Pelicans Report

Page 100 of 127 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Be happy we won the golden ticket draft Zion. Trade AD for the best future assets available, move Jrue for the same. Build the team around Williamson slowly and methodically so we have a great supporting cast when he's reaching his peak in the next 3-7 years.
    Griff and the Pels have already said they aren't going to do that. They are pushing for the playoffs THIS season. Agree, disagree, none of it matters because the organization has been crystal clear about what the plans going forward are. No point discussing a slow rebuild because that's not in the cards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You're not even worth the time if you can't grasp the concept of trading with 1 team before we know anything is worse odds than having the ability to trade with all teams after we know where everyone is at.
    Same to you if you don't realize that teams aren't trading the best prospect since LeBron James for a one year rental of Anthony Davis. Other then the Lakers maybe the Knicks who else would have done this? So you are still banking on a less than 20% chance that either team wins the lotto. And again depending on how the confident the Knicks felt about Durant they may not have moved Williamson for Davis.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I’d be very surprised if a trade happens on the same day as a Finals game. And for the most part I lean towards Griff and Lakers having a framework in place for a deal that will be executed as soon as the finals end. If someone comes in with a better offer than Lakers before that, I think Griff will go back to Lakers and see if they can beat it. The KD situation increases the anxiety in the market, so maybe someone takes the risk to pair AD with Kyrie.

Lakers are still -500 to have AD at start of season. The other options are the Knicks/Pels. But the bet I like is +1000 on the field, with Celtics, Nets, Blazers, Hawks, out there as teams in the field that could cash that bet for me. If I could get good odds on Nets straight up, I’d consider that bet too.

Griff and the Pels have already said they aren't going to do that. They are pushing for the playoffs THIS season. Agree, disagree, none of it matters because the organization has been crystal clear about what the plans going forward are. No point discussing a slow rebuild because that's not in the cards at all.
    Again what we will do and what we should do aren't necessarily the same things. Griffin is about to make the same mistake that got Demps fired. It's his job, but I don't have to agree.

Side note you don't get to tell other people what's worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I’d be very surprised if a trade happens on the same day as a Finals game. And for the most part I lean towards Griff and Lakers having a framework in place for a deal that will be executed as soon as the finals end. If someone comes in with a better offer than Lakers before that, I think Griff will go back to Lakers and see if they can beat it. The KD situation increases the anxiety in the market, so maybe someone takes the risk to pair AD with Kyrie.

Lakers are still -500 to have AD at start of season. The other options are the Knicks/Pels. But the bet I like is +1000 on the field, with Celtics, Nets, Blazers, Hawks, out there as teams in the field that could cash that bet for me. If I could get good odds on Nets straight up, I’d consider that bet too.

I doubt Adam Silver would try to stall any trades now.

oh snap page 100!

Same to you if you don't realize that teams aren't trading the best prospect since LeBron James for a one year rental of Anthony Davis. Other then the Lakers maybe the Knicks who else would have done this? So you are still banking on a less than 20% chance that either team wins the lotto. And again depending on how the confident the Knicks felt about Durant they may not have moved Williamson for Davis.
    This is so stupid. If teams aren't willing to trade Zion then why would they have traded us an unprotected pick before the deadline? If they weren't going to be willing to deal Zion ANY pick we got would have been top 1 protected so your entire argument is irrelevant because our only chance would be to win it ourselves and the best way to do that is to not trade AD and sit him as much as possible to lose games.

So either world we live in, the world where no one was trading Zion or the world where teams might be willing to trade Zion our best odds were TO WAIT.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Advocate article, It might be better for Griff to be patient

Waiting till the last second could be our biggest benefit.
    Could pigeon hole us in a corner too, where we get less . I’d take the Best deal before the draft that we can get and move on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again what we will do and what we should do aren't necessarily the same things. Griffin is about to make the same mistake that got Demps fired. It's his job, but I don't have to agree.

Side note you don't get to tell other people what's worth discussing.
    It makes sense you'd want to waste time discussing something that the organization has already come out and said will not happen.

Like I said it's not a matter of agreeing with the course of action or disagreeing with it. I'd rather a slow rebuild as well. But Griff, Gentry, and the entire organization has already come out and said their plan is for the playoffs next year.

Because it didn’t happen, people also seem to discount that we risked a KD - like injury to our best asset by not trading him at the deadline. I told folks the league would make us play him, and there were several pages of folks telling me I was crazy and that couldn’t happen.

We should have been tanking after the deadline, and instead we literally lessened our odds of winning the lottery.

That we won the lottery is great, so like I’ve said I wouldn’t change a thing.

But like I tell my 3 year old son, even though you didn’t get hurt, if you don’t understand why running down the stairs in socks is dangerous, you’re going to eventually have a bad accident.

I have a bad feeling that when the final trade is announced, we we will be very disappointed. There have been rumors of the Lakers not wanting to include all of their assets and even rumors of the Celtics not wanting to include Tatum. We may get less than 50 cents on the dollar for AD.

NO ONE discounted the risk of AD getting injured. I was just as furious as anyone that the NBA threatened picks being taken if we sat AD.

STOP trying to paint people who argued waiting in some false light. It's simply not true. I acknowledged all risks involved. The entire point was the benefits to not trading AD outweighed the risks. And look...thise benefits that we said outweighed the risks... THEY PAID OFF.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...21aeapq5aoevp3

Any chance of intel that he could fall? I highly doubt it. But, if so, could the Pels be monitoring that?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I have a bad feeling that when the final trade is announced, we will be very disappointed. There have been rumors of the Lakers not wanting to include all of their assets and even rumors of the Celtics not wanting to include Tatum. We may get less than 50 cents on the dollar for AD.
    To be fair neither team has stellar assets to start with. They all have some problem and/or lacking severely in one area or another. Doing a trade which has 1 solid star combined with now and future picks is a better long term strategy for us.

This is so stupid. If teams aren't willing to trade Zion then why would they have traded us an unprotected pick before the deadline? If they weren't going to be willing to deal Zion ANY pick we got would have been top 1 protected so your entire argument is irrelevant because our only chance would be to win it ourselves and the best way to do that is to not trade AD and sit him as much as possible to lose games.

So either world we live in, the world where no one was trading Zion or the world where teams might be willing to trade Zion our best odds were TO WAIT.
    Cause unlike you they didn't have the power of hindsight. The Knicks at best had a 14% chance of winning Zion. AD was a bird in the hand Williamson was the two in the Bush. Same for Suns, Bulls, etc. even the Lakers. Once you know you have the 2 birds in the bushes now things change in term of bargaining. Have you never watched Let's make a Deal? The curtain could be a car or it could be a zonk. The min the person knows it's their dream car you'd have a hard time getting them to give it back for a chance at another car.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...21aeapq5aoevp3

Any chance of intel that he could fall? I highly doubt it. But, if so, could the Pels be monitoring that?
    I couldn't imagine. That'd be crazy for Memphis to pass.
    I have a bad feeling that when the final trade is announced, we we will be very disappointed. There have been rumors of the Lakers not wanting to include all of their assets and even rumors of the Celtics not wanting to include Tatum. We may get less than 50 cents on the dollar for AD.
    If all we end up with is Ingram, Ball, #4, filler then that's still as good of a package as the Lakers presented at the trade deadline.

The fact that Griff turned that package down and wants more should be telling about where the other offers are at.

It makes sense you'd want to waste time discussing something that the organization has already come out and said will not happen.

Like I said it's not a matter of agreeing with the course of action or disagreeing with it. I'd rather a slow rebuild as well. But Griff, Gentry, and the entire organization has already come out and said their plan is for the playoffs next year.
    It's a sports forum. How much do you think what gets discussed here has an actual chance of happening? That does not mean it's not worth discussing. Disagreeing with management is worth it especially considering this is Griffin's 1st year.

Cause unlike you they didn't have the power of hindsight. The Knicks at best had a 14% chance of winning Zion. AD was a bird in the hand Williamson was the two in the Bush. Same for Suns, Bulls, etc. even the Lakers. Once you know you have the 2 birds in the bushes now things change in term of bargaining. Have you never watched Let's make a Deal? The curtain could be a car or it could be a zonk. The min the person knows it's their dream car you'd have a hard time getting them to give it back for a chance at another car.
    Teams are unwilling to trade Zion for AD.

Teams are willing to not put top 1 protection (for Zion) on their pick they're giving up for AD.

Those two lines of reason simply do not add up. Either teams were unwilling, at all, under any circumstances to trade for Zion OR they were willing to trade Zion.

Your entire premise is wrong because teams have the ability put protection on what's behind the curtain to ensure they don't give away the car. They were unwilling to give up.

It's a sports forum. How much do you think what gets discussed here has an actual chance of happening? That does not mean it's not worth discussing. Disagreeing with management is worth it especially considering this is Griffin's 1st year.
    Then I'd say moving it to a thread about disagreeing with Griffin's management is the place and not a thread about trading AD.

NO ONE discounted the risk of AD getting injured. I was just as furious as anyone that the NBA threatened picks being taken if we sat AD.

STOP trying to paint people who argued waiting in some false light. It's simply not true. I acknowledged all risks involved. The entire point was the benefits to not trading AD outweighed the risks. And look...thise benefits that we said outweighed the risks... THEY PAID OFF.
    Not true. Winning the lottery - with worse odds if we don’t go full tank - was never the predicted outcome or stated by anyone as a benefit of not trading AD. We got lucky. Getting lucky wasn’t the master plan!

According to you and others, we waited because the Celtics needed to bid and were going to offer everything which would at the very least drive the price up. That was why all of you said you wanted to wait. I, MOSTLY ALONE, said Kyrie would let the world know he was bouncing and that wouldn’t turn out at all the way you expected it to. Which is exactly what has happened.

Not true. Winning the lottery - with worse odds if we don’t go full tank - was never the predicted outcome or stated by anyone as a benefit of not trading AD. We got lucky. Getting lucky wasn’t the master plan!

According to you and others, we waited because the Celtics needed to bid and were going to offer everything which would at the very least drive the price up. That was why all of you said you wanted to wait. I, MOSTLY ALONE, said Kyrie would let the world know he was bouncing and that wouldn’t turn out at all the way you expected it to. Which is exactly what has happened.
    Even with the advantage of hindsight, no logical person can say that it was not the right move for management to wait until the summer to take all offers rather than be railroaded by one team 10 days prior to the deadline. This allowed all teams to formulate offers and explore multi-team deals and just as importantly allow much more flexibility to make a deal with respect to roster sizes and salary cap. So, I am not sure why you continue to pound your chest and claim you were right.,

Wish you could tell the future of this trade so we can know what is going to happen.

Even with the advantage of hindsight, no logical person can say that it was not the right move for management to wait until the summer to take all offers rather than be railroaded by one team 10 days prior to the deadline. This allowed all teams to formulate offers and explore multi-team deals and just as importantly allow much more flexibility to make a deal with respect to roster sizes and salary cap. So, I am not sure why you continue to pound your chest and claim you were right.,
    I value Lakers players more than how they’re trashed here. Getting all of Kuzma/Zubac/Ingram/Lonzo plus 2 future first round picks, IMO, was ALWAYS going to be more than anyone was willing to offer, no matter how long we waited.

I’ve sold real assets before. There is always a theoretical better offer out there, but when you can get a good deal and good value, you always take it. Especially when you know you can’t hold the asset indefinitely waiting for that better offer that may or may not materialize.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Skip Bayless. He tweeted that Griffin should do the deal with L.A. BUT make them PAY. Give him everything. Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, the #4 and whatever else.

So.....Zach Lowe is reporting the Bulls would do LaVine for the 4th pick.

Even if not reliable, just to give us new convo, how you guys feel about LaVine?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information