Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 24th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Clippers - 6-10

Gentry takes out the key players that led the comeback only to put in players to help the clippers extend their lead smh

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    He’s 36% on the season. Not great but not bad after just changing his shooting form this summer. I see what you are seeing as well but I also see someone who is just 22 years old and has a ton of room for improvement.
    He's 1-7 tonight. He's had several nights like this. I don't mind 35-36%, but how about on 3-4 attempts per game, not 7-10. He's not good enough to be taking that many threes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Rondo at Balls age was 10 times better.
    LoL no he was not.. he was also surrounded by 3 HOF players allowing him to play exactly to his skill set. Put Lonzo on the Celtics team and he would thrive as well.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Gentry takes out the key players that led the comeback only to put in players to help the clippers extend their lead smh
    That’s exactly what he did

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    He's 1-7 tonight. He's had several nights like this. I don't mind 35-36%, but how about on 3-4 attempts per game, not 7-10. He's not good enough to be taking that many threes.
    I completely agree and would like to see him attack more. He has improved from 3 and I expect him to continue improving there along with other areas. IMO we don’t currently have the best players around him to get everything out of his skill set. Zion will be a huge help to what Lonzo is best at

…..and Gentry thinks Ball is ideally suited to run his offense? Even dreamt about it before the trade?

Gentry waited until 5 min in the 4th to put in Reddick huh

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    God, we need Favors to get healthy and say healthy.

[QUOTE=RobertM320;1512862]He's 1-7 tonight. He's had several nights like this. I don't mind 35-36%, but how about on 3-4 attempts per game, not 7-10. He's not good enough to be taking that many threes.[/QUOTE

Someone is telling him that it’s ok. That’s the problem.

I completely agree and would like to see him attack more. He has improved from 3 and I expect him to continue improving there along with other areas. IMO we don’t currently have the best players around him to get everything out of his skill set. Zion will be a huge help to what Lonzo is best at
    I think someone needs to tell him then. Because it seems to me he sees himself as a JJReddick when he's really a Jahlil Okafor when it comes to shooting threes.

We are trying to develop our players for the future not win an NBA championship this season. So yes I want Lonzo to continue shooting 3s. I think he can take a better selection of shots while mixing up his offense a little more. Only way for him to improve is on the floor

We are trying to develop our players for the future not win an NBA championship this season. So yes I want Lonzo to continue shooting 3s. I think he can take a better selection of shots while mixing up his offense a little more. Only way for him to improve is on the floor
    Not a bad point. Our chances of picking #1 are much higher if he plays.

But I hate t-wording.

Ball has had a shakey game but it's against elite competition. Last night, he was solid. We were being absolutely murdered until he entered the game and righted the ship. Ball is the best leader we have for the offense. Kinda odd to ignore the steadying hand last night and only harp on his play against the best in the game.

One of Favors or Zion would have completely changed this game. We're just missing our interior sentinel.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I want to develop our players for the future as well. But we didn't have AD shooting 5-6 threes a game UNTIL he learned how to shoot them. His first few years he shot very few. Lonzo needs to get better at it BEFORE taking half dozen of them a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not a bad point. Our chances of picking #1 are much higher if he plays.

But I hate t-wording.
    Lol very true. He’s the tank driver.

Wow we are not good at FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ball has had a shakey game but it's against elite competition. Last night, he was solid. We were being absolutely murdered until he entered the game and righted the ship. Ball is the best leader we have for the offense. Kinda odd to ignore the steadying hand last night and only harp on his play against the best in the game.

One of Favors or Zion would have completely changed this game. We're just missing our interior sentinel.
    I think it’s the overall situation. He’s just not making smart decisions. He’s settling for shots that he just isn’t good enough to do consistently. He’s had more bad games than good ones. He was -27 tonight, which can’t be overlooked. That means he isn’t making up for the bad shooting by playing defense.

LoL no he was not.. he was also surrounded by 3 HOF players allowing him to play exactly to his skill set. Put Lonzo on the Celtics team and he would thrive as well.
    This is the trashest woulda coulda hot take that you've ever put out. The Rondo 10X better isn't much better either.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-24-2019 at 10:22 PM.

All-Star
    wake me up when zion returns..

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    This is the trashest woulda coulda hot take that you've ever put out.
    I didn’t agree with him at all. I just left it alone, cause I could write for days on how Rondo was integral to them winning.

Elfrid Payton or Lonzo Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Elfrid Payton or Lonzo Ball?
    Elfrid before his injury was playing like a stud. I’m taking that Elfrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    God, we need Favors to get healthy and say healthy.
    I was told he should be traded ASAP. Courtesy Pels Report.

This game was going to be beyond difficult with no Favors.

It was also a better game to start Okafor unless he was on a minutes restriction.

Harrel is too wild and strong for Hayes. Who only pulled down 3 rebounds in 29 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It was also a better game to start Okafor unless he was on a minutes restriction.

Harrel is too wild and strong for Hayes. Who only pulled down 3 rebounds in 29 minutes.
    Hayes was considerably better on defense in general than Okafor though. It's easy enough to say that Harrell is too strong for Hayes, which is absolutely true, but it's equally true that he's better on basically everyone else, whereas Okafor doesn't have anything like the lateral quickness required to defend anyone smaller than about 6'8. And frankly, Okafor was getting shredded by Harrell too.

Just for some evidence to this point, Hayes was an overall net negative tonight but only a small one (-0.3 net rating) whereas Okafor was a stunning -59.9. Of course part of that is due to the lineups they were playing with, but not all of it. Okafor really isn't a good defender by any stretch of the imagination.
    Basketball.

Thread Information