.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 231

Thread: Pels trying to get Beal with the #4 (Per Shams)

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jrue ain't coming off the bench LOL. They are telling him he and Zion will be the face of the franchise.

    Why would they not make Lonzo come off the bench? Then he won't have any pressure, he can go against easier competition and will actually have a chance to run the offense.

    Jrue and Beal is a great pairing starting.
    I don’t have an issue with Ball coming off the bench. To be clear, I do not see an issue with Jrue coming off the bench but this was never about one player. My point is much of the debate here has been about who will play where as if Ball, Beal, Holiday, or Ingram could not come off the bench. I selected Jrue only because I think he would add significant scoring off the bench. Ball doesn’t really give you this. As for Beal, I think he is better at SG than SF, which is why I did not suggest Ingram as the sixth man. But if it worked out that Ball or Ingram came off the bench, I would not have any objections. I just happen to think that trading for Beal would not be a bad move for us as some have argued.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    I don’t have an issue with Ball coming off the bench. To be clear, I do not see an issue with Jrue coming off the bench but this was never about one player. My point is much of the debate here has been about who will play where as if Ball, Beal, Holiday, or Ingram could not come off the bench. I selected Jrue only because I think he would add significant scoring off the bench. Ball doesn’t really give you this. As for Beal, I think he is better at SG than SF, which is why I did not suggest Ingram as the sixth man. But if it worked out that Ball or Ingram came off the bench, I would not have any objections. I just happen to think that trading for Beal would not be a bad move for us as some have argued.
    We aren't saying it's a bad move. It's good move. It makes us immediately better

    If our goal to win a championship... I don't think it is the right one.If Jrue was like 25 or 24. It would make more sense. By the time we trying to push Beal and Jrue. One of the wheels will already be falling off. It doesn't spread the cap like we want it. Washington probably want the 4th pick and a player as well for Beal. AD set the market for superstar trades. Washington not gonna take a low ball offer for Beal.

  3. #103
    Why did Jrue take all his Pelicans stuff off Twitter ? When did he do that ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Why did Jrue take all his Pelicans stuff off Twitter ? When did he do that ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People do that. His insta still repping Pelicans insta

  5. #105
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    oh, I'm sorry. I forgot where this was a one player sport. Oh wait, it's not. We don't have a center or suitable depth at power forward. We are overloaded at guards. We have Ingram being almost in Bust territory starting at SF. We already have $25 million committed in a 29 year combo guard and your solution is to get another 25 year combo guard at 25 million with swapping expiring contracts/possibly still taking some back. So, have no shooters, grossly undersized, and half of cap is sunken into combo guards.

    What the hell you trying to build... We go into FA probably capped out for the most part aswell. We go into next year draft with probable needs at center, wing, and big. Then, Jrue starts declining. So, we need to start looking for another guard. Then, we back where we started. It doesn't make any sense.
    LoL!! Canít even figure out where to start so I give up on this one..

  6. #106
    I don’t see that happening unless they would take Jrue & the 4th pick which I would do in a heartbeat. Don’t see them doing Lonzo & the 4th pick either since they have John Wall for quite a few years. Now if they would take the 4th pick and next years 1st, which I might do since the 4th pick isn’t really our pick. We could do back to back 1st round trades since only one is actually our pick. We have plenty of 1sts for like 4 years from 2021 to 2025, so I would be willing to get rid of our own next year. Trading 2 firsts for a legitimate All Star is a good move IMO. We would get him for 2 more years and hopefully more if we can keep him here. I think we will be pretty good if we stay healthy, do good in free agency, and Zion wins rookie of the year. I would love to have a better record next year than the Lakers just to stick to AD.

    I wish the Knicks would of taken SGA over Knox last year. I would of taken SGA, Robinson, #3(RJ), the Knicks & Mavs 2021 with the Knicks being top 8 protected for us like our Lakers pick, the Mavs 2023, & possibly swap picks for 2020 & 2023. I would of just taken 2 players, but added a pick with the swapping ones as well. Who knows if they would of made that trade, but they likely don’t have the number 3 pick if they took SGA either lol.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-17-2019 at 09:16 PM.

