.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: End of Zion to Duke/Unhappy discussions

  1. #26
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,841
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I listened to MM on the last Bourbon Street Shots podcast, and it was a good listen.

    What happened with Jake Madson? Is he still part of BSS, or did they have a falling out? His (Nola_Jake) podcasts are great listens.
    Cliffs notes version? Or a link to the pod?

  2. #27
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yep. When the video surfaced of Zion during the actual announcement he didn't look upset at all. Shocked, sure, but he was laughing with his buddy.

    You could tell this was just *sigh* Fake News to try and stur up drama. It's so damaging to the media to do crap like this from a credibility standpoint.
    Bruh I thought I missed something. I saw that video and he was smiling, but EVERYBODY in the media said he looked "devastated" lol. Cmon man.

  3. #28
    When I heard the report originally about him looking, "devastated" I was slightly nervous. Not because I didn't think we'd draft him but because more like, "here we go again."

    Then I saw the video and I realized it was all BS.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-16-2019 at 03:00 PM.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Bruh I thought I missed something. I saw that video and he was smiling, but EVERYBODY in the media said he looked "devastated" lol. Cmon man.
    It's kind of funny, some ESPN dude reported that he was ''whisked off' immediately after the lottery positions were announced, but in reality he was just taken to the next room to do an ESPN interview that we literally watched at the same time as that guy was tweeted.

    Such manufactured drama.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  5. #30
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I listened to MM on the last Bourbon Street Shots podcast, and it was a good listen.

    What happened with Jake Madson? Is he still part of BSS, or did they have a falling out? His (Nola_Jake) podcasts are great listens.
    Jake has his own podcast now. Locked On Pelicans. Does one every day.

  6. #31


    More sources agreeing. We've already had Zion's step-father coming out to say it's bunk, now we've got Zion's high school coach coming out to say it's bunk.

    Wonder if we'll get any kind of contrition from the talking heads?

  7. #32
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post


    More sources agreeing. We've already had Zion's step-father coming out to say it's bunk, now we've got Zion's high school coach coming out to say it's bunk.

    Wonder if we'll get any kind of contrition from the talking heads?
    from some they did but some are still using the video of how he looked "bummed" as evidence it's really dumb

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    from some they did but some are still using the video of how he looked "bummed" as evidence it's really dumb

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Colin Cowherd and Brian Windhorst would rather explode than ever apologise, but a part of me does kind of think they should admit that they blew up nothing into something.

  9. #34
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Colin Cowherd and Brian Windhorst would rather explode than ever apologise, but a part of me does kind of think they should admit that they blew up nothing into something.
    that be way too easy it mean doing actual reporting instead of pulling things out of thin air to create the narrative they want

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  10. #35
    https://youtu.be/NbUZ-2sK3lU Now he tries to bring up negatives in Zion. I don't know how he does it lmao. And of course Cuttino shuts him down quickly

  11. #36
    I love how media people are like, he should go back, but ebery person who's played in the NBA says, just go out there and get paid to ball. Your brand is your brand no matter what

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    I love how media people are like, he should go back, but ebery person who's played in the NBA says, just go out there and get paid to ball. Your brand is your brand no matter what
    There are some players who rely on their franchise to give them a brand. A good example of that is Demar Derozan. He was basically given sainthood in Toronto, and his profile has dipped dramatically since going to San Antonio, largely because he has no personality of his own.

    Other players bring their brand with them wherever they go, either because of their game, their personality, or a mixture of the two. A good example there is Giannis: he's in Milwaukee, and he's still one of the faces of the league because of his incredible game, his likeable personality, his love for his city, and his consistent winning.

    Zion is more like Giannis than Derozan. He has the freakish athleticism, he's got the out-of-this-world ability, he seems nice and humble in interviews, and as long as he buys into the city, I can easily see New Orleans buying into him back. He's got the brand coming straight out of college, and he'll get that huge shoe deal wherever he goes. He'll get those commercials like Westbrook does, even in a small market.

    NBA players know that. Media names don't. Colin Cowherd is a moron, with an awful personality: if he was some columnist in Iowa, nobody would care for him, and he thinks that standard applies to everyone else too.

  13. #38
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,707
    wilbon just went off on kournhizer (sp) basically said watch ad be here in 2 years

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  14. #39
    All-Star WildlifeAirGrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Orleans/Kenya
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post


    More sources agreeing. We've already had Zion's step-father coming out to say it's bunk, now we've got Zion's high school coach coming out to say it's bunk.

    Wonder if we'll get any kind of contrition from the talking heads?
    Contrition? You mean like 'the Pels will be moving to Seattle' contrition? They won't stop until we start plowing teams into submission. Then they will here all of the time saying how great we are.
    Thanks Pelicans Report - I get a laugh or three every day reading this thing. Hoping the magic returns to the SKC soon.

  15. #40
    At least I won't be tossing and turning tonight! Last two nights sucked thinking about taking a AD and Zion L.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!


  16. #41
    When person A reports what person B has said or done, Person A is reporting news. When person A reports what Person B has thought, will think, wants to do, should do, without personal knowledge of or communication with person B, Person A is a gossipy ************bag no one should pay attention to. I don't understand how people watch the NETWORKS. Sports, politics, it's all the same nonsense.

  17. #42
    When ESPN reported that, it was strictly from the blabbering mouths of their reporters. No video and some random still image. Thats red flag #1.

    ESPN/FS1 has been tampering with this franchise since last December at least. THey'll continue to do it until somebody from the organization speaks out and makes the league take notice.

  18. #43
    Kind of off topic but Odell put Cowterd in his place today.

    https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyo...l-over-twitter

    Baker


  19. #44
    When person A reports what person B has said or done, Person A is reporting news. When person A reports what Person B has thought, will think, wants to do, should do, without personal knowledge of or communication with person B, Person A is a gossipy ************bag no one should pay attention to. I don't understand how people watch the NETWORKS. Sports, politics, it's all the same nonsense.

  20. #45
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    wilbon just went off on kournhizer (sp) basically said watch ad be here in 2 years

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Some people dislike him, but I've always appreciated Wilbon. He's a Chicago homer, no doubt. But he always tells it like it is. So, good on him.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Cliffs notes version? Or a link to the pod?
    http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...n-the-lottery/

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Some people dislike him, but I've always appreciated Wilbon. He's a Chicago homer, no doubt. But he always tells it like it is. So, good on him.
    I’ll LMAO if Davis goes to Chicago. Wait till he finds out the HC is a drill sergeant that conducts 3 hour practices.

    https://deadspin.com/bulls-give-anot...s-e-1834512959

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •