Pelicans Report

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    yea lakers last hope if Kawhi. I hope he stays in Toronto so bad.
    I will be CELEBRATING if/when the Lakers don’t get Kawai. If they don’t get Kawai they are 100% betable no matter who else they get in FA. I would love nothing more than us to beat the Lakers in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where did you hear that Beal is going to Miami?
    I’ve seen several people say the same. I think it’s mostly rumors at this point, but it very well could be true

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

K

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’ve seen several people say the same. I think it’s mostly rumors at this point, but it very well could be true
    All I have heard is that Miami would like to get him. Heck, the Pelicans wanted him as well, but Washington not willing to give him up.

I think Kawhi is being super smart here and trolling them. If he plans on signing with the Clippers, why not lead on the Lakers so they end up not getting a max guy at all.

He’s seen what happened when Lebron & KD joined super teams and I don’t think he will take that same path. The Clippers have some good players already and they still have plenty of good free agents available. With Kawhi, SGA, Shamet, Lou, Gallinari, & Harrell they don’t need another max guy IMO. He just won a title with no max type players in Toronto except Gasol who wasn’t even there the whole year. Or he can go back to Toronto with that whole team except Danny Green in tact I believe. I forgot about Lowry, but I think SGA has more potential

I would try to get Cousins to join me with the Clippers since center would be there biggest need & he was one of the top guys out there in free agency.

I think he’s just playing the Lakers cause he plans on going to the Clippers. Maybe Cousins is in on it cause I haven’t heard too much about him like Horford who just waited on Butler to get traded. The 76ers were the mystery team all along with him.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-30-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where did you hear that Beal is going to Miami?
    https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ill-...12956/page-102

The real Basketball FA tracker thread....

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

K

Damn I would of loved to gotten him on that same deal, but the Wizards can match it. I’m glad we got Favors though for just one year.

So the Knicks signed 3 power forwards? Randle, Gibson, & Portis?

C: Robinson, Portis?
    PF: Randle, Gibson
    SF: Knox
    SG: RJ, Trier
    PG: Smith Jr
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-30-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Can the Pelicans sign Looney? I know they like him.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    If only we had room for him.
    We do when he gets bought out brother....

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ill-...12956/page-102

The real Basketball FA tracker thread....
    WHY WOULD YOU SEND ME THERE?!?!

EW!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Just a little announcement since it looks like everyone is calling it a night now. The Sim League Board is back open for business. Please stop by!

The Butler trade hit some complications, but guess it will eventually get done. The Horford move depends on that trade too.

I really was hoping to land the vet with all the playoff experience for Zion & Hayes to learn from in Al Horford. But not at 4 years, $109 million at 33 years old. Thought he was a perfect fit, but didn’t even think of who we actually got who might be just as great a fit. Instead we still get the older vet with playoff experience that fills what was truly out biggest need, 3 point shooting, in JJ Redick. We get him for 2 years, $26.5 million instead!! I’ll take that all day for an elite 3 point shooter even though he is 35. But it’s not like we need him for his athleticism, we need him for that sweet stroke from deep.

Then we luck into the Jazz wanting to get rid of starting caliber big man that only has one year left at $16.9 million. We basically got him for nothing cause I’m sure it was just 2nd rounders. We didn’t have to sign a guy for longer than two years like we wanted and didn’t have to get into the $20+ million a year range for him. He would of likely been a top 6 to 8 free agent power forward had he been a free agent.

This offseason can’t get any better than it has thus far.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-01-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Nah I mean Memphis will either waive or buyout. That’s what dude said on nbatv
    He is someone I would love to sign. Has a great friendship with Jrue. Would be a great vet to have help bring Ingram along to as someone with a similar skill set. He’s a Finals MVP with multiple rings. Showed he still has some game left. Would love to see him as one of the final signings for this team. The only position we really have a need is SF behind Ingram which I wouldn’t really call it a need cause if Keinrich who I like a lot. Nice final piece to the puzzle imo.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    Can the Pelicans sign Looney? I know they like him.
    I love Looney. But I think the Pels technically have 15 contracts now. Methinks they're gonna try to trade E'Twaun and look to bring back Elfrid (at least that's my hope).

D-Lo to the Warriors?

Woooooow. What a downgrade for them. They essentially moved Durant and Iguodala for D'angelo Russel.

And Klay won't be back until February, and will probably see at least some decrease in his performance due to the injury, which may rob him of some lateral quickness.

Golden State look like they might be done as a powerhouse team.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    D-Lo to the Warriors?

Woooooow. What a downgrade for them. They essentially moved Durant and Iguodala for D'angelo Russel.

And Klay won't be back until February, and will probably see at least some decrease in his performance due to the injury, which may rob him of some lateral quickness.

IMO they are done as powerhouse team. I still don’t get this signing. Now they are loaded at guard position, I think too loaded

Boy Washington just loves helping out people.

The Warriors window has officially closed. It happens.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

So the sixers are going to have Ben at the point now?

NO way miami can make a Beal and Butler deal. could be wrong i guess

Why would Memphis trade for Iggy and give up picks and then cut him

I like what we are doing, i think Moore stays b/c its more shooting from the 3 spot, unless we sign someone else that can shoot like a J Green or W Chandler at a discount and move Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    So the sixers are going to have Ben at the point now?

NO way miami can make a Beal and Butler deal. could be wrong i guess

Why would Memphis trade for Iggy and give up picks and then cut him

I like what we are doing, i think Moore stays b/c its more shooting from the 3 spot, unless we sign someone else that can shoot like a J Green or W Chandler at a discount and move Moore.
    Memphis got picks for acquiring Iggy. They didn't give up any assets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    D-Lo to the Warriors?

I think if nothing else, we've learned in the last couple of months that ownership/management are critically important to sustaining success in the NBA. Given that group's resources, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they bounce back quickly. If by done, you mean for the next 2 years, I agree. If by done you mean falling all the way down the ladder, I don't expect that at all.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I love Looney. But I think the Pels technically have 15 contracts now. Methinks they're gonna try to trade E'Twaun and look to bring back Elfrid (at least that's my hope).
    Sounds good to me. Those 2 moves would give us a little bit of $$$ in case of a mid season trade.

Thread Information