Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Give Randle an extension!

Give Randle an extension!

He has won me over. Keep Randle here! 3 years 60 million!

I’m in! Do it Big!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    He has won me over. Keep Randle here! 3 years 60 million!

I’m in! Do it Big!
    What tha ? 20 million per? Stop smoking, man. That is batcra# crazy.
    First , he would have to opt out for us to do something that dumb.
    Second- if another team is that oblivious to give him 20 mill, then See Ya, Julius .
    15 mill MaX & I'm not even certain that I'd give him that much.
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-24-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    What tha ? 20 million per? Stop smoking, man. That is batcra# crazy.
    First , he would have to opt out for us to do something that dumb.
    Second- if another team is that oblivious to give him 20 mill, then See Ya, Julius .
    15 mill MaX & I'm not even certain that I'd give him that much.
    Agreed

I'm pretty sure 13 - 3 got this idea from Fletch, who's tweeting about wanting to give Randle the exact same 3/60 deal.

It's an awful move. Randle doesn't play defense and can be an occasional black hole on offense. He's very good offensively, no question, but his game has a lot of.big holes I'm not sure he's interested in addressing. Obviously he's young so if we can get him cheap, I can understand wanting to take that chance, but $20m per? No way.

I'd offer him 3/40 and that's the limit. $13m per, the Solomon Hill rate. Let's not start overpaying this soon into a rebuild again.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Agreed

I'm pretty sure 13 - 3 got this idea from Fletch, who's tweeting about wanting to give Randle the exact same 3/60 deal.

It's an awful move. Randle doesn't play defense and can be an occasional black hole on offense. He's very good offensively, no question, but his game has a lot of.big holes I'm not sure he's interested in addressing. Obviously he's young so if we can get him cheap, I can understand wanting to take that chance, but $20m per? No way.

I'd offer him 3/40 and that's the limit. $13m per, the Solomon Hill rate. Let's not start overpaying this soon into a rebuild again.

I’m fine with that. 3/40 -3/45 would be good too

$20 a year is too high. Somewhere in the $12-$15 range is more than fair for a guy who isn’t a player on both ends. More than that and you will never get out from purgatory.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Randle scores a lot so people are enamored with him. Truth is his defense is a lot worse than what I thought coming into the year. Personally the most I'd give him is 12m/yr and maybe a 2 year deal. That gives us his full bird rights and we can see how his game improves.

But I'm interested in what the new GM wants. If he wants to move on from Randle, I'm perfectly good with it.

I'd rather Mirotic.
    I think he fits better with a:

Smart
    Holiday
    Tatum
    Mirotic
    Okafor

Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'd rather Mirotic.
    I think he fits better with a:

Smart
    Holiday
    Tatum
    Mirotic
    Okafor

Lineup
    Mirotic moved on to better things. Seriously how did Milwaukee surpass us? We are supposed to be better than the Bucks!

Mirotic moved on to better things. Seriously how did Milwaukee surpass us? We are supposed to be better than the Bucks!
    They didn't mortgage their future? They believe in the draft and it paided even with two high priced bust.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Only way you give him that much money is if you can't make something else happen with that cap space. And even then, you make him give you a non-guaranteed 2nd year on that deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Yo Fletcher just tweeted that like a few hours ago. Are you Fletcher?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Yo Fletcher just tweeted that like a few hours ago. Are you Fletcher?
    But y’all don’t read or listen to Fletcher.........Wait a minute

How bout 3 years at 13.

Wait, even that's too much

Mirotic won't sign with the Bucks.
    They have to pay Middleton the max.

Randle is probably going to get around $20mil per this offseason. He's a 20ppg/9rpg PF with ball handling and post skills who is up to 35% from 3pt land. I mean he's a great offensive player. he's a net positive player on a losing team. You can put Randle next to a Clint Capela / JaVale McGee / Mitchel Robinson type and have a good front court. I think the Pels would be stupid not to bring him back. Whether they financially can get him is another question.

I'm a big fan of Randle's. He is a bucket getter, every team needs at least one guy you can just give the ball to and get out of his way. Sometimes when team is in a rut you just need someone to bully ball a basket. Julius can do that.

I'm on the resign bandwagon, I wouldn't be upset with 20mil/per, I think the huge amount of cap space floating around the league this year will mean some B grade FA's get A grade money. Randle might be one of those guys.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Randle is probably going to get around $20mil per this offseason. He's a 20ppg/9rpg PF with ball handling and post skills who is up to 35% from 3pt land. I mean he's a great offensive player. he's a net positive player on a losing team. You can put Randle next to a Clint Capela / JaVale McGee / Mitchel Robinson type and have a good front court. I think the Pels would be stupid not to bring him back. Whether they financially can get him is another question.

I'm a big fan of Randle's. He is a bucket getter, every team needs at least one guy you can just give the ball to and get out of his way. Sometimes when team is in a rut you just need someone to bully ball a basket. Julius can do that.

I'm on the resign bandwagon, I wouldn't be upset with 20mil/per, I think the huge amount of cap space floating around the league this year will mean some B grade FA's get A grade money. Randle might be one of those guys.
    Don't need Randle if we have Zion!

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post

Then he can get it from someone else.

Randle is a good bucket getter, there's no question, but can a team that's planning to rebuild give $20m per year, for multiple years, to a one-way player? And a one way player with a dubious skill-set: yes, he's expanded his shot this season out to behind the arc, but it's not like he's got a strong back-catalogue of doing that. This is his first year shooting better than 28% from distance. It would not be the first team that a player had an uncharacteristically strong shooting season, and then regressed again. I'm not saying that definitely will happen, but I'm saying that we can't exactly pencil him in as a sharpshooter.

Say you bring back Randle for $20m a season, for 3 seasons. Say he averages 18 points and 9 rebounds next season, on something like 51% from the floor and 32% from three. With a similar lack of defense to this year.

Is that a good deal? Is that a price you would happily pay for maybe 18/9 on solid-but-not-great percentages for a one way only player?

For comparison, paying him $20m next season would be the same roughly the same price as Victor Oladipo, Kyrie Irving, and Jimmy Butler got paid this season. Is he as good as Victor Oladipo, or Jimmy Butler? Kyrie Irving is a one way player too, but is Randle as good on offense as Kyrie Irving?

You might say, ''Oh, but Pelicanidae, you know who else is getting paid $20m this season? Danilo Gallinari, and Aaron Gordon, and Randle is better than those guys!'' Yeah, and those guys are dumb overpays. Do you want to be the one doing the dumb overpay?

I dont think a lot of Randle but Id throw him a 4 year deal if its less than 60 million. We arent doing anything with that cap space for a while anyway. Might as well see if he can become something, the holes in his game are fixable with a good coach. Most of his issues are between the ears.

I'd rather give Niko 20m/yr instead of Randle. I wonder if either will actually get that much this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You might say, ''Oh, but Pelicanidae, you know who else is getting paid $20m this season? Danilo Gallinari, and Aaron Gordon, and Randle is better than those guys!'' Yeah, and those guys are dumb overpays. Do you want to be the one doing the dumb overpay?
    I don't remember a time where we haven't been that guy

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't remember a time where we haven't been that guy
    Well exactly, I'd kinda like it if we stopped being that guy and started making good moves in the future.

randle is a 20-10 guy who can also stretch the floor, he's worth 15mil a year easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    randle is a 20-10 guy who can also stretch the floor, he's worth 15mil a year easy.
    Randle is a one way player. He's shooting 34% from deep for the first time in his career, which is pretty good and an improvement, but it's not exactly the kind of player I'd count as reliably ''stretching the floor''.

He has never averaged 20/10 in his career, including this season.

Randle is an awful defensive player, without a high IQ.

What Randle IS good at: scoring, particularly within 10 feet of the basket, and being a tough-spot bucket getter. He's also a solid rebounder, although only defensively: he doesn't offensively rebound at all. That's it.

If you want to give away huge chunks of long term money to a guy with precisely 2 skills, only one of which he can perform at an elite level (inside scoring), then fine, but it doesn't scream ''long term planning to win''.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd be ok with Randle at the right price for sure.

What are the opinions about Elfrid Payton, and if you want to resign him, how much would you pay him?

Randle at about $12 - $14 million a year would be fine. He is young and still improving on the offensive end. I am not sure if he will ever be an average or better defender.

Thread Information