.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

  1. #2326
    Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post
    Timing couldn't be worse for us. Kyrie gone, there's no reason for Ainge to ante up for AD.
    But KD gets injured. So.... That really only leaves Irving, Thompson, Kemba, Kawhi, and Butler as the only other big names on the market potentially.

    Honestly, Kyrie had to opt out anyways. He was criminally underpaid.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-12-2019 at 08:32 PM.

  2. #2327
    Waiting for Kyrie Irving to declare himself a sovereign citizen who will represent himself in all matters including in Free Agency.
    Tyrese Maxey/Isaac Okoro/Oscar Tshiebwe/Onyeka Okongwu/Nico Mannion endorser.

  3. #2328
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'd agree, if it weren't for the fact that everything we have heard from Ainge for months is that he's still interested in an AD trade, with or without Kyrie.

    And this includes as recently as this week.

    It may limit Ainge's top offer, but as we've already discussed, there's a strong argument that even Boston's 2nd or 3rd best offer could still be better than LAs or NYs depending on what they acquire or which third team they get involved.
    I want a house on Audubon Blvd. Doesn’t mean I’m going to offer enough to get it...

    I feel like the distinction between Ainge’s interest in AD and Ainge being willing to offer enough to get him is always lost around here.

  4. #2329
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I want a house on Audubon Blvd. Doesn’t mean I’m going to offer enough to get it...

    I feel like the distinction between Ainge’s interest in AD and what Ainge will be willing to offer is always lost around here.
    I feel like the distinction between what you read and the third section of my post was lost on you as well.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-12-2019 at 08:40 PM.

  5. #2330
    Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post
    Timing couldn't be worse for us. Kyrie gone, there's no reason for Ainge to ante up for AD.
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st

  6. #2331
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st
    I'd take it.

  7. #2332
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel like the distinction between what you read the the third section of my post was lost on you as well.
    Fixed it.

    I’ll just go back to waiting on that Celtics offer we were promised.

  8. #2333
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,762
    I just want this to be over at this point lol Griffin shouldn't care where Davis wants to go, just what's he gets back.

    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

  9. #2334
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st
    I would take this running away and wouldn't think twice, but I don't see why Memphis does it. And frankly, I don't see why Boston does either.

  10. #2335
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st
    I actually really like that trade for Boston and Memphis


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #2336
    Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post
    I would take this running away and wouldn't think twice, but I don't see why Memphis does it. And frankly, I don't see why Boston does either.
    Why Boston does it: gets all-star caliber point guard to replace Kyrie Irving to pair with Anthony Davis. Acquires someone who can shoot to space the floor a little, which makes up for some of the shooting they're losing, and if they don't like Moore he's an expiring which means he'll be easy to move later.

    Why Memphis does it: they only do this move if they're entering full-rebuild move. They get another young big, another pick in this draft. They would have to be happy that Hayward returns to all-star form within a year or two, which is a BIG if.

    Why we do it: Tatum, Smart, Picks, lol.

  12. #2337
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,687

  13. #2338
    Boston then re-signs scary Terry to be their 6th man.

    lineup

    PG: Conley/Rozier
    SG: Moore/free agent
    SF: Brown/pick #22
    PF: Davis/Williams/Theis
    C: Horford/Baynes

    That’s top 4 again in the East

  14. #2339
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Boston then re-signs scary Terry to be their 6th man.

    lineup

    PG: Conley/Rozier
    SG: Moore/free agent
    SF: Brown/pick #22
    PF: Davis/Williams/Theis
    C: Horford/Baynes

    That’s top 4 again in the East
    I think it's the kind of team that would be more than the sum of it's parts as well, as long as AD committed. The only issue is that it's a kind of old team, very win-now.

    Conley isn't as dynamic as Kyrie is, but he's several times better defensively and a lot more disciplined. Moore would be their weakest starter, and he is kinda weak, but his spacing would be useful since it would mean that everyone in the starting 5 other than AD could shoot. Brown is a great defender and shooter, who would do very well in that lineup. Obviously AD is AD, and if he played with legitimate effort he'd be a killer defender, and in that much space he'd be unstoppable in the paint. Horford is another very smart vet who can play inside or out, and pass, and defend.

    The only real issue is that you say ''free agent'' in that backup SG position, but they don't really have any money.

  15. #2340
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think it's the kind of team that would be more than the sum of it's parts as well, as long as AD committed. The only issue is that it's a kind of old team, very win-now.

    Conley isn't as dynamic as Kyrie is, but he's several times better defensively and a lot more disciplined. Moore would be their weakest starter, and he is kinda weak, but his spacing would be useful since it would mean that everyone in the starting 5 other than AD could shoot. Brown is a great defender and shooter, who would do very well in that lineup. Obviously AD is AD, and if he played with legitimate effort he'd be a killer defender, and in that much space he'd be unstoppable in the paint. Horford is another very smart vet who can play inside or out, and pass, and defend.

    The only real issue is that you say ''free agent'' in that backup SG position, but they don't really have any money.
    The would probably have some exception money. Not sure which exception.

  16. #2341
    wahoo Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st

    Is this Dream-land?

  17. #2342
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Fixed it.

    Iíll just go back to waiting on that Celtics offer we were promised.
    Bu.. Bu... But if we don't take the Lakers offer at the deadline they aren't going to offer us a good package this summer.

    LOLLLLLLLLLL

  18. #2343
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

    Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

    Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

    New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st
    You're missing

    Lakers: Salty tears

  19. #2344
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying him though, because he's so young and has those skills (shooting, ball handling, defense) that are so valuable.

    I'd obviously still prefer Tatum, but if the offers came down to Ingram, Ball, and #4 vs Brown, Smart, #14, #20, Memphis pick, then the answer is obvious even without Tatum involved.
    Oh ok. With all those picks, I agree.

    Kuzma and Ball are on Brown's level. Ingram COULD be way better. But to get that Memphis pick......I looooove that Memphis pick. I think I view it as better than any other Laker/Celtic asset behind Tatum.

  20. #2345
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Bu.. Bu... But if we don't take the Lakers offer at the deadline they aren't going to offer us a good package this summer.

    LOLLLLLLLLLL
    1. You’re forgetting the risk that AD could have suffered an injury. It didn’t happen. Great!
    2. I’m still waiting on this great Celtics offer you all promised
    3. If the deal is Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 pick. That’s less than what was offered in February

    But we got Zion and AD didn’t get hurt. So this has all worked out better than I could have hoped no matter what the trade ends up being.

    And 4+ months later we’ll end up with basically the same deal we could have had at the deadline...only NOT AS GOOD.

  21. #2346
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Posts
    24
    I jist don't see us getting the 2nd pick. And now my dream of seeing a rj and zion team up seems to be crushed as well

  22. #2347
    Do we really know what was offered in February? Real question. I know who was offered in general but I don't think we knew what each specific package was.

    It's also a pretty weak argument since the odds were not on the Lakers getting the 4th pick. Even missing a player the 4th pick is arguably the best asset. Apples and oranges.

  23. #2348
    I still like Brooklyn if we could get Russell in a sign & trade.

    Brooklyn: AD

    Pels: Sign & trade De’Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Tauren Prince, & a 2020 1st

    C: Allen, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: LeVert, Prince
    SG: Jrue
    PG: Russell

    Not sure we could get a 1st with that, but I’d try. I wouldn’t need it though cause I really like those 4 players. Then after this year or before try to trade Jrue, so we could sign/extend LeVert, Prince, & Allen to be our future 2, 3, & 5 going forward. I really like Russell, LeVert, Prince, Zion & Allen to be our starting 5 for years since they are all young and good players IMO.

    I forget they just traded for Prince, so I guess Joe Harris instead. I’d still take that cause dude could shoot lights out. He’s just not young like Prince. Think you have to wait 60 days before trading a player you just traded for and free agency will be close to that number.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-12-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  24. #2349

  25. #2350
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Oh ok. With all those picks, I agree.

    Kuzma and Ball are on Brown's level. Ingram COULD be way better. But to get that Memphis pick......I looooove that Memphis pick. I think I view it as better than any other Laker/Celtic asset behind Tatum.
    Kuzma and Ball are not on Brown's level. Just, at all.

    Brown can shoot, which for one makes him infinitely more useful in today's NBA. He had a pretty severe injury in his shooting hand for a good chunk of last season, but he got the cast off in December. From January until the end of the season (which was 43 games, basically as many as Ball played all year), he shot 39% from three on 4 attempts per game. Much better than either Kuzma or Ball.

    For that skill alone, when you're discussing building a team around Zion and Jrue, the shooting makes him much more valuable. You add to that the fact that he was the 4th option in Boston (after Kyrie, Horford, and Tatum) and still put up scoring and rebounding numbers pretty similar per 100 to Kuzma, who was the de facto 2nd option the entire season until Ingram's late 9 game run, that's pretty impressive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •