Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis 'Never Wanted' Trade Request Public; 'It's My Time'

News Anthony Davis 'Never Wanted' Trade Request Public; 'It's My Time'

For the first time since his trade request went public on Monday, New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis talked to reporters on Friday.

"You don't know how long you'll play this game," Davis said, per Chris Hagan of Fox 8. "Feel like I'm in my prime and playing at an elite level. I want to take advantage of that."

According to Andrew Lopez of the Times-Picayune, Davis revealed that his camp "never wanted it to go public" but that a reporter called his agent, Rich Paul, and approached the subject.

Speculation about Davis potentially leaving New Orleans began when he joined Paul and Klutch Sports back in September. However, he told reporters on Friday that he didn't switch representation with the intent of forcing his way out of town.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ic-its-my-time

''I didn't intent for the trade request to go public, but then someone asked and my agent just spilled everything like Kevin with the chili.''
    Basketball.

Honestly, I’m not even mad at him. Paul’s incompetence in this scenario gave us an opportunity to not only shut him down, but also to have multiple offers prepared for the offseason. I don’t buy this PR rubbish one bit- sorry AD. I don’t hold it against you either.

Of course he didn't. In other news, AD also wanted to be able to place all of the blame on his agent.

They never wanted to go public BUT A REPORTER CALLED AND APPROACHED THE SUBJECT. Well, yeah, I mean you HAVE to let it out when that happens. Good grief. Good one with The Office reference, Peli.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 02-01-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Well, either he's lying or he's just now learning that he signed a snake for an agent.

I honestly had a thought that he seems a bit naive and didn't realize what he was getting himself into by signing with Paul. The more I hear about it, the more I'm convinced that's the case. Ultimately, its actually what he wanted but it seems far from the way he wanted it to go down.

What harm would it have done to play out the season and announce afterwards that he wasn't resigning? I know there's the injury risk and the fact that Dell would likely have made a move to make the team better but do any of you think Rich Paul was being altruistic towards the Pelicans by "accidentally" letting it out when a reporter called and asked?

The NBA is a broken league.

Every league has their flaws, the NBA’s inability to not stack decks is theirs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Interesting. There was a report that Kyrie was most irritated with the Klutch Sports camp for getting his name involved. Kyrie and AD are boys. It would make him even more irritated if AD told him he didn't like how Klutch did him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

They need drastic changes to the CBA. Who knows what would help. Possibly something like no team can have more than two players that each use more than 30% (or some other percentage) of the cap. Only two players on max deals then the third highest can only be 18% or something like that. It wouldn't stop things like Boogie to the Warriors but it sure would make it tough to make a big three. There could be exceptions for teams that drafted the players because good drafting should be rewarded.

I don't know but it's definitely broken right now. The supermax is a joke

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I’m ready for him to be gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    They need drastic changes to the CBA. Who knows what would help. Possibly something like no team can have more than two players that each use more than 30% (or some other percentage) of the cap. Only two players on max deals then the third highest can only be 18% or something like that. It wouldn't stop things like Boogie to the Warriors but it sure would make it tough to make a big three. There could be exceptions for teams that drafted the players because good drafting should be rewarded.

The NBA is a strange league in that it seems like fans are super team, star player, or just NBA fans than individual team fans. Maybe that's just my anecdotal view from living in this area but it seems like the NBA does better nationally with having this big market super teams as opposed to having parity where the small market can win.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I would be too if Boston could deal now. I'll just wait til July 1.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The NBA is a strange league in that it seems like fans are super team, star player, or just NBA fans than individual team fans. Maybe that's just my anecdotal view from living in this area but it seems like the NBA does better nationally with having this big market super teams as opposed to having parity where the small market can win.
    But we don't actually know that because its never had parity.

True.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Yep. And the league isn't gonna do a damn thing about it.

Me too. Well mroe ready to just move on. Don't want to trade him at the deadline unless it's the Knicks.

Basketball Guru
    well someone lying....its reports that came out that said paul been wanted to come out and make it public that AD was not going to sign the max but it was AD that held back from making it public at that time.....

and i can get with the its my time comment but you are still under contract with us for a year and a half so its not your time to leave now....so his loyalty should be with us now and not his daddy lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Me too. Well mroe ready to just move on. Don't want to trade him at the deadline unless it's the Knicks.
    The Knicks? For what... a chance at the 1st pick? A lottery ticket that isn't even weighted as heavy as it used to be due to the new system. If you want to go that route, why not just wait until after the lottery to see if the Knicks win the top pick? I don't know about you, but I don't factor in Power Ball tickets into my retirement plan.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    The Knicks? For what... a chance at the 1st pick? A lottery ticket that isn't even weighted as heavy as it used to be due to the new system. If you want to go that route, why not just wait until after the lottery to see if the Knicks win the top pick? I don't know about you, but I don't factor in Power Ball tickets into my retirement plan.
    You misunderstand me. All I meant was the ONLY trade I could see having a possibility of happening at the deadline is New York.

The package would be something like Knox, Frank, Mudiay, both Dallas picks, and a couple unprotected picks from New York starting in 2019.

Basketball Guru
    me too...im just frustrated that i have to listen to the media bull and wait til 5 or 6 months for it to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post

It needs PARITY . Like the NFL has . A franchise tag or some way for the LEAGUE to just a lil control superstar players movement . And the NBA needs it 10 times more than anyother pro sports league cause 1-2 players can make every difference

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-isaiah-thomas

How hypocritical it is of his dad to talk about loyalty after his son strong arms the franchise to demand a trade to leave. Goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

How hypocritical it is of his dad to talk about loyalty after his son strong arms the franchise to demand a trade to leave. Goes both ways.
    Of course. But they won't see it that way.

Yep. The more he talks, the stupider him and his camp look. Now we have his Dad having a go at Boston for the 'loyalty' they displayed with IT. Probably not the right card to play there dad.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

No kidding. For people who value loyalty, you'd think their son wouldn't quit on a team midway through the season, thereby letting his teammates know he doesn't think they're good enough to win, and, then, try to strongarm his current franchise into taking the worst available trade offer. It's this type of mindset by the modern NBA athlete that has fans burning jerseys.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I said it immediately. The more AD talks, the more he’ll look worse.

He’s saving face like a reconstructive surgeon.

Thread Information