Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RIC BUCHER Report: Pelicans admitted Lakers trade offer "was pretty attractive"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Must be a Lakers fan. I’ll take the smart money and go with my original opinion. I implore you to call me out when A team with Ingram and Ball In it’s top 3 contributors even wins a playoff series. Both players will never be more than low to mid level starters on bad teams. If David Griffin trades AD for Ingram and Ball, it’s still a terrible trade. Also, I would lose all respect for David Griffin’s team building capabilities.
    I never said Ball would be in a top 3. I do think Ball could be a very solid starting PG as the 4th-5th option. Possible he becomes better then that but for me it’s not the talent but the drama that comes with him that simply isn’t worth it for us which is why I would try and flip him. There will be teams that believe in him and will give up something. Move Ball and some of our 1st round picks that we have from the Lakers for Beal and we have a team ready to compete now that could be deadly in a year. With Ball and 6 1st round draft picks we will have plenty of options that Griffin can source out there to get us a deal wether it be Beal or someone else. You just stated how you liked Kuzma who would be in the deal as well. Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Kuzma is a core you can build around like the Nuggets and Blazers.. Kuzma is another piece we can move. The Lakers trade is valuable to us for more reasons then just what the initial deal looks like. Lots of options we have in this scenario.

Yes I do believe Ingram is going to develop into the 2nd/3rd option on a serious contender. No he’s not there right now but in a year or 2 this kid will look like a completely different player. Now he has the talent to be the #1 but I don’t think he gets there and ideally we would have someone else. I don’t think you have to have some clear superstar to win in the NBA but can build something similar to the Sixers with pieces that fit better together and still win. Look at Denver as well as another team to model after. The Blazers are near the same team we just swept. I think the NBA will even out much more over the next few years as well with the path to an NBA championship a little more wide open.

That’s fine with your opinion on Griffin if he trades with the Lakers but just like Griffin many others would have a different opinion on that scenario as well.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-10-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So you know what you are talking about but not David Griffin? Makes complete sense. We must have hired an absolute idiot just putting it nicely since he has stated he believes Ingram is a cornerstone piece. These guys can’t be legitimate contributors? Now if you wanna say Ingram won’t be a super star.. Go ahead that’s not some bold statement when their are how many super stars? I’ll be on him becoming an all star caliber player next season. Ball again is not some bold statement saying he won’t be something. He is already one of the best defensive PGs in the league. He is a solid jumper away from being a star and if that never develops you have a 6’6 Rondo. Now I’m not a Ball fan but it’s a little foolish for anybody to claim someone doesn’t know what they are talking about because they believe at 21 and 20 year old kid still can develop into very good players. The ones around here that want to act like they have the only opinions that matter are the ones that don’t really know what they are talking about. That’s ok cause time will make some people look very very foolish on this topic..
    When did Griffin say that? When he was on Sirius/XM he criticized the Lakers offer as simply not good enough. Ingram's medical issue alone now makes him too much of a risk to be a significant piece of a trade.

Ric Bucher is trash words. I'd trust more basketball insight from Whoopi Goldberg.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    When did Griffin say that? When he was on Sirius/XM he criticized the Lakers offer as simply not good enough. Ingram's medical issue alone now makes him too much of a risk to be a significant piece of a trade.
    When did Griff say that about Ingram? Don’t remember exactly when he said it but he absolutely talked about Ingram as a young rising star and cornerstone for a franchise. It’s been talked about here a few times as well regarding his comments. I don’t remember him saying the deal wasn’t good enough but I do remember him saying it wasn’t the right time to make the trade until the summer. I think I’ll leave Ingram being to risky for a trade up to a heart Dr. My sister in law is a hear Dr and as she told me these are usually complete non issues that do not impract anything for the rest of their life especially with how early he caught it.. It could be a problem but for anyone to say he isn’t a significant trade piece all the sudden is a reach but your opinion. I’m pretty sure they will do every test possible to make sure the main trade piece acquired in that deal is good to go. If the Docs give him the green light then I’m going with them. If they don’t give the go ahead then no they no we should not be interested. As of now he has had successful surgery to remove a blood clot and is expected to be ready for next season.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-11-2019 at 10:54 PM.

When did Griff say that about Ingram? Don’t remember exactly when he said it but he absolutely talked about Ingram as a young rising star and cornerstone for a franchise. It’s been talked about here a few times as well regarding his comments. I don’t remember him saying the deal wasn’t good enough but I do remember him saying it wasn’t the right time to make the trade until the summer. I think I’ll leave Ingram being to risky for a trade up to a heart Dr. My sister in law is a hear Dr and as she told me these are usually complete non issues that do not impract anything for the rest of their life especially with how early he caught it.. It could be a problem but for anyone to say he isn’t a significant trade piece all the sudden is a reach but your opinion. I’m pretty sure they will do every test possible to make sure the main trade piece acquired in that deal is good to go. If the Docs give him the green light then I’m going with them. If they don’t give the go ahead then no they no we should not be interested. As of now he has had successful surgery to remove a blood clot and is expected to be ready for next season.
    Ingram had a blood clot. Your sister may be referring to it not being an issue for a normal person. For an athlete it is a huge deal. He cannot play on blood thinners. My understanding is that if he can get past this one fine and not have to be on blood thinners long term, it may not be an issue. However, a second one would require blood thinners long term and likely end his career (i.e. Bosh). At his young age, that is a risk. Way too big a risk for any team to take as the primary piece in a blockbuster deal.

My question with regards to Griffin's comments about Ingram was to determine when it was said (i.e. before the clot).

Conspiracy theory confirmed: Hiring Nelson to monitor the long-term heath of Ingram. We are trading with the Lakers. j/k

Ingram’s condition as I have been told is nowhere even similar to what Bosh had. Blood clot in a much safer area that was caught way earlier. As I said Ingram should be perfectly fine to start the season and nothing has been said otherwise. She obviously has a pretty good understanding he is an athlete and how it works since she works for an NFL team. Nothing suggest Ingram will be on blood thinners for any extended period.

Ingram’s condition as I have been told is nowhere even similar to what Bosh had. Blood clot in a much safer area that was caught way earlier. As I said Ingram should be perfectly fine to start the season and nothing has been said otherwise. She obviously has a pretty good understanding he is an athlete and how it works since she works for an NFL team. Nothing suggest Ingram will be on blood thinners for any extended period.
    I mean that's great for Ingram however it doesn't reduce or minimize the fact that 1 single additional blood clog and his career is over. Like, finished, done. You cannot deny that the risk of trading for him or that his value has taken a significant hit due to the blood clot.

As I said, if he has a second one, it may require blood thinners long term. Still too big of a risk.

Thread Information