  7. #107
    Iím going to read too much into social media and say that Jrue is gone. It worked with Ingram. Unless Jrue requested the trade though, I donít really favor moving him for Beal. It feels more like a lateral move than anything. And we may lose the # 4 as well.

    Beal would be a better fit next to Lonzo though

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m going to read too much into social media and say that Jrue is gone. It worked with Ingram. Unless Jrue requested the trade though, I don’t really favor moving him for Beal. It feels more like a lateral move than anything. And we may lose the # 4 as well.

    Beal would be a better fit next to Lonzo though
    I don't think that's true.

    Maybe I'm just being naive, but I don't think Griff would have talked up Jrue as the face of the franchise so much if he was planning on shipping him off at first opportunity.

    Obviously could be wrong, but suffice it to say that if Griff has moved Jrue + #4 for Beal, I will be not very pleased.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think that's true.

    Maybe I'm just being naive, but I don't think Griff would have talked up Jrue as the face of the franchise so much if he was planning on shipping him off at first opportunity.

    Obviously could be wrong, but suffice it to say that if Griff has moved Jrue + #4 for Beal, I will be not very pleased.
    I see us dumping Jrue elsewhere than Washington as they are rebuilding (maybe a multi team deal). Maybe we acquire a decent pick or something for him, but I see this as a lateral move atm. The best argument I can make for Beal is he is younger and can sign another contract without reaching his decline.

    Again, this is me overreacting. It seems weird to go for Beal unless we are moving Holiday or Ball

  10. #110
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    7,541
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m going to read too much into social media and say that Jrue is gone. It worked with Ingram. Unless Jrue requested the trade though, I don’t really favor moving him for Beal. It feels more like a lateral move than anything. And we may lose the # 4 as well.

    Beal would be a better fit next to Lonzo though
    Where is this talk of Jrue being traded coming from? I don’t see why either side would do this. If we make a deal for Beal it’s going to start with Lonzo and the 4th pick. Can’t predict what else will be packaged but I can’t see it being much more then a future 1st with protections on it..

    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I see us dumping Jrue elsewhere than Washington as they are rebuilding (maybe a multi team deal). Maybe we acquire a decent pick or something for him, but I see this as a lateral move atm. The best argument I can make for Beal is he is younger and can sign another contract without reaching his decline.

    Again, this is me overreacting. It seems weird to go for Beal unless we are moving Holiday or Ball
    I could agree with this a little more with Jrue being packaged to another team but not as part of this deal. Say we don’t trade Lonzo and the 4th pick for Beal then we will likely be sending the Wizards an extra future 1st along with the 4th pick and possibly Josh Hart. I could then see Jrue being packaged for some nice assets to another team if we are committed to Ball as our PG and would like to go with a younger option in Beal. Beal also compliments Ball better then Jrue. This would all hinge on us being all in on Ball. I don’t see that happening either but that would be the only way trading Jrue and acquiring Beal would make much sense. Unless this rumor is coming out of the front office it has no credibility or possibility imo. Jrue has been my favorite player for a long time but choosing between Ball/Jrue or Ball/Beal would be a tough one for me.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 06-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  11. #111
    To be faaaaaair. Griffin gave the "Jrue is the face of the franchise" talk before Zion and before the trade. Right? Unless I missed where he said it a second time. I remember that said that VERY early on. So things do change.

    That being said, I don't see Jrue getting traded and I definitely don't see how Ball and Beal means Jrue is out. Jrue and Beal start, then Jrue subs out for Ball, the Ball subs out for Beal. That's an amazing rotation. That's what you want, not what you trade away.

    Even if they trade Ball away and get Beal. You resign Elfrid and do the same rotation. That's a killer.

  12. #112
    seems like to me that our guard position is getting a little crowded...maybe think of investing in another rim protector instead?
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  13. #113
    Anyone agreeing to ship Jrue to anywhere but a contender.

    *Breaks glass*

    We got a problem... If Anthony can be a scumbag about the whole trade situation and get exactly what he wanted. Jrue deserved all that and more. He's excellent player, human being, and leader.

    You asking for bad karma.

