We've BEEN saying this.

Gentry finally listens.

...unleash the Hustle...

win's'll come...
    Basketball.

The Franchise

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What a game by Kenny H
    Absolutely no disrespect to you, mate, but what you just saw is typical 'Kenny Hustle'. He does all those little things that don't show up statistically in a box score, but that are imperative for a team to win. I've said it before and I'll say it again...he's got the best Basketball IQ on this team. It would take something special for me to trade him away, if I had anything to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Absolutely no disrespect to you, mate, but what you just saw is typical 'Kenny Hustle'. He does all those little things that don't show up statistically in a box score, but that are imperative for a team to win. I've said it before and I'll say it again...he's got the best Basketball IQ on this team. It would take something special for me to trade him away, if I had anything to say about it.
    This.
    Especially on that contract.
    If he gets to 35% on 3pt then he will be a steal.

Basketball Guru
    poor man dennis rodman that the staff don't appreciate...

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    As well as hitting the open threes he often misses

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    He’s good. Start him at SF. We need rebounds, defense, bbiq, a guy who HUSTLES. He’s a great passer and has potential to be a 3 and D guy if he improves his lateral quickness just a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I like about Kenny Hustle more than anything else is how much he demonstrates the supremacy of IQ and feel.

Kenny isn't massively tall, he's not massively long. He's not super quick, and he's not a nuclear athlete. He isn't weak, but he's not in that upper tier of super strong players either. There's nothing superlative about him in terms of build or frame.

He doesn't have an Iverson-level handle. He doesn't shoot the lights out every night. He doesn't have in-built genius court-vision that you just can't teach, like Lebron or Jokic have.

But he knows what's happening, he pays attention, he reads plays well, he keeps his head up and his eyes open and he actually executes what he sees. And that results in a guy who, despite having nothing other-worldly in terms of natural gifts, can be put on the court with basically any line up and immediately improve them. He's a guy who wins games. In a league with so many supernatural athletes who just don't know or don't care, it's always great when you find guys who are totally average NBA players in terms of physical ability, but who just know what they're doing.

Being new to the team (apart from the former Lakers and Zion, which I was very familiar with) , all I really had to go on were stats to get to know the guys, and Kenny's stats really didn't do justice to what the kid can do.

Nice to know we have more depth at the 3 & 4 position, especially since Melli doesn't look like he is working out. And that gives us more options at the 2 since Hart won't need to be forced to play the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Being new to the team (apart from the former Lakers and Zion, which I was very familiar with) , all I really had to go on were stats to get to know the guys, and Kenny's stats really didn't do justice to what the kid can do.

Nice to know we have more depth at the 3 & 4 position, especially since Melli doesn't look like he is working out. And that gives us more options at the 2 since Hart won't need to be forced to play the 3.
    Half of the game threads last season, particularly after AD's trade request when he started getting more run, just turned into Kenrich Williams Fan Threads

Most of us Pels fans love him so much, it's awesome. Glad to see him getting more exposure. He's one of the few players in the NBA today who can put up a statline of like, 3/4/2/2/1 and still have been completely worth giving 35 minutes. He does so much right.

Just figured I might as well post this in here because I checked Kenny Hustle's out of curiosity.

Current New Orleans Pelicans On/Off Stats:

Kenrich Williams: +23.7
    Lonzo Ball: -0.6
    Jrue Holiday: -13.9 [by far his career worst, he's never had a negative before ever, look for this to improve dramatically]
    Brandon Ingram: -16.9 [also by far a career worst, will also almost certainly improve]
    Derrick Favors: -8.7 [career worst]
    JJ Redick: -14.9 [career worst by far]
    Josh Hart: -1.1
    Jaxson Hayes: +10.3
    Frank Jackson: +11.9
    Nickeil A.W.: +13

What does that tell us? Pretty simple: starters have been really pants so far overall (not necessarily in terms of individual performance, but more 'how they've performed as a group') and the bench has been much better. This tracks pretty much with what we've seen so far this season: starters start, get us in a hole, bench unit digs us out but it's not quite enough, narrow loss.

But yeah, that's Kenny Hustle with a HUGE lead for the team's best On/Off rating so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just figured I might as well post this in here because I checked Kenny Hustle's out of curiosity.

Current New Orleans Pelicans On/Off Stats:

Kenrich Williams: +23.7
    Lonzo Ball: -0.6
    Jrue Holiday: -13.9 [by far his career worst, he's never had a negative before ever, look for this to improve dramatically]
    Brandon Ingram: -16.9 [also by far a career worst, will also almost certainly improve]
    Derrick Favors: -8.7 [career worst]
    JJ Redick: -14.9 [career worst by far]
    Josh Hart: -1.1
    Jaxson Hayes: +10.3
    Frank Jackson: +11.9
    Nickeil A.W.: +13

What does that tell us? Pretty simple: starters have been really pants so far overall (not necessarily in terms of individual performance, but more 'how they've performed as a group') and the bench has been much better. This tracks pretty much with what we've seen so far this season: starters start, get us in a hole, bench unit digs us out but it's not quite enough, narrow loss.

But yeah, that's Kenny Hustle with a HUGE lead for the team's best On/Off rating so far.
    It tells me that if Favors and Jrue hadn’t started the season so slow, we’d probably have a winning record. Interesting to see Nicky being second on the list. I think he does make the team better even when his shot isn’t falling. Hustle just might be the glue guy that Pondexter was in his season with us

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It tells me that if Favors and Jrue hadn’t started the season so slow, we’d probably have a winning record. Interesting to see Nicky being second on the list. I think he does make the team better even when his shot isn’t falling. Hustle just might be the glue guy that Pondexter was in his season with us
    Yeah if Favors had been healthy and Jrue had been in midseason form, I don't know if we'd have a winning record necessarily, but I could easily see us at 4-5 or something instead of 2-7.

NAW has so much ability. He just needs time to adjust to the NBA game and get into his rhythm. His last few games have already shown huge improvement from his first three games or so.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Kenny Hustle is legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went back and read scouting reports on Williams coming out of TCU last year. Several projected him as a possible “small ball” PF in the mold of a P J Tucker (who we’ll face tomorrow as a starter for the Rockets). Noted that he played bigger than his size (6’7”) and was a terrific rebounder in college with a high all-around basketball IQ.

Not hard to see him filling some of the same roles on the floor that Zion would, albeit without the same strength and all-world athleticism. But playing KW at PF would allow the team to approximate the offense and defensive systems they would use with the 6’6” Zion at PF. At any rate it seems to be our best option...

Time to start talking about what his next contract will be?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Time to start talking about what his next contract will be?
    Not huge.

At disappointing as it is for a lot of good players, 'impact' doesn't get your as many dollars as gaudy box score stats do. Average 20 points and make $25m even if you're a mediocre player, but average 7 points a game and make your team better in every way, and you're lucky to get into double digits per year.

That said, Kenrich is a free agent next year. It's a bad free agency class, and most teams don't have much money. So hopefully we'll be able to resign Kenrich to something pretty team friendly. Wouldn't want to speculate specific numbers.

KENNY HUSTLE

Pay the man!

Thread Information