.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: New Coaching Staff Incoming...?

  1. #1

    New Coaching Staff Incoming...?



    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

  2. #2
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    That has been speculated since Erman left or was dismissed.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That has been speculated since Erman left or was dismissed.
    Yep, but since the Bzdelik rumours were just that (rumours) and were also buried in the thread about Erman leaving, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to have an actual thread about the confirmed offer of a job to Bzdelik.

    Of course, that's a subjective thing, maybe nobody else finds it interesting or useful to have a separate thread for this in particular, that's cool too.

  4. #4
    Is that the guy that was suppose to help Houston on D?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    Is that the guy that was suppose to help Houston on D?
    Yep, and by all accounts, he did it. In this three years with Houston, they went from 21st in defense to 6th. Before he was hired, Houston had the league's worst defensive rebounding rate: last year, they were 3rd.

    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/b...bzdelik-harden

    This article covers a lot of the numbers pretty well. Here's an interesting excerpt from it;

    ''Only four teams averaged more deflections per 48 minutes than the Rockets this season; they tied for 12th last season. According to Synergy Sports, the Rockets also jumped from 28th to sixth defending isolation plays, and 18th to second defending dribble handoffs.''

  6. #6
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep, but since the Bzdelik rumours were just that (rumours) and were also buried in the thread about Erman leaving, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to have an actual thread about the confirmed offer of a job to Bzdelik.

    Of course, that's a subjective thing, maybe nobody else finds it interesting or useful to have a separate thread for this in particular, that's cool too.
    I think that is fine.

  7. #7


    Looks like it might well be happening!

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer GameBreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Nashville via Northshore
    Posts
    640
    A couple of questions about Bzdelik:

    1. Why did Houston part ways with him?

    2. How the heck do you pronounce his name?
    Last edited by GameBreaker; 07-08-2019 at 06:51 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    A couple of questions about Bzdelik:

    1. Why did Houston part ways with him?

    2. How the heck do you pronounce his name?
    He retired last year... and they beg for him to come back. Rockets new ownership is kind of weird.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    A couple of questions about Bzdelik:

    1. Why did Houston part ways with him?

    2. How the heck do you pronounce his name?
    1. He initially retired. They convinced him to come back for another year, but he was apparently not very interested in staying with Houston. The official reason for him being let go has not been announced, but it's probably to do with that.

    2. Bzz (like the noise a bee makes) delik. Bzdelik

  11. #11
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    997
    Has Bzdelik already signed a contract with us?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Has Bzdelik already signed a contract with us?
    Haven't heard anything yet.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    Is that the guy that was suppose to help Houston on D?
    This game s a good hire! Heavenly praised by the NBA’s toughest critic,

    Pat Riley knows on no better qualified defensive coaching talent. Riley said, “I can’t think of a man in the NBA that has more experience, more knowledge, more wisdom about how to defend in the contemporary game today, than Jeff.”

    According to the same Vice article that quoted Riley, ”Only four teams averaged more deflections per 48 minutes than the Rockets this season; they tied for 12th last season. According to Synergy Sports, the Rockets also jumped from 28th to sixth defending isolation plays, and 18th to second defending dribble h

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Any official confirmation? This article is just another proof of our interest.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Any official confirmation? This article is just another proof of our interest.
    Stein has confirmed it. He is as reliable as they get.

  17. #17
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Stein has confirmed it. He is as reliable as they get.
    I hope You are right . Thx.

  18. #18
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Stein has confirmed it. He is as reliable as they get.
    But he has not confirmed it yet. The article references his tweet that we have offered it to him. Hopefully we will get official confirmation soon.

  19. #19
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,418
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But he has not confirmed it yet. The article references his tweet that we have offered it to him. Hopefully we will get official confirmation soon.
    Nothing can be confirmed as his contract with Houston doesnt end until the end of August. Expect an announcement around labor day. Apparently he turned down offers from Lakers, Grizzlies and Bulls.

    Read this on another forum.

  20. #20
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Nothing can be confirmed as his contract with Houston doesnt end until the end of August. Expect an announcement around labor day. Apparently he turned down offers from Lakers, Grizzlies and Bulls.

    Read this on another forum.
    Found article suggesting this-

    https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/2...ll-weeklyx201d

  21. #21
    So is it safe to say he agreed in principle, and he's just letting his contract run out?

  22. #22
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    Gentry has now allowed 3 staff members to leave since last season - Erman, Penberthy and Hanson (and brought back McMillan).

  23. #23
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    997
    Do we have any confirmation of Bzdelik's employment?

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Do we have any confirmation of Bzdelik's employment?
    Not that I've seen. You've got to hope that it would be confirmed soon, or that they would have somebody else lined up, because it's getting awfully late now.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not that I've seen. You've got to hope that it would be confirmed soon, or that they would have somebody else lined up, because it's getting awfully late now.
    Possibly a Reddick situation. No hurry to go out of the way to sign. He's an old head. So, we probably just get around to it when convenient
    .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •