentry.

  14. #14
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Taker597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Almost everyone thinks he's a good guy and a great teacher. He's not thrilling because, to a large extent, he's a known, so I can understand why some people aren't super hype about it. But it's near impossible to be upset about it.
    And anyone honestly calling it a bust hire. That's an easy call. about 90% of all coaches end up getting fired or released. Let's see what he can do.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    America
    Posts
    436
    Wtf I wasn't expecting this

    I would of preferred somebody out of the blue like the pacers did

  16. #16
    Finally some news. I'm ready for a full season of Zion and Ingram.

  17. #17
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Almost everyone thinks he's a good guy and a great teacher. He's not thrilling because, to a large extent, he's a known, so I can understand why some people aren't super hype about it. But it's near impossible to be upset about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Wtf I wasn't expecting this

    I would of preferred somebody out of the blue like the pacers did
    LOL

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Taker597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Wtf I wasn't expecting this

    I would of preferred somebody out of the blue like the pacers did
    I can't really complain, because I wanted to See Jerry Stackhouse, Ime Udoka, or Darvin Ham. None of those guys where in the hiring process. So, they could of done much worse.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Wtf I wasn't expecting this
    How's that rock you've been under?

    Also, confirmation JJ is staying?

  21. #21
    This at least gives me hope. I’m not fully convinced on Van Gundy, but this is a much shrewder hire than Gentry. I quit watching the Pels for a while when Alvin became head coach because I was so disappointed with the appointment. He was a proven loser. This is a solid compromise to me.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Almost everyone thinks he's a good guy and a great teacher. He's not thrilling because, to a large extent, he's a known, so I can understand why some people aren't super hype about it. But it's near impossible to be [I]upset[/I] about it.
    Exactly how I feel

    I feel like Stan is one of the safer picks, so I can’t be mad. Hopefully he is still very up to date with the game. Some coaches fall behind after sitting out a while.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This at least gives me hope. I’m not fully convinced on Van Gundy, but this is a much shrewder hire than Gentry. I quit watching the Pels for a while when Alvin became head coach because I was so disappointed with the appointment. He was a proven loser. This is a solid compromise to me.
    Dat Dell legacy

  24. #24

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    LOL
    Hey, I said near impossible.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •