Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

If we got Butler thoooo
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

Thats big in that Chandler was who Houston was targeting as a Ariza replacement.

Low key Houston may be taking a step back this season after losing Ariza and potentially Capela(though I suspect he comes back).

Did Chandler have a bad contract? Sixers just got him for free. We should’ve got him!! tf

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Did Chandler have a bad contract? Sixers just got him for free. We should’ve got him!! tf
    12.8 mil, UFA after this coming season i think

Basketball Guru
    Howard is signing with the wizards....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

So much for him being mad about Ullis getting gone.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

So much for him being mad about Ullis getting gone.
    He is Ray Allen 2.0.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    "Report: Jimmy Butler 'Fed Up' with 'Nonchalant' Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-anthony-towns
    This is something we need to go all in on. I would give up both draft picks, Diallo, and whatever else it would take to get him without losing our core. Butler would be such a good fit on the wing here. He is a Jrue Holiday at SF. We would have 3 elite defenders in Jrue, Butler, and AD along with 2 guys who are very good defenders as well in Payton and Randle. We would have he best defense in the league imo. Please make it happen Dell!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-03-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is something we need to go all in on. I would give up both draft picks and Diallo. Butler would be such a good fit on the wing here. Please make it happen Dell!!
    Jimmy Butler comes across as a big market guy. Bet he's in play for the Lakers next summer. Also heard he could be a target for the Knicks who have been clearing space for 2019.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Not to mention these are players being paid millions.

I understand not wanting to divulge strategic insight that may aid an opponent, but come on man, the culture of mistreating the press in sports is ridiculous. Everyone is trying to be Bill Parcells these days and it was rude then and it's rude now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Never understood why people like it so much when players are rude to interviewers. They love it when Rondo does it, they love when Westbrook does it, they even love when Pop does it.

Always irritated me. They're doing a job that people appreciate. Yes sometimes they ask stupid questions, but as long as the question isn't insulting or rude, then it's part of your job as a media of the NBA machine to answer half a dozen questions every now and then. You're not funny or clever for being rude to some poor idiot who's been sent out to collect three quotes for his article, you're just rude.
    I don’t see the problem with what Rondo said. He gave the reporter a quote to use. Bucket, well, water. I think most reporters are pariahs and have shown themselves to be such, so treating them as such (after the pester and annoy you) seems like fair play.

This isn’t Sarah Sanders to the press Corp, this is a dude that gave you what you really wanted. bon apatite!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is something we need to go all in on. I would give up both draft picks and Diallo. Butler would be such a good fit on the wing here. Please make it happen Dell!!
    Why not just offer them a half eaten poboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would go for broke and go all in on Jimmy teaming up with AD and Jrue. Talk about locking down all the phases (front court, wing, and back court). No one could score.
    I completely agree! This is a move if possible we need to do whatever it takes to get it done. He instantly gives us an elite defense with an elite defender at all 3 levels. On top of that our offense gets a big jolt with a 20+ ppg scorer who is a solid passer as well. He would help take some pressure off of Jrue similar to what Iggy did in Philly.

That was sooooo spot on

Truth
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Ha ha ha

That was great!

Why is it so quiet with J Parker?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Why is it so quiet with J Parker?
    Injuries probably scaring teams off.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Jimmy Butler comes across as a big market guy. Bet he's in play for the Lakers next summer. Also heard he could be a target for the Knicks who have been clearing space for 2019.
    Some people were saying Butler and Kyrie may join the Knicks or team up in the east somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Some people were saying Butler and Kyrie may join the Knicks or team up in the east somewhere....
    How many times have I heard a group of superstars teaming up in New York.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I don't particularly care about what they say they wanna do. Paul George was supposed to go to the Lakers.

But the way the NBA is shaping, I'd want to be in the east too.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't particularly care about what they say they wanna do. Paul George was supposed to go to the Lakers.

But the way the NBA is shaping, I'd want to be in the east too.

Yeah,,,a boatload of free agents will be available next season and the east may be their landing spot.....

Thread Information