Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st August - New Orleans Pelicans vs LA Clippers - 0-1 (28-37) - Bubble Game 2

He's leaving this linuep out there too long. No surprise.

not believe Zion missed that layup lol

That's absolutely out of character for him.

That said he's been a lot more active on defense and the glass so far this game.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Zion looks a lil gimpy.. this is why he's not being rushed into shape or playing condition.

zion limping bad

Clippers are 13/20 from 3 now, good for 65% basically, and it no longer seems to matter if they're contested or not.

This is part of the problem with letting guys get super hot early. Yes, they will probably cool off at some point purely out of variance, but if they never feel any pressure then they're allowed to get their rhythm, get their feet under them, get their aim on line, and then you basically have to just wait for chance to take over because nothing you can do impacts them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Zion looks a lil gimpy.. this is why he's not being rushed into shape or playing condition.
    Then don't play him.

Not sure why this is apparently like some arcane code, but if he's not ready to play, don't play him. If he is, then play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The playoffs
    "Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

Ah so Zion stepped on Reggie Jackson's foot, which caused the imbalance that forced him to miss the shot and also limp a bit getting up.

Odds that we don't see him again rest of the night? I say high.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Then don't play him.

Not sure why this is apparently like some arcane code, but if he's not ready to play, don't play him. If he is, then play him.
    Well, I think it's okay to allow him to acclimate on the floor. It's not ideal I know but, if he's not injured he should play.

Don't look now but.......

ZW has played just 10 minutes and his +/- differential is -20.

Sprained ankle? Out probably a week. If Gentry coaching career ends on an 0-8 bubble season. That's rough.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Don't look now but.......

ZW has played just 10 minutes and his +/- differential is -20.
    No one on the team has a positive +/- and Zion spent half of his time on the floor during the period the Clippers went 6/6 from 3, and the other half with 4 bench players.

Anyone who is surprised his +/- sucks doesn't know what +/- is.

Defense is absolute garbage. Nobody in the right spot. Everyone helping too early or rotating too late or sagging off too far.

Ingram gambles for a steal rather than playing real defense, gets blown by, immediately turns around and gets levelled by a screen.

That is a summary of this entire game in one 4 second clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No one on the team has a positive +/- and Zion spent half of his time on the floor during the period the Clippers went 6/6 from 3, and the other half with 4 bench players.

Anyone who is surprised his +/- sucks doesn't know what +/- is.
    Read what you want into it. The team is down 20 in his 10 minutes of play.

This is what happens when you invite a 6-26 team to the playoff team bubble, unfortunately.

Game over. Too many bad turnovers. That and the Clippers are on fire.

You should read into it nothing. Single game plus minus is a garbage stat on the best of days, let alone single half plus minus for a guy who has barely scraped 10 minutes on the floor, half of which was with a full bench unit.

They are almost down 40 since he is gone. Clearly, he isn't the issue.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-01-2020 at 06:06 PM.

It's like their last 10 shot attempts were 3s. It's just no discipline, direction, or idea of what to do.

The Franchise
    Clearly he has to get better on boards, and on defense. He may not have enough gas to give us optimal play on both ends of the court just yet. So I'm not worried about it for now. But it is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is what happens when you invite a 6-26 team to the playoff team bubble, unfortunately.
    It's pathetic. Everyone on the team should feel ashamed of this half of play, including the coaches.

Moore goes 1 on 3 and Gentry is probably fine with that.

Why TF did we extend Gentry again?

That possession..

Oof

I don't know if I can watch this anymore

Thread Information