Pelicans Report

Thread: 3 teams interested in Lue (Pels included)

3 teams interested in Lue (Pels included)

Griff met with Lue in the bubble

Los Angeles Clippers assistant coach Tyronn Lue has reportedly generated interest from a number of teams, and he is apparently more likely to coach Joel Embiid or Kyrie Irving next season than Zion Williamson.

According to Marc Stein of the New York Times, the Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets "are more likely landing spots" for Lue than the New Orleans Pelicans.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...espite-meeting

That doesn’t hurt my feelings. Lue has only shown he can coach star players. Being Lebron’s coach is not that impressive.

Oh well.

There are certainly points in Lue's favour, and he wouldn't have been a distressing option to see in the job, but it's not like I'm gonna cry over losing out on him
    Basketball.

Lue probably fits a playoff ready roster better than a young and developing roster like the Pelicans.

The Pels should hire UNO Coach Mark Slessinger. That would be one hell of a hire.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Man... Pay $6 million for a daycare coach. And I thought real daycare prices are ridiculous.

I'm sure I would have accepted much less from the Lakers than they gave Frank Vogel to be Lebron's assistant (or fall guy when the situation calls for it).

Thread Information