Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Faces: Trades Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Finally! Will Hayes, NAW and Silva play in Monday game?

It's officially: Hayes, NAW, and Didi will ALL play on Monday!
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

It's officially: Hayes, NAW, and Didi will ALL play on Monday!
    The summer league has just become interesting again. Thanks for the info Pelicanidae.

Who was release from the summer league roster to make room for the 3 players?

Here we go!

Unfortunately, the Pels are not streaming this presser, to my knowledge, so I can't provide a link to that, or transcribe it.

Josh Hart is quickly becoming one of the coolest personalities in recent Pelicans history

Josh Hart is quickly becoming one of the coolest personalities in recent Pelicans history
    may already be that lol honestly I just love how he's been all in since it happened really really cool

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

basically Said by ever creep stalker ever... lol

NAW IS WEARING 0. BOOGIE HAS BEEN REPLACED.

Hayes with 10, and Didi with 19. All fairly low numbers, kinda cool.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    How can I watch the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

If you have the NBA app, or visit the NBA website, Summer League games are streaming for free if you're trying to watch them live. No idea how you'd watch it back later.

They finally uploaded the press conference for Hayes, Didi, and NAW! I'll transcribe a couple of the key quotes and moments here for people who don't wanna watch the entire 18 minutes.

Langdon introducing Hayes: ''If any of you guys got a chance to watch University of Texas like we did, you got to see Jaxson's development through this year and I think with Coach Gentry and his style of play, he's going to fit in very well, being able to change ends of the floor very quickly. I think as quickly as any big in the league can do, already. But his ability to impact the game on both ends of the floor, around the rim, putting pressure on defenses and also protecting the rim on the other end is very intriguing. Is going to be a great fit for us.''

Langdon introducing N.A.W: ''He probably has no idea how much I've watched him over the past two years, but I've really enjoyed his defensive presence on the floor and his ability to do that night in and night out. I have a tremendous amount of respect for his consistency, and doing that, and in a tough ACC conference where he's going against very good players, he's the one who's actually chosen to pick up and defend the best perimeter players, that's something we're really intrigued by. And on the other end, his versatility on offense to stick shots, whether it's coming off actions or spotting up, and this year when Justin Robinson, their point guard, went down, his ability to fill in seamlessly and play some point guard, getting guys involved whether it was pick and roll play or transition, so you know he's a guy that was really intriguing for us in the draft process.''

Langdon on Didi Louzada: ''We have to give a lot of credit to our international scouting group who identified him early this past season, and we were able to track him live and also with some video scouts and even more so later in the year at the Hoop Summit in April we were allowed to see him live every day for three or four days in practice and ultimately in the Hoop Summit game and see him his approach every day. We thought he was a great fit for our organisation going forward.''

Langdon was asked whether the Pels made the trade with Atlanta as a bid for ''surplus value''. He said: ''I think Atlanta approached us with a good deal, and I think these guys were targets of ours in the draft process and we felt that with picks in that range, we could really get to those guys. We were fortunate that it worked out in that capacity, because they were guys that, not only from a basketball standpoint but from character and personality we thought would be great fits for the Pelicans organisation moving forward. We felt that, you know, having three guys like this as opposed to obviously one good player at number four, we were very intrigued by that proposition and we're very happy with how it turned out.''

Asked ''What are you guys going to focus on through the offseason to get ready for the fall and training camp'':

NAW's answer: Conditioning. It's a faster game, and you wanna be in shape, be able to run, play up and down at a good pace. As far as just getting with a coach and trying to just understand the game more. At the end of the day, it's just basketball, which I've been doing my entire life so it's just continuing to work on the things I need to work on but at the same time getting with the coach and understanding the game so that I can play and know what I'm doing out there.''

Jaxson's answer:
    One of the things I'm going to work on is mainly getting back into the rhythm of a game. I haven't played a game since March, so just kinda getting that flow back, that's really the main thing I'm going to be working on.

Didi's answer: [Interpreter's answer] ''He thinks he needs to work on his readings and his passing, which is something that isn't to his satisfaction yet, and to work on rebounding and doing more fundamental stuff. Just normal basketball stuff.''

Malika asked what would a successful summer league look like to these guys?

Jaxson's Answer: ''A successful Summer League would be winning the championship. That's always what you wanna say success is, is winning it all. You're the champions, so, I'd say that's success for us.'' [He got asked if not winning means it's not successful then?] ''I mean it's not, not successful, if we grow as a team and figure out how our chemistry is, then that's also success, but the goal is always to win a championship.''

NAW's Answer: ''Just to touch on what he [Jaxson] was saying, you always wanna win. Everyone plays at this level, to win. Everyone knows that if you wanna be great, you've gotta win, but it's not the end-all, be-all, we know that there's a bigger picture to it and that Summer League is a great way to get introduced into the NBA and prepare ourselves for what's ahead. I think that if we win every game and we learn how to play together, then that's a win, but if we lose every game and still learn, then we're growing and going in the right direction. I think eventually, it'll start to crescendo in the right way.''

Didi's Answer: ''He thinks there's still a lot of work, but if we stay competitive and work with each other and play together then we can make it to the finals.''

Asked what Didi thinks about his opportunity to play in Australia, Didi replied: ''He's very happy about this opportunity, he thinks he'll be able to work on his game a lot, and learn English, and hopefully be back in the NBA next year.''

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

I was able to stream the game from the pelicans homepage

Did we just have the best off season of all time or?

Actually, no it was probably the Clips

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Did we just have the best off season of all time or?

Actually, no it was probably the Clips
    Depends on your criteria for best. Clips had a fantastic off-season, for sure though.

Some would argue that the Celtics did back when they assembled their big 3 in one summer, making the single largest win-total jump in one season ever.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I guess this thread is as good as anyplace to post this, so here goes.... I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Nikolo Melli just might be a huge wildcard... he seems to be flying under the radar, and rightfully so, but if he translates like I think he might, we just might be looking at a more athletic Mirotic....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 07-10-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I guess this thread is as good as anyplace to post this, so here goes.... I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Nikolo Melli just might be a huge wildcard... he seems to be flying under the radar, and rightfully so, but if he translates like I think he might, we just might be looking at a more athletic Mirotic....
    Niko > Niko

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Niko > Niko
    So wrong.

Niko < Niko
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Two questions I’ve been busy the last couple days .

When is the next summer league game ?

Is there going to be a presser for Ball Ingram Hart and Favors ??

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Two questions I’ve been busy the last couple days .

When is the next summer league game ?

Is there going to be a presser for Ball Ingram Hart and Favors ??

Next game is tonight 7/10 at 4:30 PST.

No word yet on a presser. Doubt there will be one anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Next game is tonight 7/10 at 4:30 PST.

No word yet on a presser. Doubt there will be one anytime soon.
    Thanks appreciate it

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Don't know if it's been said on the board yet, if so I apologise. The introductory press conference for traded players and free agents will be Tuesday according to John Hart's podcast

Thread Information