Pelicans Report

Thread: Zions DaD at Pelicans Press Conference

Pelicans Zions DaD at Pelicans Press Conference

Maybe this has already been posted and I missed it as I have been busy lately but man is this awesome! Worth a second post anyway for people that might not have seen it like me the first time around. The respect and love Zion shows for his “step” DaD is amazing to see. For his DaD to come out saying he talked with Zion and prayed before the draft that New Orleans was the best spot for him to be is incredible and really means a lot for this organization while shutting the media up. Wether it’s true or not Zion and his family have obviously bought in and embraced this city. He seems like he just wanted to be in the NBA landing in a good spot to grow and the fake news tried to sell it as Knicks or bust for him. Zion reminds me a lot of Giannis with his attitude and doesn’t care about playing for the Lakers or Knicks but just wants to be an NBA player and make his team a winner. Good article below and awesome video of his DaD.

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...c0bfa3c0a.html

It was posted, but it was posted in the ''Zions Introductory Press Conference'' thread, which I think is already back a few pages now, so don't worry about missing it.

I agree that it's a really cool little video. Even if it's not entirely true (maybe he didn't say those things to Zion before the draft, who knows?) it's still a good sign that he's taking it optimistically and is willing to give the city and the franchise a real chance.
    Basketball.

Why you spell DaD

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why you spell DaD
    ''Dungeons and Dad-gons''

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It was posted, but it was posted in the ''Zions Introductory Press Conference'' thread, which I think is already back a few pages now, so don't worry about missing it.

I agree that it's a really cool little video. Even if it's not entirely true (maybe he didn't say those things to Zion before the draft, who knows?) it's still a good sign that he's taking it optimistically and is willing to give the city and the franchise a real chance.
    Zion's dad doesn't seem like the type to lie. My guess is it's 100% true just he left out a detail like, he discussed every lottery team with Zion not just the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Zion's dad doesn't seem like the type to lie. My guess is it's 100% true just he left out a detail like, he discussed every lottery team with Zion not just the Pels.
    Very possibly. Not quite a lie, just an edited version of the truth.

Who knows? Not me.

He could of said nothing.
    The fact that he said something says alot about the family he has and the young man they have raised.

....and very proud they should be.

It makes sense if they thought there was a decent chance a team getting #1 would trade it to New Orleans. In that scenario they absolutely would rather New Orleans to win it outright because then either Zion plays with Jrue and AD or he plays with Jrue and a boatload of assets they'd get for AD.

Thread Information