Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 11-23

Pelicans 3rd January - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 11-23

Happy New Year everyone, as we come together to see the first game of 2020 for the Pelicans. We've had a couple of days off, so god knows whether that will work in our favour or not: it could be that we're well rested and fired to get going, or it could be that we have some lethargy going on. In any case, we're walking into this game with an active 4 game winning streak, and it would be cool if we could keep that going.

That said, it'll be a tough one. Tonight we take on the Lakers, on the road. Despite a 4 game skid recently, LA are still 27-7 so far this season and have won 3 straight by comfortable margins. Admittedly, only one of those games was against a good opponent (Dallas game) but still, it's worth noting.

Lakers are 4th in DRtg and 7th in ORtg. By comparison, we are 19th in ORTG, and 23rd in DRtg. You may be thinking to yourself that 23rd is an improvement on our defense from about two weeks ago, where we were 24th, and much better than where we were about 3 weeks ago, when we were 27th. You would be right. Let's keep that progress up.

1st in blocks, 2nd in steals, 7th in assists, 2nd in FG%, the Lakers are a pretty good team at a bunch of things. They're mediocre rebounders, only falling in 16th in the league in that, and they're not very good from 3 or the FT line, sitting at 20th and 27th respectively in those categories. So there are weaknesses in this team that can be exploited.

One thing to be noted is that LA is dead middling in pace, ranked 15th in the league. They're not a team that sprints around naturally but they aren't some crawling team either; they should be able to run with us at least a little bit. That's to be expected, frankly; AD did run with us for a while, and of course so did Rondo. Lebron is the greatest transition player of all time so... yeah.

Let's go out there and do our best, but this isn't the kind of game where we get sad if we lose. We can get sad if the team plays stupidly, or annoyed too, but this is the kind of game where we could play well and still take the L, and in that situation you have to just deal with it.

#WBD
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    if the lakers try to force AD to have a career night against his former team like it seem like they tried to do in the first game then we should get the win....

if the lakers play team ball like they did at the start of the 4th period when AD got hurt in the first game then it will be a tough game and the lakers may get the win...

im looking forward to a good game and believe the old lakers boys will each score in double figures and show out at their old home and get us the win.....go pels...

Would love for a win if for nothing else for Ball, Ingram and Hart. AD got his "revenge" in NOLA. Would be nice for them to get their say in LA.

All-Star
    FINALLY!!!! I thought game day would never come lol

I would love for the lights to go out, and suddenly this loud “let’s dance” track blasts out of the speakers and Jim Ross says “my Gawd! That’s Zion’s music!” And Zion takes the court and puts AD and Rich Paul in a body bag (simultaneously because this is 2020, and that sort of this is okay).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

On a plane to Buffalo. Thankfully this one is nationally televised.

Maybe.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I’ve blocked out my entire night for this game! I obviously want a win, but as long as it’s a good game I’ll be happy... a win would be the cherry on top.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    On a plane to Buffalo. Thankfully this one is nationally televised.

Maybe.
    Go to the Anchor Bar. Best Buffalo wings I ever had.

Big big game. Would not beat them down on a loss here. Just compete for me guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That's the place that invented the Buffalo wing, so it makes sense that they'd be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshinePumper View Post
    That's the place that invented the Buffalo wing, so it makes sense that they'd be the best.
    WOAH! I’m one for the original things in life.... however, Anchor bar is probably the most overrated restaurant in history.

The wings are average at best! Had them a few months back during a work trip. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I need a place to catch the Saints game after checking out of the hotel and before boarding the plane. Much appreciated. I will hit it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    WOAH! I’m one for the original things in life.... however, Anchor bar is probably the most overrated restaurant in history.

The wings are average at best! Had them a few months back during a work trip. Very disappointed.
    Oh yikes. Torn between two homies! Lol
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 01-03-2020 at 05:09 PM.

If there is one game I want to win it is this one! Oh and by the way how about Lonzo! No he is not a Star right now but he showed you what he is capable of doing once he comes into full form. The kid is just 21 years old and just has to develop while slightly tweaking his game and we have a star guard for the future who fits perfectly in with our young guys. Lonzo is going to have lots of games where he isn’t so great but so do most players his age. This kid is going to be a stud and a 6’6 version of Ben Simmons who can actually shoot. I can easily see Lonzo being a 13-17ppg/6-10apg/5-8rpg next season. Lonzo couldn’t be on a better team to be surrounded by the perfect players to really bring out his talent as he grows.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would love for the lights to go out, and suddenly this loud “let’s dance” track blasts out of the speakers and Jim Ross says “my Gawd! That’s Zion’s music!” And Zion takes the court and puts AD and Rich Paul in a body bag (simultaneously because this is 2020, and that sort of this is okay).
    Zion dunks on AD

" WITH GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!"

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Phew. We have a chance now. Go Pels

And now, the dotless msusousaphone will tell you who to pull for.............

........Eastern conference teams.

Just over an hour now!!!! Most excited I’ve been for a basketball game in years!!!

Eh. Young guys might let emotions get in the way...then lay an egg.

I just hope for a non poor shooting night and no 10 - 58 from three range.

Zion looking pretty good out there.

Man, I hate how yellow the Lakers jerseys are.

Just banana yellow.

I could swear they used to be a bit darker.

That should be FTs for Ingram. McGee fouled him.

Thread Information