Pelicans Report

Thread: JJ Redick Pod: Jrue Holiday Edition

Podcast JJ Redick Pod: Jrue Holiday Edition

Well, it's time for another episode of the Redick pod. I generally don't keep up with every episode (the world doesn't need another podcast with Malcolm Gladwell on it, thanks) but whenever there's another Pelicans player on there I make sure to check it out and do the transcription.

Here's the link to the audio: https://www.theringer.com/2020/2/27/...-rookie-duties

Transcription will be added when I've done it.
    Basketball.

Transcription for Jrue's appearance on Redick Pod
    Questions may contain some minor paraphrasing, but things are written as close to verbatim as possible. Only interesting stuff transcribed. Jrue's appearance begins at 37 minutes in (48 minutes remaining)

They start by talking about Jrue being JJs favourite teammate, and then they talk about Frank Jackson for a minute, and Jrue says ''I've been saying that Frank's going to be my replacement, when they kick me out of here, he's going to take over.'' Not transcribing that entire section because it's mostly just waffling, but found that bit pretty amusing.

They talk about rookies for a while in general, just talking about old rookies they used to play with. This is where it starts though, getting to Pelicans:

[TRADE TALK]

Redick: So, I want to talk about something early in your career. You're a young player, you sign an extension before your 4th year in Philly. Then you make the all-star team, that year, then you get traded. How did you find out you got traded and what was going through your mind?

Jrue: My best friend went to a little school called Vanguard, in California, and they just had a basketball camp, and we had just finished the camp and we were on our way to the Dodger game. [...] Cause you know, the Dodgers are my team. Another reason I don't really like the Astros right now. But we're like, going through... we'd just passed LAX, and we got a call. Not from my agent, but Sam Hinkie, and I don't know why I picked up the phone.

Well, actually I do remember, it's cause my friends were looking at the draft and you know, I don't pay attention to the draft, but they're looking and Hinkie calls me and I'm like, that's a weird time to get called. So I'm like, okay cool, and Sam's like ''sorry I never got to meet you, but we're trading you for the #6 pick and you're going to New Orleans.'' And I'm like ''thanks.'' and then I hang up. So it was like me, my best friend, I think my cousin, and I'm like ''I just got traded'' and they're saying you're joking. And then 2 seconds later, *phone notification sound* Jrue Holiday traded to New Orleans for Nerlens Noel.

Redick: And that was the night of the draft?

Jrue: Mhm.

Tommy: So did you have any New Orleans experience? Did you know the city at all?

Jrue: Nah, not like that.

Tommy: It's a pretty great place.

Jrue: *sighs* Well, I thought it sucked before I lived there, and now I live there it's one of the coolest cities in the world. [on the road] I stayed in my hotel room, I thought it was super dirty, you know like Bourbon Street,-

Tommy: Which it is.

Redick: It's elegant decay.

Jrue: But the food it's like, I've never had a bad meal in New Orleans. Never.

Tommy: It's crazy. I'm not an athlete, but I don't understand how you guys live there and don't balloon up because the food is insane. There's no bad meals, and there's no portion control, there's a sauce on everything -

Jrue: Everything's fried.

[Some talk about draft day trades]

Tommy: Did you have like, the next time you played them, a chip?

Jrue: Yeah, I think the first time I played them was in New Orleans and I think we smacked 'em by like 20, but the second time in Philly I was hurt so I didn't get to play. I think it took me a couple of years to play in Philly because I was hurt for like 2 or 3 years straight, and by the time I got to play there like, the hurt, was gone.

Redick: You were the start of the process. The beginning was getting rid of Jrue Holiday.

Jrue: Then at one point they were trying to bring me back. And I was like no no, I don't think that'll work. I'm the start and then the end? Nah, that's okay.

Redick: How hard was it going through your injury woes, with your surgery and coming back from it, mentally and physically?

Jrue: Yeah that was like my first time ever really being hurt, and I was thinking 'is my career over? will I be the same?' So I have a titanium rod in my leg from the bottom of my knee to my ankle, and that's never going anywhere. I'm never getting that out. The process of all of that freaked me out, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to be the same again.

