Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: October 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 1-0

Ingram drove.

AND WENT TO THE BASKET!!!!
    YES!
    Basketball.

Zion just goes up and people bounce off him.

you're calling that bump on the other end call it for zion

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zion is unreal near the basket.

Ingram needs to get a motivational speech in the half time or something. He gets the ball right now and he is just NOT allowing a pass. Will not give it up.

Dreadful gamble from Ingram there. He ran over half court, completely gave up the wide open shot. Lucky it was missed.

exactly levine isn't hitting 3s that consistently lol

ALERT: INGRAM PASSED.

EDIT: HE DID IT TWICE. ONLY TOOK HIM THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF, BUT HE'S DOING IT.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zion is leaving his man a bit too recklessly.

so zion barely touching someone is a foul but they can all pumble his ****** lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Zion is leaving his man a bit too recklessly.
    He's overhelping, but it's inconsistent as a problem. He's doing it sometimes and not others. Gonna take him a while to know when to commit to the help and when to just stay still.

Offensive board and FTs for Zion.

11/20 from 3 point Line - Jesus Christ

how wasn't that a jump ball wth lol

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    11/20 from 3 point Line - Jesus Christ
    okay? and their hitting hard contested 3s lol this should be a blow out it isn't

End of the first half. We're down 13.

Some mixed things.

We aren't rebounding the way we should. Zion only has 3, which isn't too bad but isn't great. Ingram, Moore, Okafor, and Jackson all have 0. For guys who have gotten 5+ minutes (9+ in the case of Moore) that's not great.

Ingram had his best two minutes of the game in those final two minutes: he spent his first 12 minutes of on-court time playing like garbage on offense. Way too many reckless drives into traffic, looked like he had never heard of the idea of passing. Hopefully he's out of that funk and will play like he did last game in the second half.

Defense has been come and go. That's true for pretty much everyone. Ingram had a few good moments, particularly on the baseline, and had other moments where he was terrible. Zion had a bunch of great rotations and help, and also multiple plays where he overcommitted on help and just walked away from his man without getting a switch or anything. That's to be expected in pre-season, defense is one of the things that takes longest to click.

Hopefully we come out in the second half with all of that noted, understood, and with everyone ready to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    okay? and their hitting hard contested 3s lol this should be a blow out it isn't

Some of them have been contested, some have not at all. Zion leaving Thad Young wide open on one didn't help, and Moore totally failing to rotate to Porter on another, are two examples I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Some of them have been contested, some have not at all. Zion leaving Thad Young wide open on one didn't help, and Moore totally failing to rotate to Porter on another, are two examples I can think of.
    zion I get Moore come on I like him and he gets hot but not enough to keep him here if naw is on the floor instead of Moore different game but again they're hitting 3s that normally they don't hit lol like levine you leave him open bc he's ******** lol

My favourite thing is the Pelicans posting the box score so far on twitter and a lot of apparent Lakers fans coming out like ''Yeah, Brandon, prove the haters wrong!!!!!'' cause he has 9 points. It's like... have you watched the game? He's been awful so far.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 10-09-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    zion I get Moore come on I like him and he gets hot but not enough to keep him here if naw is on the floor instead of Moore different game but again they're hitting 3s that normally they don't hit lol like levine you leave him open bc he's ******** lol

I agree that we should play NAW over Moore, but nah you don't leave Lavine open. He's a career 37% three point shooter and he takes 5+ a night.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    My favourite thing is the Pelicans posting the box score so far on twitter and tons of Lakers fans coming out like ''Yeah, Brandon, prove the haters wrong!!!!!'' cause he has 9 points. It's like... have you watched the game? He's been awful so far.
    Well I mean he does have a lot of haters.. He hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination.. I wouldn't say he's been awful either.

We are still poo in the half court. All in all, things aren’t too bad. Ingram has been a little selfish and we have missed a ton of open shots. Better to happen in preseason than the regular season. Some good moments early defensively.

Edit: Zion has been incredible btw
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 10-09-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Well I mean he does have a lot of haters.. He hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination.. I wouldn't say he's been awful either.
    I just think his decision making hasn’t been up to par. That is to be expected in preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He improved over the final two minutes or so of the half, but he started off the game 1 of 5 from the floor, had no rebounds, turned down multiple wide open obvious passes in favour of trying to shoot contested midrangers over 7 foot defenders, while simultaneously gambling too much on defense and getting blown by.

He was by far the worst starter in the first half.

He can still bring it back, like he did in game 1 where he started off really poorly and then was very good in the third quarter, but yeah he's been pretty awful so far tonight. I don't think he actually made a pass after a dribble until he'd played 12 minutes already. Once that ball hit the floor, he was taking a shot.

Thread Information