Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: October 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 0-2

The Franchise
    These are the games we need Jrue in to help close..

Harden gets the softest calls in the league

put melli in they have nothing but guards out there but of course not we have to play to the other teams strength

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

that's why these regs never make the playoffs bc they that idiot every call

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Literally could not ball a better play there. Wide open look for Redick. Just didn't hit the shot.

I'd give this shot to Hart

Glad the Refs didn't bail out that flopping ..........
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Give the shot to Hart

The Franchise
    Why didn't Zo foul Westbrook earlier???

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean...are people about to complain about this loss too?

Great game just some tough bounces that didn’t go our way. Could easily be a 3-0 team. Nobody to blame tonight that’s for sure.

so sick of this harden can be sneezed on and he gets 10 fts our team has to be murdered on the court bc ya know Gordon and rivers are the best defenders in the league

Wow! Another tough and frustrating loss

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I mean...are people about to complain about this loss too?
    No real reason to like the end of game blunders and missed shots in the last two games. Just a tough loss that came down to the wire. Entire time played their hearts out and stayed competitive with Houston the entire way.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    No real reason to like the last games. Just a tough loss that came down to the wire. Entire time played their hearts out and stayed competitive with Houston the entire way.
    sorry but literally the difference in these games are the refs deciding not to call fouls for us but call the softest shot for the other team

If we can play like this while adding in Zion and Jrue we are a championship team. I think in 2 years these young studs develop the consistency to perform nightly like tonight and we are one of the toughest teams in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    sorry but literally the difference in these games are the refs deciding not to call fouls for us but call the softest shot for the other team

The refs definitely made sure Houston came out on top with all those BS foul calls for Harden. There shouldn’t be any complaints about the team’s play though. Everyone played great and did their job

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    If we can play like this while adding in Zion and Jrue we are a championship team. I think in 2 years these young studs develop the consistency to perform nightly like tonight and we are one of the toughest teams in the NBA.
    Was really encouraged by what I saw, and have seen. This team can compete with anyone when healthy..

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    The refs definitely made sure Houston came out on top with all those BS foul calls for Harden. There shouldn’t be any complaints about the team’s play though. Everyone played great and did their job
    they did I mean what are they supposed to do when they can't even touch one of the players? I mean if this is how the league is every player should act like they were just shot like harden if they want fts

Outside of Gentry flubbing rotations the first 2 games, this slow start all attributable to Jrue Holiday the missing man. And literally missing tonight.

All silly questions about Brandon Ingram should go away now. Get working on that contract NOW if he wants to be here.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Outside of Gentry flubbing rotations the first 2 games, this slow start all attributable to Jrue Holiday the missing man. And literally missing tonight.

All silly questions about Brandon Ingram should go away now. Get working on that contract NOW if he wants to be here.
    It's why I said all the ridiculous commentary on him will dissipate when the season starts.

And the defense needs to tighten up. I suppose it will around December.

I also see them winning the next 3. God I hope they do.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Ingram is the guy that this offense runs through.

We had a lot of wide open looks from everyone else that were just straight up bricks. JJ missed a few that he normally nails with ease.

This is a painful experimentation period, and I keep having to remind myself not to get to upset over these losses.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And the defense needs to tighten up. I suppose it will around December.

I also see them winning the next 3. God I hope they do.
    the D actually played good we just got soft calls bc of harden

I’m shocked Williams played 30 minutes, and only 1-4 shooting in that many minutes. That’s minutes and unplayed scoring opportunities that should’ve went to Melli and Jackson, half of Williams pt potentially going to both of them evenly. That’s the close scoring difference on paper, but I’m sure Williams stayed on the floor a while to D up Houston’s stars.

Other than that, I feel really good about this L. I love the outputs from our young core Ingram, Ball, and Hart. Those 3 scored a combined 76 points. Had they performed like that against any other team that doesn’t have players that flop for foul calls all game, the Pels win easily

Thread Information