Redick: What was that like, to have a doctor tell you that you need to have a metal rod in your leg?

Jrue: I was like ''hell no,'' but my wife was like... yeah, me and my dad were like no, we'll take whatever supplements, whatever, calcium tablets for the bones, whatever. And my wife and my mom were like nah, you should think about it. You've got a crack in your shin. Then the next year, Paul George's accident happened and I was like, thank god. Then I had a reaction to it the next year so I was out the next year as well.

Tommy: Does it go off in metal detectors?

Jrue: It's only gone off in one, and that was in India.

Redick: Do you think about it? Were you ever conscious of it? In life, not just in metal detectors.

Jrue: Uh, nah, I think that people say you can tell it's gonna rain when it gets cold or whatever, and I'm like no. I'm in New Orleans it rains all the time. Some people ask if the right leg is heavier than the left one, and it's like no. It feels the same, it's natural.

ON DEFENSE

Tommy: Who do you think the toughest guy you ever had to guard was?

Jrue: Derrick Rose.

Tommy: What year?

Jrue: MVP year Rose. He was so fast, and it's not like he had all these handles but he was so explosive and if he couldn't go by you he'd jut jump over you. One of the most forceful people I've ever gone against, and I'm not joking.

Redick: I say this all the time and I've said it on the podcast before so I'm not just saying it because you're on here, but you are the best one on one defender I've ever seen in my entire life. It's insane.

Jrue: Thanks man, I pride myself on it.

Redick: There's this ongoing joke because like, 5 is our base defense, 53 is switching 1-3, 54 is switching 1-4, 55 is switching everything which we hardly ever do, but a lot of the time our gameplan is like ''Oh, we'll be playing 53, except for Jrue who will be guarding Jokic'' [laughs], or ''53 except for Jrue who can switch with everybody, whoever you wanna switch on.'' And then the day before all-star break you were switched onto Gallo, and he got you with an up and under -

Jrue: P****d me off.

Redick:It was the first time in probably 2 or 3 months where you'd been switched onto a taller guy and they'd scored easily. You either steal it or block the shot. Tell me about your mentality.

Jrue: I don't know, it's just with taller guys, they always feel like they're stronger. Automatically. You're bigger so you're stronger, they think. But they're not. So if I'm lower than you, the physics, there's no way you can move me. They think they can, but they can't move me.

Redick: It's your quads.

Jrue: I do have big quads [laughs] but I feel like at that point once they try to move me, they always put the ball in front of them thinking that because you can't see it, you can't steal it. So I'm like okay, I'll take that please.

Redick: When you're on the ball with a guard like Lillard, or Rose in his prime, what are you looking at? Cause you seem to guess right.

Jrue: I think it's tendencies, and knowing tendencies. Name any player, say Anthony because he's my guy, I know he loves the left hand. He can turn over any shoulder but he's dribbling with his left. I know that I'm quicker than Anthony, so I can persuade him to go left and then still beat him there.

Redick: That's the interesting part that I've noticed. Your persuading of people to go the way they wanna go, -

Jrue: You're going the way you wanna go but that's also the way I want you to go.

Redick: That's the most Jedi mind-**** I've ever heard. That's crazy, just going against the scouting report. It'll say, ''force the guy to his right'' and Jrue will be like, I'm going to give him the left because I know he wants it, then -

Jrue: That makes it sound really weird, but it makes sense.

Tommy: When did you feel like you mastered it?

Redick: I wanna say it was right away, when I was still in Orlando and we played, I think it was the overtime game? No? Yeah, the overtime game in Orlando and you didn't guard me but you got switched onto me one time and you had no business closing out on me and then still staying in front of me, it was an impossible close-out, but you did it. You didn't steal the ball, to be clear, but you knocked it away.

Jrue: I just like defense, and I always have, and I feel like people don't. I like defense just as much as offense. I guess if you think of it that way then, yeah, but I'm not going to lie, it's so much harder. It's so tiring. All the time. Then you're playing against KD, he's 7 feet tall, what are you supposed to say. Or when he was on Golden State, and there were plays where I'd switch from KD, to Klay, to Steph, then back to KD.

Redick: When you guys played them in the playoffs, who did you start on?

Jrue: KD.

Redick: KD? Wow,-

Tommy: But you're going back and forth.

Jrue: Yeah, and I still have to score. But I love it now, we have JJ Redick [laughs] I don't need to score anymore, I can just play defense and then give them a ball. I tell him all the time, I'm the best screener, I'll set a screen and then let JJ come off it to shoot the ball. There's times when he doesn't even look at the rim.

[They spend some time talking about Redicks shooting, about him hitting those crazy in-motion off balance threes where he's still moving through the air on the release. Redick says that there's only like 4 or 5 guys in the world who can hit those shots consistently. Very humble ]

Redick: To me, though, Steph and Klay are like the two greatest shooters ever

Jrue: Greatest ever. Hall of Famers.

Redick: Then there's like, a next tier of guys, and I think I'm probably in the bottom of that tier. All time. The second tier, but that's a big group of guys. Actually, Ray and Reggie are probably the next tier. Then Korver.

Tommy: You have Klay over Ray?

Redick: Yeah, Klay's, when it's all said and done, those two guys are gonna be 1 and 2 all time made. Klay's never shot under 40% under his career, and he's had like 8 straight-

Jrue: And probably 90% of them without dribbling. That's the craziest thing.

Tommy: I'm still thinking about you having to switch between the three of those guys. It's just impossible, what are you supposed to do?

Jrue: Nothing. That's why they're so good.

Redick: You think you should be all-defensive first team every year?

Jrue: Yeah, I thought that I should have been last year.

Tommy: Have you been all first team before?

Jrue: Yeah the year before that

Redick: That was the year that you guys beat the Blazers in the playoffs. It's a weird team. Cause some of it is reputation, some of it is the eye test, some of it is advanced stats, like when Marc Gasol won DPOY.

Jrue: To me, because I'm still playing, for me it's partly the eye test but also how you feel when you go up against them. Like, Kawhi, every time you play against him would get a steal on me in a crucial moment, every single time we play. Pat's a dog, he's somebody that I know I'm going to have to fight tonight. There are some other guys who get that reputation who don't feel like that to me.

Tommy: We were talking about this earlier, who's your Dark Alley starting 5? Five guys in the league you would not wanna run into in a dark alley.

Jrue: Hmmm, Montrezl. Pat would be on there.

Redick: Yeah, I know Pat but if you don't know him, it's wild. I went James Johnson cause he's like 4th degree blackbelt.

Jrue: Oh JJ, yeah, I've seen him do that ninja joint or taekwondo or whatever it is. That's the craziest thing I've ever seen. He's too big and too strong to be moving like that. Just his lower body.

Redick: We said Marcus Smart, PJ, Baynes,-

Jrue: Baynes is for sure on that list.

Tommy: Baynes is the only white guy that makes sense.

Redick: Kevin Love?

[Everyone laughs]

Jrue: What about Steven Adams?

Redick: Yeah but he's like a gentle giant, so it's like...

Jrue: But what if you didn't know him?

Redick: Baynes is dirty as f*** [everyone laughs] Like, you want him on your team for sure

Jrue: But you hate him.

Tommy: We also said the Morris'. Basically the Clippers have like 4 of these guys.

Jrue: Yeah they do. Not Kawhi though. He's a robot. He's not from here.

[Stuff they do went they're not playing ball]

Redick: What do you do when you're bored on the road?

Jrue: Go to the movies by myself. But I feel like that's not as uncommon [Tommy interrupts to say that Zach Lavine said the same thing] it's the best. And thanks to Jahlil, I eat popcorn mixed with M&Ms, I get a coke.

Tommy: What's the best thing you've seen recently?

Jrue: Oh, besides Frozen 2? Because I have a 3 year old? I haven't been in a while but I really liked the Joker movie. It was super dark.

Tommy: Did you see Parasite?

Jrue: Nah, I think it's the subtitles that's stopping me.

Tommy: I was like that but I kinda got dragged kicking and screaming and then like 10 minutes in, you realise why. It's on a different level.

Jrue: I think that's gonna have to be my movie on the road trip back from LA.

Redick: I wanna find the guy who, when we ask this question to, comes up with something super random. Like, oh when we're on the road I just go find the best ice cream shop. Something like that. Cause everybody goes on - I just find the best possible restaurant and then go eat by myself. Cause I know people don't wanna go to the same places I wanna go, like our first roadtrip, Jrue and I went with Jah in Toronto, that was really good, and like, Jah reads the menu and I don't know if he couldn't understand the menu and he just said ''I can't do this'' and then he left [Jrue and JJ laughing] so it was just me and Jrue. Great meal.

Jrue: It was so good.

Redick: But it was such a turn-off, I was like well I'm not inviting Jah f***in' anywhere, he got his one invite for the year.

Jrue: I told him though he missed out on a good meal and if you don't understand the menu just ask JJ.

Tommy: That's why it's good to go alone, like about the movies if you wanna go see Joker, that's actually a good example, and if you're with 2 other people and you're enjoying it and they're not and they're just sulking it ruins-

Jrue: Leave! You're p*****g me off.

Redick: It's the same with food, there's that natural evolution. You first get into the league, you wanna go to a steakhouse, and I'm so past that point where-

Jrue: I'm so over steak, thank you!

Redick: Yeah and when we were in Memphis I went to The Great Canary with Nickeil, and I think it was a great experience to try something that, he's the one young guy on the team that I'd go do something with like that-

Tommy: Why do so many young NBA players love Tao?

Redick: That is beyond me.

[CLOSER]

Podcast finishes with JJ and Jrue basically saying that despite their kids going to the same preschool class, they have literally not seen each other once at dropoff because Jrue runs late every single time whereas JJ is there at 8am every time. Which is not important at all, but is kind of funny.

End of transcription

Interesting the he lived in Ruston for a while before moving back to Cali. And apparently soccer was popular in Ruston.

Ruston? I never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Transcription for Jrue's appearance on Redick Pod
    Questions may contain some minor paraphrasing, but things are written as close to verbatim as possible. Only interesting stuff transcribed. Jrue's appearance begins at 37 minutes in (48 minutes remaining)

They start by talking about Jrue being JJs favourite teammate, and then they talk about Frank Jackson for a minute, and Jrue says ''I've been saying that Frank's going to be my replacement, when they kick me out of here, he's going to take over.'' Not transcribing that entire section because it's mostly just waffling, but found that bit pretty amusing.

They talk about rookies for a while in general, just talking about old rookies they used to play with. This is where it starts though, getting to Pelicans:

[TRADE TALK]

Redick: So, I want to talk about something early in your career. You're a young player, you sign an extension before your 4th year in Philly. Then you make the all-star team, that year, then you get traded. How did you find out you got traded and what was going through your mind?

Jrue: My best friend went to a little school called Vanguard, in California, and they just had a basketball camp, and we had just finished the camp and we were on our way to the Dodger game. [...] Cause you know, the Dodgers are my team. Another reason I don't really like the Astros right now. But we're like, going through... we'd just passed LAX, and we got a call. Not from my agent, but Sam Hinkie, and I don't know why I picked up the phone.

Well, actually I do remember, it's cause my friends were looking at the draft and you know, I don't pay attention to the draft, but they're looking and Hinkie calls me and I'm like, that's a weird time to get called. So I'm like, okay cool, and Sam's like ''sorry I never got to meet you, but we're trading you for the #6 pick and you're going to New Orleans.'' And I'm like ''thanks.'' and then I hang up. So it was like me, my best friend, I think my cousin, and I'm like ''I just got traded'' and they're saying you're joking. And then 2 seconds later, *phone notification sound* Jrue Holiday traded to New Orleans for Nerlens Noel.

