Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 7th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 6-16

Pelicans 7th December - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 6-16

On the road, coming off another loss (this time a close, overtime affair), we head into Dallas to take on the 15-6 Mavericks that we got blown out by just a few games ago.

Not going to do a big long game thread for that reason: the last game against them was so recently, so little has changed. We're on the road now, so it's going to be a little bit tougher without the home crowd behind us, but honestly it's not like we've been killing it at home either so it's hard to say it matters that much.

Hopefully we can show a little bit of fight: last game against the Suns, we obviously lost but the 4th quarter showed a lot of fight in a variety of ways. If that can carry through to tonight, I wouldn't expect a win but I'd love if we could avoid the blowout.

Losing tonight would take us to 8 straight Ls, so... uh... can we not do that, please?

#WBD
    Basketball.

I'm in the building for the game smh. Need this win for nola sports.

Good to see everyone excited for this game!

Luka giving me Pistol Pete flashbacks behind the back pass, no look lobs Kid is unreal

Every time we play the Mavs or any team this season where we are keeping it close, I’m waiting for Ingram to take one of those superstar 25 ppg scorer leaps where he scores like a 15-25 ppg quarter. I know he has it in him.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    We can always count on Josh Hart now to shoot a quick three when the Pels are struggling.

Anyone else having trouble with FoxSports streaming?

You can tell that Jrue feels much more comfortable on the court with Jah than Jax. The motion is so much more. It says a lot about how bad the offense actually is. Some of the players have zero idea how to play with each other.

Great block by Lonzo

Great back door pass by Jrue

We do need to take a page from Porzingis and start fouling harder. We give up wimpy fouls and it’s why we concede so many and 1’s

Hayes looks so raw but you can see the potential

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    Hayes looks so raw but you can see the potential
    He is already a solid NBA player. We couldn’t have asked any more for a rookie really. If he develops as he should, the guy might be the gem of the draft.

Carlisle is probably the best at timing his zone defense. Played a big part in Dallas winning that championship

Instead of getting a two for one, a Jrue step back brick will do it.

Carlisle just counters Alvin all game. It’s kind of funny to watch him get so badly out coached. Put in Jah, out comes Boban...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Carlisle just counters Alvin all game. It’s kind of funny to watch him get so badly out coached. Put in Jah, out comes Boban...
    It’s not just Alvin to be fair. Carlisle is one of the better coaches in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s not just Alvin to be fair. Carlisle is one of the better coaches in the league.
    I agree with that. Just funny how he is countering his every move.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I agree with that. Just funny how he is countering his every move.
    This is where you see a huge difference between the two coaches. Carlisle genuinely understands both sides of the game. He isn’t a glorified offensive/defensive coordinator. He doesn’t do anything overly complicated, but he isn’t afraid to make adjustments. Joel always jokes about how he calls a timeout after giving up two consecutive buckets. That is the kind of coach he is.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This is where you see a huge difference between the two coaches. Carlisle genuinely understands both sides of the game. He isn’t a glorified offensive/defensive coordinator. He doesn’t do anything overly complicated, but he isn’t afraid to make adjustments. Joel always jokes about how he calls a timeout after giving up two consecutive buckets. That is the kind of coach he is.
    He’s done that tonight twice and three minutes later the Mavs were back up double digits

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This team is so unbearable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    This team is so unbearable to watch.
    It literally depends on us making impossible shots (which we often make). When we don’t make those shots, or we get out coached horribly by an NBA title winning coach, it shows.

Another game with no plays ran

I don’t ever want to play Dallas again.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Another game with no plays ran
    Horrendous basketball. 5 turnovers in seven possessions. Let’s fix that by not passing at all. A BI iso forced shot over two people with 4 people standing on the three point line. This is one of the more bizarre sports seasons I can recall. How bad does a team have to be to get rid of the coach?

Thread Information