.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 357

Thread: Zion injury update?! {edited" Torn meniscus - out 6-8 weeks}

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Mickey Loomis been doing the “it’s day to day”thing for years . He Has not alienated anyone yet. Griffin just following same path. Only give necessary info.
    You mean the guy who is no longer allowed to be involved with the Pelicans? Perfect example

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    You mean the guy who is no longer allowed to be involved with the Pelicans? Perfect example
    Took a backseat. Dennis and the rest of them still are there .

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by RhythmNathan View Post
    Not severe and we don’t know how long at least a few weeks don’t belong in the same sentence. They wouldn’t let anyone take pictures of him leaving the facility and now have clearly been instructed to be ambiguous about it so they can continue to sell tickets. This is horrible horrible news. I can feel it. We are screwed at PF and now Gentry is actually seriously considering this small ball bs so JJ doesn’t complain. He’s going to get Ingram killed. Just start Kenny Hustle and take the losses. I’ll be back in a week to admit we should have taken Morant..
    Jesus dude.

    I also heard its the same knee from the exploding shoe. So probably just a flare up from that.

    Not him being too big or out of shape. Or whatever other silliness floating around.

  4. #154

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    This is the ultimate click baiting topic to be fair. Good opportunity to make that cheddar

  6. #156
    Here's the truth of the matter. If it was a sprained knee or something like that, they'd have just announced it as that and it'd have been a couple weeks and done.

    The only reason to be vague is to try and control the narrative and protect Zion from talk. They clearly had to weigh their options about making it known or not and have so far chosen not to.

    Does that mean it's some severe injury? No. But it does mean it's something that they'd rather the public not know about due to fears of an over reaction.

    The Pels are playing a knife edge game of trying to protect Zion since he's so scrutinized and also trying to capitalize on that same media.

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Here's the truth of the matter. If it was a sprained knee or something like that, they'd have just announced it as that and it'd have been a couple weeks and done.

    The only reason to be vague is to try and control the narrative and protect Zion from talk. They clearly had to weigh their options about making it known or not and have so far chosen not to.

    Does that mean it's some severe injury? No. But it does mean it's something that they'd rather the public not know about due to fears of an over reaction.

    The Pels are playing a knife edge game of trying to protect Zion since he's so scrutinized and also trying to capitalize on that same media.
    Truth is absolute. What you just laid out is a bunch of semi educated speculation. So while it is possible it is not the "truth of the matter"

    It is just another guy with no direct knowledge opinion of what might be the situation. Which is what I am told "message boards are for"

    So, carry on
    @mcnamara247

  8. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post


    Woj: ''It's not severe, no one is worried, but he'll miss a few weeks.''

    Ledlow: ''No one knows if it's severe, but he could be fine for opening night.''


    WHO TO BELIEVE?!?!?!
    Woj is the greatest basketball insider in the history of the game. Ledlow is someone with a job because she looks smoking hot.

    Your question shouldn’t be that hard to answer.

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Woj is the greatest basketball insider in the history of the game. Ledlow is someone with a job because she looks smoking hot.

    Your question shouldn’t be that hard to answer.
    Unfortunately, I can't trust your opinion. Kristen Ledlow is not smoking hot, and therefore your takes are suspect.

    More seriously, I doubt that Ledlow is the 'source' for the report she gave. It's more likely that the source came from someone else and she was simply reporting it, and I'm (generously) assuming that the people feeding her legitimate claims of fact aren't just making them up, and that their claim actually comes from somewhere.

    And of course, I trust Woj as much as I trust any basketball insider. So I assume that he got his claims from a source as well. The question is, in this case, why the contradiction? Just a miscommunication, or purposefully muddying waters?
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 10-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

    Tyrese Maxey/Isaac Okoro/Oscar Tshiebwe endorser.

  10. #160
    She clearly stated that she asked the team and that was their response. She did not mention who though.

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Truth is absolute. What you just laid out is a bunch of semi educated speculation. So while it is possible it is not the "truth of the matter"

    It is just another guy with no direct knowledge opinion of what might be the situation. Which is what I am told "message boards are for"

    So, carry on
    First, I was using the phrase "truth of the matter" as a figure of speech, which is quite common. If I knew exactly what was going on, I would have said "This is what happened." The fact people DON'T KNOW is exactly my point about what the truth is in this case. I also disagree that truth is absolute. Absolute truth is absolute but in conversation I believe there are multiple truths, this however is beyond the scope of this forum nor do I have any interest whatsoever in continuing the conversation with you here or anywhere else.

    Now you can try and strawman my over one hundred word post based off of 4 words in it but this leads me to

    Second, Didn't you create your own board so you didn't have to slum it here with the average people? If your entire stance is people that aren't invited to it aren't worth your time then stop engaging outside of your own bubble you've created. Certainly do so if you're only reason for posting is to argue about semantics instead of actually talking about the Pelicans.

    Third, I nor anyone else needs your permission to carry on. Go do that on your own forum.

    -----------------------------------

    Now. As far as Zion's injury goes, whether the Pelicans like it or not their silence has allowed fans to build their own "truth" on the matter. I believe this to be by choice on the Pelicans part because they weighed their options of either making the injury known or not and have so far chosen not to.

    I don't believe that means Zion has some super serious injury but it DOES raise concerns because after Griffin has been so extremely transparent so far in his job this stands out as a stark contrast to how he has operated.

