Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demps says LeBron is Tampering

Demps says LeBron is Tampering

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...vis-tampering/

I think it is s good move by Demps in this chess game

I hope something comes of this.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    About time someone calls LeBron out on his BS for once. Glad it's Dell to do it.

I'm so sick and tired of the media and the "big dogs" of this joke of a league bullying us. It's so freaking draining as a fan.

Players can't "tamper" only front office personnel. If Demps would have done his job better it wouldn't be a problem.

Anthony Davis is aware of LeBron James’ fawning comments to ESPN about him this week, but Davis is doing his best to block out all the noise about his contract situation with the New Orleans Pelicans. “I don’t really care,” Davis told ESPN of James’ comments Wednesday night after the Pelicans’ 123-115 loss to the Bucks. “Obviously, it’s cool to hear any high-caliber player say they want to play with me. But my job is to turn this team around. If we’re 15-17, that means I’m not doing my job.” – via ESPN

Davis has consistently said he would like to remain in New Orleans, and he declined to commit either way about the possibility of New Orleans offering him the supermax. “When that time comes, of course we will see,” Davis said. “I love my teammates. I love New Orleans. I love the fans. I talk their slang. I love their food.” – via ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Players can't "tamper" only front office personnel. If Demps would have done his job better it wouldn't be a problem.
    How do you stop something like this?

Demps has been tinkering for last 8 years. I don't see how this turns out well for our franchise.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Of course it is 100% tampering. However, in this 2nd rate joke of a league. it is allowed if you are a player rather than management. So, instead of Magic saying it, the league allows him to let Lebron do the dirty work. The NBA is such a joke. When Lebron wanted Chandler on the Lakers, he just called his friend in the Suns front office and suddenly, for no reason, Chandler is bought out early and declares his allegiance to the Lakers before the deal is even done. Lebron even publicly states that he would love to work with James Jones at some point.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Of course it is 100% tampering. However, in this 2nd rate joke of a league. it is allowed if you are a player rather than management. So, instead of Magic saying it, the league allows him to let Lebron do the dirty work. The NBA is such a joke. When Lebron wanted Chandler on the Lakers, he just called his friend in the Suns front office and suddenly, for no reason, Chandler is bought out early and declares his allegiance to the Lakers before the deal is even done. Lebron even publicly states that he would love to work with James Jones at some point.
    Worst league in sports. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Worst league in sports. Not even close.
    No that's fifa. But the NFL is a close second. The NBA has its issues but it's nowhere near the same level as those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No that's fifa. But the NFL is a close second. The NBA has its issues but it's nowhere near the same level as those two.
    You're right on FIFA. The NBA sucks but at least it's not hosting the next NBA Finals in an arena built on the de facto graveyard of hundreds of literal slaves.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    How do you stop something like this?
    Put together a contender and none of this talk would exist.

Put together a contender and none of this talk would exist.
    I’m being serious here. I do think Demps is trying to give Davis more help with more star power. I’m hoping it is John Wall or Cousins. Well Cousins kind of made his own bed so he might be out for now. Maybe Beal? Something tells me Dell has something up his sleeve. Im not counting him out.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    I’m being serious here. I do think Demps is trying to give Davis more help with more star power. I’m hoping it is John Wall or Cousins. Well Cousins kind of made his own bed so he might be out for now. Maybe Beal? Something tells me Dell has something up his sleeve. Im not counting him out.
    I agree and I'm ok with giving up multiple first to get Beal. Worst case he and jrue are what we build our future on. Most teams have done a lot worse. I'd like Beal and Porter but we'd have to scalp our team to make that happen but our top 6 would look great.
    Jrue, Elfrid
    Beal, Frank
    Porter, K Williams
    Randle
    Davis, Okafor

AD is represented by LBJ’s company. He has nothing but access to AD. Lbj’s Statement was to get people talking. He can just pick up his phone and call him. Lbj does this stuff because it’ll get a million clicks.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    AD is represented by LBJ’s company. He has nothing but access to AD. Lbj’s Statement was to get people talking. He can just pick up his phone and call him. Lbj does this stuff because it’ll get a million clicks.
    I guess I can see why Kyrie,Pat Riley got sick of him.

Like a lot fo stuff said in this thread, that is false. Players are not immune from league tampering rules.

I read the clause in the CBA that addresses what fine if any can be imposed on LBJ. $50,000.00!!! It was worth probably 10 times that in media coverage. IT IS/WAS TAMPERING, but even if the league declares as such, for him and Lakers money well spent.

The double standards here are hilarious. Would your reaction be the same if the roles were flipped and AD said something like this? And how many of y'all were begging for AD to recruit FA's here the past few years? This kind of thing is why the NBA is consistently fascinating. The personalities and the games being played off the floor. If you don't enjoy this type of thing, then why even follow this league?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The double standards here are hilarious. Would your reaction be the same if the roles were flipped and AD said something like this? And how many of y'all were begging for AD to recruit FA's here the past few years? This kind of thing is why the NBA is consistently fascinating. The personalities and the games being played off the floor. If you don't enjoy this type of thing, then why even follow this league?
    How fans react on either side has nothing to do with league rules on this stuff. And there is the fact that it's the Lakers trying to poach a smaller market's best player. And I've never seen a player openly 'recruit' another team's best player in mass media like that.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-20-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Like a lot fo stuff said in this thread, that is false. Players are not immune from league tampering rules.
    I'm pretty sure players can recruit other players as publicly as they like.

I'm pretty sure players can recruit other players as publicly as they like.
    Not while under contract, Yeah if between contracts. Unless I not understanding correctly the decision in the Paul George Pacers situation.

I wonder if he is at LeBron’s house right now?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

Davis has consistently said he would like to remain in New Orleans, and he declined to commit either way about the possibility of New Orleans offering him the supermax. “When that time comes, of course we will see,” Davis said. “I love my teammates. I love New Orleans. I love the fans. I talk their slang. I love their food.” – via ESPN
    He's staying sons

If AD stays, we will legitimately have only gumbo to thank.

Thread Information