Redick: And that was the night of the draft?

Jrue: Mhm.

Tommy: So did you have any New Orleans experience? Did you know the city at all?

Jrue: Nah, not like that.

Tommy: It's a pretty great place.

Jrue: *sighs* Well, I thought it sucked before I lived there, and now I live there it's one of the coolest cities in the world. [on the road] I stayed in my hotel room, I thought it was super dirty, you know like Bourbon Street,-

Tommy: Which it is.

Redick: It's elegant decay.

Jrue: But the food it's like, I've never had a bad meal in New Orleans. Never.

Tommy: It's crazy. I'm not an athlete, but I don't understand how you guys live there and don't balloon up because the food is insane. There's no bad meals, and there's no portion control, there's a sauce on everything -

Jrue: Everything's fried.

[Some talk about draft day trades]

Tommy: Did you have like, the next time you played them, a chip?

Jrue: Yeah, I think the first time I played them was in New Orleans and I think we smacked 'em by like 20, but the second time in Philly I was hurt so I didn't get to play. I think it took me a couple of years to play in Philly because I was hurt for like 2 or 3 years straight, and by the time I got to play there like, the hurt, was gone.

Redick: You were the start of the process. The beginning was getting rid of Jrue Holiday.

Jrue: Then at one point they were trying to bring me back. And I was like no no, I don't think that'll work. I'm the start and then the end? Nah, that's okay.

Redick: How hard was it going through your injury woes, with your surgery and coming back from it, mentally and physically?

Jrue: Yeah that was like my first time ever really being hurt, and I was thinking 'is my career over? will I be the same?' So I have a titanium rod in my leg from the bottom of my knee to my ankle, and that's never going anywhere. I'm never getting that out. The process of all of that freaked me out, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to be the same again.

Redick: What was that like, to have a doctor tell you that you need to have a metal rod in your leg?

Jrue: I was like ''hell no,'' but my wife was like... yeah, me and my dad were like no, we'll take whatever supplements, whatever, calcium tablets for the bones, whatever. And my wife and my mom were like nah, you should think about it. You've got a crack in your shin. Then the next year, Paul George's accident happened and I was like, thank god. Then I had a reaction to it the next year so I was out the next year as well.

Tommy: Does it go off in metal detectors?

Jrue: It's only gone off in one, and that was in India.

Redick: Do you think about it? Were you ever conscious of it? In life, not just in metal detectors.

Jrue: Uh, nah, I think that people say you can tell it's gonna rain when it gets cold or whatever, and I'm like no. I'm in New Orleans it rains all the time. Some people ask if the right leg is heavier than the left one, and it's like no. It feels the same, it's natural.

ON DEFENSE

Tommy: Who do you think the toughest guy you ever had to guard was?

Jrue: Derrick Rose.

Tommy: What year?

Jrue: MVP year Rose. He was so fast, and it's not like he had all these handles but he was so explosive and if he couldn't go by you he'd jut jump over you. One of the most forceful people I've ever gone against, and I'm not joking.

Redick: I say this all the time and I've said it on the podcast before so I'm not just saying it because you're on here, but you are the best one on one defender I've ever seen in my entire life. It's insane.

Jrue: Thanks man, I pride myself on it.

Redick: There's this ongoing joke because like, 5 is our base defense, 53 is switching 1-3, 54 is switching 1-4, 55 is switching everything which we hardly ever do, but a lot of the time our gameplan is like ''Oh, we'll be playing 53, except for Jrue who will be guarding Jokic'' [laughs], or ''53 except for Jrue who can switch with everybody, whoever you wanna switch on.'' And then the day before all-star break you were switched onto Gallo, and he got you with an up and under -

Jrue: P****d me off.

Redick:It was the first time in probably 2 or 3 months where you'd been switched onto a taller guy and they'd scored easily. You either steal it or block the shot. Tell me about your mentality.

Jrue: I don't know, it's just with taller guys, they always feel like they're stronger. Automatically. You're bigger so you're stronger, they think. But they're not. So if I'm lower than you, the physics, there's no way you can move me. They think they can, but they can't move me.

Redick: It's your quads.

Jrue: I do have big quads [laughs] but I feel like at that point once they try to move me, they always put the ball in front of them thinking that because you can't see it, you can't steal it. So I'm like okay, I'll take that please.

Redick: When you're on the ball with a guard like Lillard, or Rose in his prime, what are you looking at? Cause you seem to guess right.

Jrue: I think it's tendencies, and knowing tendencies. Name any player, say Anthony because he's my guy, I know he loves the left hand. He can turn over any shoulder but he's dribbling with his left. I know that I'm quicker than Anthony, so I can persuade him to go left and then still beat him there.

Redick: That's the interesting part that I've noticed. Your persuading of people to go the way they wanna go, -

Jrue: You're going the way you wanna go but that's also the way I want you to go.

Redick: That's the most Jedi mind-**** I've ever heard. That's crazy, just going against the scouting report. It'll say, ''force the guy to his right'' and Jrue will be like, I'm going to give him the left because I know he wants it, then -

Jrue: That makes it sound really weird, but it makes sense.

Tommy: When did you feel like you mastered it?

Redick: I wanna say it was right away, when I was still in Orlando and we played, I think it was the overtime game? No? Yeah, the overtime game in Orlando and you didn't guard me but you got switched onto me one time and you had no business closing out on me and then still staying in front of me, it was an impossible close-out, but you did it. You didn't steal the ball, to be clear, but you knocked it away.

Jrue: I just like defense, and I always have, and I feel like people don't. I like defense just as much as offense. I guess if you think of it that way then, yeah, but I'm not going to lie, it's so much harder. It's so tiring. All the time. Then you're playing against KD, he's 7 feet tall, what are you supposed to say. Or when he was on Golden State, and there were plays where I'd switch from KD, to Klay, to Steph, then back to KD.

Redick: When you guys played them in the playoffs, who did you start on?

Jrue: KD.

Redick: KD? Wow,-

Tommy: But you're going back and forth.

Jrue: Yeah, and I still have to score. But I love it now, we have JJ Redick [laughs] I don't need to score anymore, I can just play defense and then give them a ball. I tell him all the time, I'm the best screener, I'll set a screen and then let JJ come off it to shoot the ball. There's times when he doesn't even look at the rim.

[They spend some time talking about Redicks shooting, about him hitting those crazy in-motion off balance threes where he's still moving through the air on the release. Redick says that there's only like 4 or 5 guys in the world who can hit those shots consistently. Very humble ]

Redick: To me, though, Steph and Klay are like the two greatest shooters ever

Jrue: Greatest ever. Hall of Famers.

Redick: Then there's like, a next tier of guys, and I think I'm probably in the bottom of that tier. All time. The second tier, but that's a big group of guys. Actually, Ray and Reggie are probably the next tier. Then Korver.

Tommy: You have Klay over Ray?

Redick: Yeah, Klay's, when it's all said and done, those two guys are gonna be 1 and 2 all time made. Klay's never shot under 40% under his career, and he's had like 8 straight-

Jrue: And probably 90% of them without dribbling. That's the craziest thing.

Tommy: I'm still thinking about you having to switch between the three of those guys. It's just impossible, what are you supposed to do?

Jrue: Nothing. That's why they're so good.

Redick: You think you should be all-defensive first team every year?

Jrue: Yeah, I thought that I should have been last year.

Tommy: Have you been all first team before?

Jrue: Yeah the year before that

Redick: That was the year that you guys beat the Blazers in the playoffs. It's a weird team. Cause some of it is reputation, some of it is the eye test, some of it is advanced stats, like when Marc Gasol won DPOY.

Jrue: To me, because I'm still playing, for me it's partly the eye test but also how you feel when you go up against them. Like, Kawhi, every time you play against him would get a steal on me in a crucial moment, every single time we play. Pat's a dog, he's somebody that I know I'm going to have to fight tonight. There are some other guys who get that reputation who don't feel like that to me.

Tommy: We were talking about this earlier, who's your Dark Alley starting 5? Five guys in the league you would not wanna run into in a dark alley.

Jrue: Hmmm, Montrezl. Pat would be on there.

Redick: Yeah, I know Pat but if you don't know him, it's wild. I went James Johnson cause he's like 4th degree blackbelt.

Jrue: Oh JJ, yeah, I've seen him do that ninja joint or taekwondo or whatever it is. That's the craziest thing I've ever seen. He's too big and too strong to be moving like that. Just his lower body.

Redick: We said Marcus Smart, PJ, Baynes,-

Jrue: Baynes is for sure on that list.

Tommy: Baynes is the only white guy that makes sense.

Redick: Kevin Love?

[Everyone laughs]

Jrue: What about Steven Adams?

Redick: Yeah but he's like a gentle giant, so it's like...

Jrue: But what if you didn't know him?

Redick: Baynes is dirty as f*** [everyone laughs] Like, you want him on your team for sure

Jrue: But you hate him.

Tommy: We also said the Morris'. Basically the Clippers have like 4 of these guys.

Jrue: Yeah they do. Not Kawhi though. He's a robot. He's not from here.

[Stuff they do went they're not playing ball]

Redick: What do you do when you're bored on the road?

Jrue: Go to the movies by myself. But I feel like that's not as uncommon [Tommy interrupts to say that Zach Lavine said the same thing] it's the best. And thanks to Jahlil, I eat popcorn mixed with M&Ms, I get a coke.

Tommy: What's the best thing you've seen recently?

Jrue: Oh, besides Frozen 2? Because I have a 3 year old? I haven't been in a while but I really liked the Joker movie. It was super dark.

Tommy: Did you see Parasite?

Jrue: Nah, I think it's the subtitles that's stopping me.

Tommy: I was like that but I kinda got dragged kicking and screaming and then like 10 minutes in, you realise why. It's on a different level.

Jrue: I think that's gonna have to be my movie on the road trip back from LA.

Redick: I wanna find the guy who, when we ask this question to, comes up with something super random. Like, oh when we're on the road I just go find the best ice cream shop. Something like that. Cause everybody goes on - I just find the best possible restaurant and then go eat by myself. Cause I know people don't wanna go to the same places I wanna go, like our first roadtrip, Jrue and I went with Jah in Toronto, that was really good, and like, Jah reads the menu and I don't know if he couldn't understand the menu and he just said ''I can't do this'' and then he left [Jrue and JJ laughing] so it was just me and Jrue. Great meal.

Jrue: It was so good.

Redick: But it was such a turn-off, I was like well I'm not inviting Jah f***in' anywhere, he got his one invite for the year.

Jrue: I told him though he missed out on a good meal and if you don't understand the menu just ask JJ.

Tommy: That's why it's good to go alone, like about the movies if you wanna go see Joker, that's actually a good example, and if you're with 2 other people and you're enjoying it and they're not and they're just sulking it ruins-

Jrue: Leave! You're p*****g me off.

Redick: It's the same with food, there's that natural evolution. You first get into the league, you wanna go to a steakhouse, and I'm so past that point where-

Jrue: I'm so over steak, thank you!

Redick: Yeah and when we were in Memphis I went to The Great Canary with Nickeil, and I think it was a great experience to try something that, he's the one young guy on the team that I'd go do something with like that-

Tommy: Why do so many young NBA players love Tao?

Redick: That is beyond me.

[CLOSER]

Podcast finishes with JJ and Jrue basically saying that despite their kids going to the same preschool class, they have literally not seen each other once at dropoff because Jrue runs late every single time whereas JJ is there at 8am every time. Which is not important at all, but is kind of funny.

End of transcription
    You should get paid for this.
    So instead I'll just say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    You should get paid for this.
    So instead I'll just say thank you.
    No problem! Thanks for the thanks

I will say though, Jrue not going to see Parasite because of the subtitles is big time disappointing. Just read, my guy

Thread Information