.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

  1. #2376
    Draft Pick Rampart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    23
    I for one can't wait to talk about how our new pieces will fit whomever they are and put this all behind us. Once the trade is done I am not looking forward to arguing about how good it was, were better offers turned down etc.

    This is a new era for our Pels - let's keep it facing forward and positive !

  2. #2377
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    That's a far cry from, "the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks."
    Please don't be like some people on this board ignoring common sense to be right. Porzingis was there AD. They were willing to trade him, Kevin Knox, and 2019 unprotected pick. So you just replace Porzingis with Mitchell Robinson, Frank Ntilikina, and Alonzo Trier and the picks they got from Dallas.

  3. #2378
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Please don't be like some people on this board ignoring common sense to be right. Porzingis was there AD. They were willing to trade him, Kevin Knox, and 2019 unprotected pick. So you just replace Porzingis with Mitchell Robinson, Frank Ntilikina, and Alonzo Trier and the picks they got from Dallas.
    They were willing to trade him because he demanded out.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

  4. #2379
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    I for one can't wait to talk about how our new pieces will fit whomever they are and put this all behind us. Once the trade is done I am not looking forward to arguing about how good it was, were better offers turned down etc.

    This is a new era for our Pels - let's keep it facing forward and positive !

    this

  5. #2380
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They were willing to trade him because he demanded out.
    Yep. Dude had a bad attitude and was recovering from an injury. I like his game but he came across as a cancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    I for one can't wait to talk about how our new pieces will fit whomever they are and put this all behind us. Once the trade is done I am not looking forward to arguing about how good it was, were better offers turned down etc.

    This is a new era for our Pels - let's keep it facing forward and positive !
    So much yes. I have been a Pels fan from day 1 in NOLA and the team has never been free from toxicity. From Shinn, then to Paul, Oklahoma, to Eric Gordon, and now AD. Once this trade happens.......this will be the first time the team hasn't been plagued with a cancer.

    ....stay away LeVar.....
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.

  6. #2381
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We don't have the cap space to sign D'Angelo Russell. He'll be commanding a max or close to it, we don't have even close to that money.

    Let alone the money to sign him to a max and still sign extra rookies like Fall, Reid, and Barrett, AND bring back Payton.

    Also, Naz Reid still sucks.
    We wouldnít have the cap even with AD leaving?

  7. #2382
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    That's not what that said AT ALL. Nowhere does it say anything remotely about, "the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks."
    Here you are, the NY Post

    https://nypost.com/2019/06/11/mullin...ushing-injury/


    The Knicks also could trade several young assets, including their No. 3 pick, which could turn into RJ Barrett, for Randleís Pelicans teammate, Anthony Davis. But even if they do, it may not even make them a playoff team if Davis doesnít have a star partner.

    According to a source, the Pelicans would need a third team in a trade with the Knicks more than in a deal with any other potential club in the mix. Pelicans brass doesnít find all the Knicksí young assets attractive enough for a package.

    The Pelicans want an All-Star player involved in a deal, but New Orleans also desperately seeks a young, potential top-15 guy and donít know if the Knicks actually have one on their roster.

    Kevin Knox is the closest to a potential All-Star, but he went through a roller-coaster rookie season. According to a source, the Pelicans consider the Celtics to have the best young assets.

    The Knicks can still use their cap space to acquire another star player, aside from Davis, in a trade.

    Nevertheless, maybe the answer is for the Knicks to continue a slow rebuilding, draft Barrett, tank in 2019-20, add another lottery pick and go after Durant in 2020 if available.

  8. #2383
    Out of curiosity, how far away would we be to offering D'Angelo? If we also traded Solo? And Randall opts out? ....

  9. #2384
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    We wouldn’t have the cap even with AD leaving?
    AD leaves, unless the team you're trading him to is willing to just eat the salary (not happening), you have to take back roughly even salary.

  10. #2385
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

    Do you understand the difference between COULD and DID? No offense, but is English your first language?

  11. #2386
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Do you understand the difference between COULD and DID? No offense, but is English your first language?
    Not my source nor did I start it and you don’t need to be ugly about it.

  12. #2387
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    That's a far cry from, "the Knicks were offering us every young player they have and picks."
    Wasn't there also speculation that NY was backing away from trading for AD after sending the unicorn to Dallas?

  13. #2388
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Do you understand the difference between COULD and DID? No offense, but is English your first language?
    Completely uncalled for behavior bruh. We are just going over some scenarios.

  14. #2389
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Wasn't there also speculation that NY was backing away from trading for AD after sending the unicorn to Dallas?
    To make room for Durant and Irving. They might be on plan B now.

  15. #2390
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Completely uncalled for behavior bruh. We are just going over some scenarios.
    It was fair. You kept stating that the Knicks did offer stuff and provided sources that said they could.....he was a little harsh but I was also starting to think you were trolling a bit.

  16. #2391
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I don't see that in the article, maybe I missed it.

  17. #2392
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It was fair. You kept stating that the Knicks did offer stuff and provided sources that said they could.....he was a little harsh but I was also starting to think you were trolling a bit.
    Wrong! It was Dathrone that stated it. You just did not like that I sourced it. Quit acting like a ninny. Saying I’m trolling??? Is that the best you can do? You no other way . Can’t prove me wrong so just call me a troll. Yea you really solved it. Bravo.

    By the way I see your horrible posts praising Durant’s injury got deleted.

  18. #2393
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,799
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Please don't be like some people on this board ignoring common sense to be right. Porzingis was there AD. They were willing to trade him, Kevin Knox, and 2019 unprotected pick. So you just replace Porzingis with Mitchell Robinson, Frank Ntilikina, and Alonzo Trier and the picks they got from Dallas.
    Wait, so common sense says they offered everything? I would have thought the Lakers would have too, but apparently not.

  19. #2394
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Wait, so common sense says they offered everything? I would have thought the Lakers would have too, but apparently not.
    You don't understand, let me explain.

    If the Knicks offer everything, it helps his point, so it's common sense.

    If the Lakers offer everything, it hurts his point, so it's not common sense.

    Hope that helped.

  20. #2395
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Wrong! It was Dathrone that stated it. You just did not like that I sourced it. Quit acting like a ninny. Saying Iím trolling??? Is that the best you can do? You no other way . Canít prove me wrong so just call me a troll. Yea you really solved it. Bravo.

    By the way I see your horrible posts praising Durantís injury got deleted.
    someone's sensitive

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  21. #2396
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You don't understand, let me explain.

    If the Knicks offer everything, it helps his point, so it's common sense.

    If the Lakers offer everything, it hurts his point, so it's not common sense.

    Hope that helped.

    If you can’t respect people’s thoughts. That is your problem.

  22. #2397
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If you can’t respect people’s thoughts. That is your problem.
    ...Thanks for the clarification.

  23. #2398
    >sigh<….I wonder what Dell Demps is doing right now? lol

  24. #2399
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...Thanks for the clarification.
    Back to talking scenarios. If you can’t respect or debate without name calling and innuendos I suggest use the ignore feature or don’t post at all.

  25. #2400
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    >sigh<….I wonder what Dell Demps is doing right now? lol
    He's probably sitting on a beach with a margarita somewhere

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •