.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lakers lose to the Embiid less sixers

  1. #1

    Lakers lose to the Embiid less sixers

    But people here are scared to play them if this team gets the 8th seed. This isn't the durant warriors the lakers wont sweep the pelicans and they struggle vs quick athletic players *hint hint

  2. #2
    Forgot to add sixers had two rookies in there starting lineup tonight

  3. #3
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,220

  4. #4
    Yea baby playoffs that shcedule easy as a layup

  5. #5
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,220
    Also according to our defensive rating we don’t come close to beating the Lakers. How about just taking it one game at a time?

    https://www.foxsports.com/nba/team-s...1&opp=0&page=1

    Also Zion will get put back to the bench as soon as he does well. Doctors orders.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 01-26-2020 at 01:09 AM.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,220
    The Golden Tank will be in the Blender April 10

    https://www.nola.com/gambit/music/ar...1670fcd47.html

  8. #8
    This is a very strange thing to get pumped about. Teams can lose to anyone on any given night during the regular season. It means next to nothing apart from your seeding.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This is a very strange thing to get pumped about. Teams can lose to anyone on any given night during the regular season. It means next to nothing apart from your seeding.
    I mean, it is worth noting that the Lakers have been pretty mediocre when faced with other elite teams this year. They've lost to the Sixers, been absolutely blown out by the Celtics, lost to the Clippers twice, been slammed by the Bucks, etc. Their record against other top tier teams is entirely average.

    The Lakers are doing something kind of interesting where they really gun hard for the #1 seed, presumably to try and get an easier playoff run. The consequence is that they aren't doing load management or anything whereas the other teams like the Clippers are. As a result their regular season record is inflated in comparison to these other elite teams; they're basically just trying harder.

    When playoff time hits and everyone's trying hard and nobody is doing load management, I feel like the Lakers will feel that gap in achievement close significantly.
    Tyrese Maxey/Isaac Okoro/Killian Tillie/Onyeka Okongwu/Devin Vassell endorser.

    Eye test people: analytics people watch more basketball than you do.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, it is worth noting that the Lakers have been pretty mediocre when faced with other elite teams this year. They've lost to the Sixers, been absolutely blown out by the Celtics, lost to the Clippers twice, been slammed by the Bucks, etc. Their record against other top tier teams is entirely average.

    The Lakers are doing something kind of interesting where they really gun hard for the #1 seed, presumably to try and get an easier playoff run. The consequence is that they aren't doing load management or anything whereas the other teams like the Clippers are. As a result their regular season record is inflated in comparison to these other elite teams; they're basically just trying harder.

    When playoff time hits and everyone's trying hard and nobody is doing load management, I feel like the Lakers will feel that gap in achievement close significantly.
    If they break down they break down, but itís absurd to argue whether or not they are a great team regardless of who they lose to. We will revisit this during playoff time and evaluate whether they regret their lack of load management or not. Too early to tell

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    If they break down they break down, but it’s absurd to argue whether or not they are a great team regardless of who they lose to. We will revisit this during playoff time and evaluate whether they regret their lack of load management or not. Too early to tell
    Its not whether they'll personally regret it. Maybe they'll be absolutely fine. The point is that the gap they have now is because they're playing at 100% and other teams are generally only playing at 85%. When playoff time hits, Lakers will still be going 100%: the lack of load management may not hurt their play whatsoever. The point is that, at that point, everyone else will put the foot on the throttle too and the dominance that LA has displayed so far over the regular season will be less apparent against that competition.

    That isn't a case of regretting load management or not. It's just a case of being aware of the context in which their regular season record is being written.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Its not whether they'll personally regret it. Maybe they'll be absolutely fine. The point is that the gap they have now is because they're playing at 100% and other teams are generally only playing at 85%. When playoff time hits, Lakers will still be going 100%: the lack of load management may not hurt their play whatsoever. The point is that, at that point, everyone else will put the foot on the throttle too and the dominance that LA has displayed so far over the regular season will be less apparent against that competition.

    That isn't a case of regretting load management or not. It's just a case of being aware of the context in which their regular season record is being written.
    Kind of like the year the Warriors went 73-9.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •