Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery Thread

NY talking heads are going full Tommen from the rooftops.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    NY talking heads are going full Tommen from the rooftops.
    Boooooy Stephen A Smith is gonna be ON FIRE tomorrow!! Bahahahahha
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I'm in shock. This is amazing. I love Zion and I hope we get some good pieces to put with him. Imagine a Boston deal with Tatum/Smart and we trot out Okafor/Zion/Tatum/Jrue/Smart. I think that team has great potential on both ends.
    Don't forget Julius Randle the other Kentucky guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Don't forget Julius Randle the other Kentucky guy.
    Catch Alvin Gentry running an offense with Okafor, Zion, and Randle all on the floor at the same time, with all three of them parked behind the three point line.

Yeah. I still want Randle and Payton.

But I do note and appreciate your sarcasm. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This shows full on tanking is no longer worth it. Not just us but how the top 4 played out.
    Exactly! Freaking awesome though! Griff is the luck charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Catch Alvin Gentry running an offense with Okafor, Zion, and Randle all on the floor at the same time, with all three of them parked behind the three point line.
    LOL, I was thinking this earlier but thought it was too soon! Over/under on how long before Gentry announces he has Zion working on his 3?

Man......**** these four dudes on ESPN. They've been crying about their NYhomerism and dogging NOLA for 30 min. Go home and cry yourself to sleep tonight, losers.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What I find really funny!! Is all of the whiney babies that we weren’t taking right! LoL!! Maybe we should have lost 2 more games..
    Should've fired Gentry for not sitting Ian Clark when he got hot. Or whatever that noise was.

But enough. They wanted what we all want. We wanted our team to get great players. Now we have everything in front of us we need. The best player in the draft, ours for the taking. And the single best trade piece in the entire league ready to reap a windfall.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    LOL, I was thinking this earlier but thought it was too soon! Over/under on how long before Gentry announces he has Zion working on his 3?
    I mean, Zion is not an elite shooter by ANY means, but he was showing signs of improvement towards the end of the season and the ability to shoot to at least a decent rate is important in today's game. He SHOULD be working on it at least a little bit.

But he shouldn't be taking 5+ a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Should've fired Gentry for not sitting Ian Clark when he got hot. Or whatever that noise was.

But enough. They wanted what we all want. We wanted our team to get great players. Now we have everything in front of us we need. The best player in the draft, ours for the taking. And the single best trade piece in the entire league ready to reap a windfall.
    It's one of those things. We got extremely lucky tonight, so suddenly all the tanking discussion looks stupid in retrospect.

But if we'd slipped up and we were picking 8th, then the same people who thought tanking was pointless then would be cursing the fact that we didn't lose an extra few games tonight.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I felt just like I did in 2012. I hope they do what they want to do. If they want them to play together, fine.

ALVIN GENTRY IS ME. I AM HIM.

It's one of those things. We got extremely lucky tonight, so suddenly all the tanking discussion looks stupid in retrospect.

But if we'd slipped up and we were picking 8th, then the same people who thought tanking was pointless then would be cursing the fact that we didn't lose an extra few games tonight.

Hindsight is 20/20.
    Not in this spot it isn't. I said then, that it's pointless to freak out. Let things happen. Trying to game reality. To game fate, doesn't guarantee anything. Everything we did, put us exactly where we ended up. For good or bad.

My whole point back then was to stop freaking out so much when we could still come out ahead just as things were.

That tie needs to be hung up in the same trophy case as our future NBA Titles!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Boooooy Stephen A Smith is gonna be ON FIRE tomorrow!! Bahahahahha

LMFAOOOOOOOO

Hindsight is 20/20.
    I disagree on this. Having the Pels, Griz and Lakers in the top 4 just confirms winning or losing one or two games doesn't really matter that much anymore with the new weighting of the lottery. Honestly, it has the desired outcome to prevent tanking just for the sake of seeking a better pick.

Hindsight is 20/20.
    You and the ifs!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You and the ifs!!
    Grow up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

We honestly gotta stop teaching these kids that it's "big market or bust." It's awful optics.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

LMFAOOOOOOOO
    That opening silence, and then the immediate, multi-pitched ''DAAAAYMMNNNN!!!'' is the funniest thing I've heard in a week. That's a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    We honestly gotta stop teaching these kids that it's "big market or bust." It's awful optics.
    Honestly don't think Zion will be as big a diva as to do that. Listening to his interviews over the last six months, he's seemed pretty mature, fairly intelligent, and has said multiple times that he's willing to play for whoever drafts him. Obviously if we screw things up and in 5 years he's never been to the playoffs, maybe he'll want to leave, but I feel like he'll give us a chance.

Thread Information