    Trading a 29 year prime Jrue to a garbage team is a scumbag move. It's like if John Wick adopted airbud and you killed him.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-17-2019 at 10:04 PM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Anyone agreeing to ship Jrue to anywhere but a contender.

    *Breaks glass*

    We got a problem... If Anthony can be a scumbag about the whole trade situation and get exactly what he wanted. Jrue deserved all that and more. He's excellent player, human being, and leader.

    You asking for bad karma.
    And that's ONLY if Jrue asks out.

    If Jrue wants to stay, he stays. He's our guy. Don't just toss him overboard at the first sign of a shiny new player.

    If Jrue wants to remain a Pelican, then he remains a Pelican. Preferably for the rest of his career.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And that's ONLY if Jrue asks out.

    If Jrue wants to stay, he stays. He's our guy. Don't just toss him overboard at the first sign of a shiny new player.

    If Jrue wants to remain a Pelican, then he remains a Pelican. Preferably for the rest of his career.
    New blood is all well and good but we have to make sure to maintain balance of old and new. You always need a steady hand to help guide the ship.

  16. #116
    Starter HartOfaPelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Iím going to read too much into social media and say that Jrue is gone. It worked with Ingram. Unless Jrue requested the trade though, I donít really favor moving him for Beal. It feels more like a lateral move than anything. And we may lose the # 4 as well.

    Beal would be a better fit next to Lonzo though
    So I looked into this further and reached into the crevasses of my brain for info. Jrue clearly deleted most of his
    pelicans posts. Leaving photos only with his brother or AD up.

    If I remember correctly.... when most players do something like this, more often then not in the NBA a big change is made.

    I canít figure out who would we ship him to... or who we would get. I highly doubt it would be for Beal. I makes zero sense for the Wizards.

    That being said. If they plan on moving Jrue and somehow Hill to clear up more cap room to make moves next season than I understand. Thatís the only thing that makes sense to me.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    That being said. If the plan on moving Jrue mad somehow Hill to clear up more cap room to make moves next season than I understand. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me.
    It makes no sense. WHAT moves next season? It's not like cap space helps, there are no good free agents next year, and if you're talking about trades, then it makes more sense to keep Hill as salary, because as an expiring he'd be an asset at that point to teams looking to offload cash!

    There is no universe where trading Jrue makes sense unless you want to go into absolute scorched earth territory and acquire even more rebuilding assets, which we DO NOT NEED.

    Jrue better be staying.

  18. #118
    Starter HartOfaPelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It makes no sense. WHAT moves next season? It's not like cap space helps, there are no good free agents next year, and if you're talking about trades, then it makes more sense to keep Hill as salary, because as an expiring he'd be an asset at that point to teams looking to offload cash!

    There is no universe where trading Jrue makes sense unless you want to go into absolute scorched earth territory and acquire even more rebuilding assets, which we DO NOT NEED.

    Jrue better be staying.
    There are a few good FA next your. Most not only DeRozen.

    As far as a trade is concerned.... maybe they are thinking about flipping him for a big man. Maybe Capela? Jrue makes sense for the Rockets next year.

    It’s the only thing I could think of right now.

    It does not make sense to me either. I’m just putting it out there if the Pelicans are seriously considering it. Who knows what they are thinking or working on right now.

    Thankfully. Anything big that is going to happen will most likely
    Happen on Thursday. So we won’t have to wait long.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    There are a few good FA next your. Most not only DeRozen.

    As far as a trade is concerned.... maybe they are thinking about flipping him for a big man. Maybe Capela? Jrue makes sense for the Rockets next year.

    It’s the only thing I could think of right now.

    It does not make sense to me either. I’m just putting it out there if the Pelicans are seriously considering it. Who knows what they are thinking or working on right now.
    I don't think the Pels are seriously considering it. This entire thing came out of someone noticing that Jrue doesn't have any Pels posts on his twitter, not even considering that Jrue DOES have Pels posts up on his instagram, where he's far more active anyway.

    No way Griff trades Jrue for Capela. That would be a truly moronic move.

    Edit: also, best players in next years FA class; 34 year old Kyle Lowry, broken Gordon Hayward, Derozan, Otto Porter Jr, Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, Nic Batum, Harrison Barnes. It's not exactly a FA class to be loading up for.

