Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Pelicans squad next season (as of right this second)

PG: Lonzo/Hart/NAW
    SG: Jrue/JJ Redick/Moore
    SF: Ingram/Kenrich
    PF: Zion/Melli/Wood
    C: Okafor/Hayes
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm just talking about the contract. Lol
    But should you? It wasn’t really signing a free agent but a trade. He got a big contract and they lost picks. I prefer Redick signing for us

Damn Brooklyn got Garrett Temple as well. Sneaky move for them to get the LSU Tiger. He can play 1-3 in the lineup.

Brooklyn, the Jazz, & the Pacers making some good moves.

Unless LA gets Kawhi, Utah are the best team in the West next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Josh Hart has never been a point guard and I pray he's doesnt have to be one here. He's a 2/3.

Moore probably on his way out.

Wood can be placed as a backup at both 4 and 5. Hayes probably wont be on the active roster most nights I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Josh Hart has never been a point guard and I pray he's doesnt have to be one here. He's a 2/3.

Moore probably on his way out.

Wood can be placed as a backup at both 4 and 5. Hayes probably wont be on the active roster most nights.
    I listed Hart at the 1 basically just to try and keep from loading up one position too heavily. In reality, these positions are more guidelines than fact, because on any given play Jrue could be at the one, Ingram could be at the 4, Zion could be at the 5, etc etc.

I know Moore is very possibly on the way out. That's why I specified that the list was based on the squad ''right this second''. As of this second, Moore is still a Pelican.

You have Kenrich backing up the 3 over a guy that started for our playoff team that swept the Blazers in that spot? If we don’t sign a 3, a guard will be in that spot IMO. I think Hart & Moore will play as our 3rd guard over Kenrich. With Hart being our biggest guard besides Lonzo height wise, I think he’s got that spot locked up especially with JJ signing. I’m not sure Kenrich even makes the team, especially not over Frank Jackson.

One thing for sure...the West is going to be a total bloodbath of a fight next season. Utah. Portland. Denver. GS. Clippers. If Lakers steal Kawhi, they still have zero depth and I don't know very much about basketball. AD and Lebron will have to play 45 minutes a night and we all know how well AD holds up.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    You have Kenrich backing up the 3 over a guy that started for our playoff team that swept the Blazers in that spot? If we don’t sign a 3, a guard will be in that spot IMO. I think Hart & Moore will play as our 3rd guard over Kenrich. With Hart being our biggest guard besides Lonzo height wise, I think he’s got that spot locked up especially with JJ signing. I’m not sure Kenrich even makes the team, especially not over Frank Jackson.
    Over Moore? Yeah.

You're right that Moore or Hart are more likely to play as a 3rd guard than Kenrich. That's why I didn't list Kenrich as a guard at all.

Waiting on that OKC salary dump??? Oh man, I like that Adams guy.

Lol @ nobody mentioning Cousins at all in this free agency by the way. No teams seem to be hunting him, there's no bidding war, etc etc. Just mass apathy about him.

James Dolan trending for wrong reasons.

Derrick Favors has to be dumped by Utah now and his contract would fit into our current cap space without needing to even make another move. Look at that as a possibility too.

I hope Horford has a really dry market. We move Moore, Kenrich, & Bertans, we might make it close to get him for a decent 2 year deal.

I know highly unlikely, but that would be so sick!! Make it happen Loom, I mean Griffin!! ����
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-30-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Derrick Favors has to be dumped by Utah now and his contract would fit into our current cap space without needing to even make another move. Look at that as a possibility too.
    I would, but I don't want to, because I don't really like Favors that much.

I don't hate him either. He's a solid player. Just a bunch of meh about him though.

Lol @ nobody mentioning Cousins at all in this free agency by the way. No teams seem to be hunting him, there's no bidding war, etc etc. Just mass apathy about him.
    He actually fits our stretch 5 needs, but he would be a terrible culture fit. Cousins has to swallow some huge pride 2 years in a row. He will get a 1 year $10-$15 deal somewhere. Maybe Lakers.

No news in the last 10min??

The poor Knicks?!! Will they ever be relevant again? Every year it seems they gonna get a couple big time free agents and they get nada.

The NBA should force Dolan out like the did they dude at the Clippers.

Jazz will probably have to renounce to Favors' option in order to make room for Bogdanovic. So, if Moore is moved elsewhere, Horford, Favors and Adams are still possibilities.

EDIT: I don't want any part of Cousins on the Pelicans. I hope he ends on the Knicks or Lakers.

What? Favors was dumped?

I’d take him in a heart beat on a 2 year year deal.

Make it happen Griffin & Langdon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    He actually fits our stretch 5 needs, but he would be a terrible culture fit. Cousins has to swallow some huge pride 2 years in a row. He will get a 1 year $10-$15 deal somewhere. Maybe Lakers.
    Are the Lakers gonna have $10m to throw at him? Only if they miss out on a big name FA. They could still conceivably get Kawhi, D-Lo, or even Horford, actually.

If I'm LA, I'd rather throw $15m at Randle and try to bring him back than pay Cousins. He's garbage at this point. Also, is he a stretch 5 now? He shot 27.4% from three last season. He has no lift at all in his legs anymore.

I would, but I don't want to, because I don't really like Favors that much.

I don't hate him either. He's a solid player. Just a bunch of meh about him though.
    For a 1yr/17m deal.... Yeah I'd totally do it assuming Horford isn't on a reasonable deal or something like that.

Thread Information