Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, butt he said everyone but Kyrie is available, not how many he would be willing to give up. He could make everyone available, but tell the Pels to select one of them.
    I guess you're right, he could, but not if he wanted to be seen as acting in good faith. Telling us that everyone is available, be patient, wait for months, and then turning around and saying ''a-a-a! I only meant ONE of them'' is a real troll's move, and while I don't put that past Ainge, he doesn't have the leverage here.
    Basketball.

When you really think about it....Kawhi.
    , PG13, now AD.....I don't know why these guys are even making these demands. They're 0 for 3. KD and James wait until teams can't get any value for their departure.....which is even worse. But go, Gayle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I guess you're right, he could, but not if he wanted to be seen as acting in good faith. Telling us that everyone is available, be patient, wait for months, and then turning around and saying ''a-a-a! I only meant ONE of them'' is a real troll's move, and while I don't put that past Ainge, he doesn't have the leverage here.
    Also, then we be petty and take a slightly lesser deal. Like the Knicks, if offered. Which is debatable of it IS lesser. Even waiting on Ainge, we are very much cemented in that driver's seat

Apparently this is the latest from LA. Pretty much the same offer, except I don't know why they put ''number 1 pick'', the Lakers don't HAVE the number 1 pick, and don't have very good odds of GETTING the number 1 pick.

Edit: also those players still suck

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Apparently this is the latest from LA. Pretty much the same offer, except I don't know why they put ''number 1 pick'', the Lakers don't HAVE the number 1 pick, and don't have very good odds of GETTING the number 1 pick.

Edit: also those players still suck
    Josh Hart >>>>> Lonzo.

And I just don't like Ingram.

I just enjoy the public tantrum the Lakers are going through right now. A franchise that's been historically handed everything finally being denied what they want and they're just having a freak-out about it.

Lakers: *offers their platter of mediocre players*
    Dell: Nah
    Lakers: *offers their platter of mediocre players and picks*
    Lakers: *offers their platter of mediocre players and picks, but really hard this time*
    Lakers: *offers their same offer for the fourth time, but this time they really mean it!*
    Dell: Huh? Oh, uhhhh.... nah

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Josh Hart >>>>> Lonzo.

And I just don't like Ingram.
    Agreed on both counts.

Lol. Two local guys on Houston radio predicting we trade AD to the Cavs for Love and their 2019 1st.

Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Lol. Two local guys on Houston radio predicting we trade AD to the Cavs for Love and their 2019 1st.

Woof.
    lol

I mean. I guess it should be a top pick. Combine that with ours and you have a decent rebuild. And Love's would be not horrible to a tanking rebuild. But that's not enough picks/assets......

I mean. I guess it should be a top pick. Combine that with ours and you have a decent rebuild. And Love's would be not horrible to a tanking rebuild. But that's not enough picks/assets......
    Due to the new lottery rules it's got no more chance of being first than the Knicks pick, and that comes with Knox and potentially Porzingis as well. Love is 31 by the start of next season, has $120m left on his contract through till 2023, and is very injury prone and has had back problems for like 3 years. It would be a really bad trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Woof.
    They'd have to throw in Sexton too, and even then I can't see that being enough. It would be funny though.

Due to the new lottery rules it's got no more chance of being first than the Knicks pick, and that comes with Knox and potentially Porzingis as well. Love is 31 by the start of next season, has $120m left on his contract through till 2023, and is very injury prone and has had back problems for like 3 years. It would be a really bad trade.
    Yeah. I would assume the idea wouldn't be to win but to tank with Love in their line of thinking.

Yeah. I would assume the idea wouldn't be to win but to tank with Love in their line of thinking.
    Yep, and if your plan is to tear things down and rebuild then you take the Boston trade and tank yourself to maximise your own pick. Saves you the big contract years from now.

Basketball Guru
    dallas making trade with knicks for Porzingis right now......hartaway and lee to dallas....jordan,,dennis smith,,wes matt to the knicks

There goes Knicks out of the AD race

By a show of hands, does anyone not demand to be traded?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball Guru
    i wonder if we can get harrison barnes from them to lock up our SF position and use the AD trade to add to him and jrue......jrue,,,barnes,,niko would nice to build around with the AD trade...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    By a show of hands, does anyone not demand to be traded?
    *slowly raises hand*

Ah-

Ah-

AH-CHOO!

*lowers hand*

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    There goes Knicks out of the AD race
    Not necessarily. They still have their 1st and Dallas is sending pick/s back too. They have the space to just absorb AD's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Not necessarily. They still have their 1st and Dallas is sending pick/s back too. They have the space to just absorb AD's contract.
    get those 3 back plus Knox and the pick wouldn't be bad at all

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    so i guess the knicks is not tanking for the 1st pick because they will win games with the players they are getting from dallas or am i missing something?..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so i guess the knicks is not tanking for the 1st pick because they will win games with the players they are getting from dallas or am i missing something?..
    They tanking hard for the 1st. Jordan and Matthews ain't winning no games.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    get those 3 back plus Knox and the pick wouldn't be bad at all

Knox, Dennis Smith Jr, 1st overall pick, plus whatever pick they get from Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Knox, Dennis Smith Jr, 1st overall pick, plus whatever pick they get from Dallas.
    I think they'd add atleast one more guy plus the picks

Thread Information