    No, I'm not including AD, because he's staying in LA, nor am I including Kawhi because he's opted out so he's a FA this year, no I'm not including KD cause he'll be signing a contract this summer which is likely a 1+1.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-17-2019 at 10:17 PM.

  20. #120
    Starter HartOfaPelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think the Pels are seriously considering it. This entire thing came out of someone noticing that Jrue doesn't have any Pels posts on his twitter, not even considering that Jrue DOES have Pels posts up on his instagram, where he's far more active anyway.

    No way Griff trades Jrue for Capela. That would be a truly moronic move.
    I just looked at his Instagram. He deleted A LOT of posts. Just providing facts.

    It makes me uneasy for sure. I feel like something like this will come out in the media someone soon if it were something real.

    Capela is young. I don’t love him but he would potentially be a GREAT fit with Zion. Capelas D is great!! His offense could be better but he will do. He does NOT stretch the floor at all but I tempends on the style of play the Pelicans want to run with the kids.

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I just looked at his Instagram. He deleted A LOT of posts. Just providing facts.

    It makes me uneasy for sure. I feel like something like this will come out in the media someone soon if it were something real.

    Capela is young. I don’t love him but he would potentially be a GREAT fit with Zion. Capelas D is great!! His offense could be better but he will do. He does NOT stretch the floor at all but I tempends on the style of play the Pelicans want to run with the kids.
    I know people will yell at me for this, because they will say ''YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIX EVERYTHING IN ONE YEAR!!!!'' (despite clamouring to acquire stars immediately at the same time, btw), but oh my god you need shooting at SOME POINT.

    Imagine rolling out a starting 5 like

    Lonzo
    [God knows at the 2]
    Ingram
    Zion
    Capela

    You might as well not have a three point line. Just send every team an advance warning telling them to get someone to re-colour the paint after the game because there will be like 5 shots taken behind the arc per game.

    Add to that the fact that Capela is massively overpaid, no. I do not want Capela. Not at all.

    Zion's best fit is a stretch big, not a rim runner who has zero range.

  22. #122
    Starter HartOfaPelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I know people will yell at me for this, because they will say ''YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIX EVERYTHING IN ONE YEAR!!!!'' (despite clamouring to acquire stars immediately at the same time, btw), but oh my god you need shooting at SOME POINT.

    Imagine rolling out a starting 5 like

    Lonzo
    [God knows at the 2]
    Ingram
    Zion
    Capela

    You might as well not have a three point line. Just send every team an advance warning telling them to get someone to re-colour the paint after the game because there will be like 5 shots taken behind the arc per game.

    Add to that the fact that Capela is massively overpaid, no. I do not want Capela. Not at all.

    Zion's best fit is a stretch big, not a rim runner who has zero range.
    Lol you make a GREAT point. Our shooting would possibly be the worst in the league.

    Again... I’m just throwing out the idea of Capela. There is nothing behind my thoughts it’s just a thought.

    Thinking about our shooting.... Capela makes zero sense.

    This convo makes me think that we getting Lopez is our best bet! Heck, I’d be willing to overpay just a bit for him. He would be the perfect fit for this team!!

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I know people will yell at me for this, because they will say ''YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIX EVERYTHING IN ONE YEAR!!!!'' (despite clamouring to acquire stars immediately at the same time, btw), but oh my god you need shooting at SOME POINT.

    Imagine rolling out a starting 5 like

    Lonzo
    [God knows at the 2]
    Ingram
    Zion
    Capela

    You might as well not have a three point line. Just send every team an advance warning telling them to get someone to re-colour the paint after the game because there will be like 5 shots taken behind the arc per game.

    Add to that the fact that Capela is massively overpaid, no. I do not want Capela. Not at all.

    Zion's best fit is a stretch big, not a rim runner who has zero range.
    stretch big would be wonderful

  24. #124
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We're going after Beal, but we ain't getting him.
    I was excited about this at first, but upon hearing what seems to be the expected value I do not want at all.

  25. #125
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    stretch big would be wonderful
    Capela doesn't fit with this team. We need to make a move for a guy like Lauri or sign someone like Brook Lopez.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •