Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Race for 8

The Race for 8

Somewhere to discuss the games related to the race for the 8th seed

Nuggets just beat the Nets by 20. Pels now 3 games back. Big game in Dallas tomorrow night

If you are trying to win at this point of a season, home win vs 9-win team is a must, so it's not that big of an accomplishment.

Edit: Nuggets face potential locker room problems, since they have too many rotation players all of a sudden. Gallinari wants as many minutes as possible with his upcoming FA and Chandler is on record as wanting out, if he's not starting. Arthur is a good soldier, but he's not the guy, whose minutes they'd want to cut all the way to 0.
    Last edited by Gilles; 02-25-2017 at 07:47 AM.

If the Pelicans are worth anything, these next 2 games should be Ws. OKC is just not a very good team although the new additions made them better. Westbrook is by FAR the MVP keeping having that team where it is.

If OKC isn't very good but they are well in the playoffs, what does that make us?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

But, OKC is good. So there's that. Pre-Boogie if you took ad off our team and Russ of theirs we get beat by 30. Adams, Kanter, Oladipo are all very good.

I don't trust Gentry's coaching to get us to the 8th seed. The team is too inconsistent under him. Something just seems off about this team, they just seem like they're going through the motions sometimes with not a care in the world. I really hope they can prove me wrong.

Honestly, I see us going 2-3 for the first 5 games as they figure things out. Bringing big talents to play together takes time but then we are going to hit a few winning streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Honestly, I see us going 2-3 for the first 5 games as they figure things out. Bringing big talents to play together takes time but then we are going to hit a few winning streaks.
    How dare you try and take a balanced view of this situation! It's much easier to just say Dell and Gentry are stupid.

The Warriors lost by 29 their first game after an entire summer together. Early on they lost to the Lakers by double digits.

Whenever you are trying to add a superstar while also changing your offense, defense, and rotations it takes time. Once the emotion of the situation settled you could tell they were lost and out of sorts. This isn't due to Gentry or Dell or any coach. This is due to a team playing a specific way for months suddenly having to change everything up and only have 1 practice to do it.

Everyone looking to assign blame where there is none needs to take a breath, calm down, and give it time.

Do we start Frazier next to Jrue? Do we start Thompson? Jack?
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 02-25-2017 at 11:33 AM.

My guess is Frazier starts with Jrue at the 2. Then they will be staggered like AD and Boogie with a mix of the other new guys. I would bet Williams gets a bit more run as he is somewhat familiar with the players.

Damn, E'Twan! Jack better be ready to go for 30 minutes.

Kings lose by 14 to the Hornets

Also, Gentry just said Hollis Thompson will start for the Pels tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    But, OKC is good. So there's that. Pre-Boogie if you took ad off our team and Russ of theirs we get beat by 30. Adams, Kanter, Oladipo are all very good.
    They aren't. Just watch them play against the better teams. Westbrook is just playing out of this world to get them where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Damn, E'Twan! Jack better be ready to go for 30 minutes.
    Jennifer HaleVerified account
    ‏@JenHale504

Follow
    More
    The @PelicansNBA will start Hollis Thompson at the 2 tonight vs #Mavericks, w/ ETwaun Moore out for his grandmother's funeral. #NOPvsDAL

Prayers to the Moore family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that we went to Jrue early.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-25-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Solid start

Could somebody make a game thread please

Omg. Cousins laid out yogi on that screen.

What the hell does Frazier have on his wrist/hand.

Is he still injured?

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    Could somebody make a game thread please
    This are finally back to normal. #pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJacket View Post
    This are finally back to normal. #pelslife
    Lol

Looks like Rockets are dishing out some pain to another 8th seed "contender". They will play Nuggets 3 times too, each is probably 90%, if not 95%, guaranteed loss.

Teams that are trying to get to 8th in the west are so bad they should be relocated to the East

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.Jones! View Post
    Teams that are trying to get to 8th in the west are so bad they should be relocated to the East
    The East is pretty strong actually. If you suck in the West, you just suck.

Thread Information