    We also cannot say that this is how Griffin has handled injuries because when Zion banged his knee in summer league, he was very quick to go out into the media and say exactly what happened and what he was doing. This is different from how he handled that and this is what has some people concerned and I think rightly so. I don't blame fans for the precedent Griffin has established so far, especially not after the fans have made it clear they want transparency compared to how the previous regime was ran.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-20-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  12. #162
    the truth of the matter is to introduce a fact which supports what you are saying or which is not widely known, for example because it is a secret.

    It is not a substitute for "in my opinion"

    Look, I know how this will go. You will shift some phrasing to try and defend your first post and we will go back and forth debating something until it is no longer what the original disagreement was. Thats not worth my time.

    My overall point is that words matter, even on a message board. Sports analysts use hyperbole non stop, they use phrases that dont apply, and it trickles down to fans who use them in convos, on Twitter, and message boards.

    Language matters and clarity should always be goal #1. Neither you or I know the "truth of the matter" on this issue. So, when we state an opinion, we should make it clear that it is an opinion. Now, if you wanna REALLY surprise me, type, "Yeah, I was wrong. Not the correct phrase to use"

    That would blow me away if someone had the ability to type that on a message board in 2019.

  13. #163
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Now. As far as Zion's injury goes, whether the Pelicans like it or not their silence has allowed fans to build their own "truth" on the matter. I believe this to be by choice on the Pelicans part because they weighed their options of either making the injury known or not and have so far chosen not to.

    I don't believe that means Zion has some super serious injury but it DOES raise concerns because after Griffin has been so extremely transparent so far in his job this stands out as a stark contrast to how he has operated.
    This is what really concerns us and Mythrol put it here eloquently enough. I find silence of the Pelicans office on this issue shortsighted and disturbing for it created great deal of unnecessary and divisive speculation. Why it is so difficult to give us and the media day-by-day updates I have no slightest idea. I'd prefer transparency and harsh truth and believe everybody would.

  14. #164

  15. #165
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Balakhonov View Post
    This is what really concerns us and Mythrol put it here eloquently enough. I find silence of the Pelicans office on this issue shortsighted and disturbing for it created great deal of unnecessary and divisive speculation. Why it is so difficult to give us and the media day-by-day updates I have no slightest idea. I'd prefer transparency and harsh truth and believe everybody would.
    The truth of the matter is, the Pelicans don’t actually owe the public anything. Not their fault fans and media pundits will speculate and let rumors run rampant, rather than do the logical move of just waiting.

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Woj is the greatest basketball insider in the history of the game. Ledlow is someone with a job because she looks smoking hot.

    Your question shouldn’t be that hard to answer.
    Ledlow is one of the better reporters. If you follow her on social media you would know she has lots of basketball knowledge.

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The truth of the matter is, the Pelicans don’t actually owe the public anything. Not their fault fans and media pundits will speculate and let rumors run rampant, rather than do the logical move of just waiting.
    That is just it. Griff only give the necessary info. Much like Loomis with the Saints.

  18. #168
    The Loomis and Saints comparison is extremely relevant. He may have been placed elsewhere but the overall mentality of the regime and ownership will be the same.

  19. #169
    I mean really this thread should be locked until relevant info comes out so it won't be flooded with crap

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  20. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The truth of the matter is, the Pelicans don’t actually owe the public anything. Not their fault fans and media pundits will speculate and let rumors run rampant, rather than do the logical move of just waiting.
    Well they do owe their fans. Especially season ticket holders. Let's get that straight. Just not at the expense of strategy if they are trying to play games with Toronto for opening night.

  21. #171
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,772
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well they do owe their fans. Especially season ticket holders. Let's get that straight. Just not at the expense of strategy if they are trying to play games with Toronto for opening night.
    I disagree. Fans pay to watch the team for their own reasons. The Pelicans are under no obligation to do anything but hold the games they paid to see. Any outcome or specifics contained aren't party to any thing.

    I'm being very literal. The spirit of things is to operate in good faith and be open and honest with loyal fans. But...


    Allaying our concerns and worries aren't their responsibility. They just aren't.

  22. #172
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    137
    this is killing me..surely more news to come out soon?

  23. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I disagree. Fans pay to watch the team for their own reasons. The Pelicans are under no obligation to do anything but hold the games they paid to see. Any outcome or specifics contained aren't party to any thing.

    I'm being very literal. The spirit of things is to operate in good faith and be open and honest with loyal fans. But...


    Allaying our concerns and worries aren't their responsibility. They just aren't.
    Well I FULLY and TOTALLY disagree. Fans have a right to know who is and isnt playing and why. Whats being done with injured players. The only limitations are if releasing that information strategically will affect the game. Other than that, transparency is a must. And obviously I'm talking about more than just injuries now.

    In other words, much more than just showing up on game night with whoever the team is going to throw out there. Thats just a terrible way to operate. What do you think all these slogans and even the team name is all about? You want to connect with your fanbase and stay connected.

    Literally. Nobody with the Pelicans has a job without the folks doling out the money to see them.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-20-2019 at 09:23 PM.

  24. #174
    Not for nothing but did anyone else hear Josh Lloyd say on today’s podcast of Locked on Fantasy basketball that “it’s yet to be confirmed but he’s hearing it’s a torn meniscus”

  25. #175
    The situation is definitely getting bizarre. I get that Gentry was uncomfortable answering questions on Friday. But he looked just as uncomfortable and uneasy talking about Zion from today’s interview. Whatever Griffin is imposing on the team, it’s makes these interviews cringeworthy.

    I think Lonzo has given us the most info regarding the situation. Saying things like he’s not out for the season and confirming he’s out a couple of games lead me to believe that they absolutely know what’s going on but do not want to release the extent of the injury for whatever reason.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •