Pelicans Report

Thread: 3 team trade idea???

Trade Idea 3 team trade idea???

this article mentioned N.O. As a potential landing spot for Brandon Knight...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...night/?ref=yfp

Here's what I was thinking...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jp74otr

Maybe cash or a protected draft pick might have to be included.

If we wanted to keep it a simple two team trade, this could work...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jyax7p9
    Last edited by Butters; 11-26-2016 at 10:11 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Tyson Chandler would be a good fit. A pity he's not five of six years younger.

Man, what might have been had we kept Tyson, DX, and CP3. How stupid we were.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Teams are not trading for Tyreke Evans nor is it wise to trade for a guy that will take plenty of minutes from Buddy.

It's not Knight but Chandler that the Pels should be interested in

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Man, what might have been had we kept Tyson, DX, and CP3. How stupid we were.
    This is how I feel about Joe Alleva and LSU right now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    This is how I feel about Joe Alleva and LSU right now.
    Glad I'm not alone. Being likeable doesn't win football games. It helps keep players motivated for a while, but the moment things get rough...what does O have to fall back on? Cuz it sure ain't Xs and Os.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Glad I'm not alone. Being likeable doesn't win football games. It helps keep players motivated for a while, but the moment things get rough...what does O have to fall back on? Cuz it sure ain't Xs and Os.
    We had the oppurtunity to hire the best coaching candidate of the last decade and we cheaped out. Sorry to thread jack.

I think we need to start looking where we can send Ajinca.

Anyone got any realistic ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think we need to start looking where we can send Ajinca.

Anyone got any realistic ideas?
    Does he even have any positive value on the market? I'm skeptical. And if we have to throw in something else to get rid of him, I'll pass and just let him sit at the end of the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Does he even have any positive value on the market? I'm skeptical. And if we have to throw in something else to get rid of him, I'll pass and just let him sit at the end of the bench.
    Ajinca's salary is ideal for a backup big, but his skill level is not. The market for him is probably next to non-existent.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I think a straight swap of Knight for Evans makes sense for both teams. Whether or not the teams would do it is anyone's guess. Phoenix has had a hard time dedicating themselves to a rebuild. I would wonder if they could let Knight go, knowing what they gave up to get him. Knight is okay. He is young enough that he could still take a small step forward, and a coach like Gentry might be able to help that, but it may be at the cost of Buddy's development. I think Knight would be great at leading a second unit and sharing some on-court time with Jrue, effectively playing the same role we wanted Reke to play, and largely to the same effect though Knight is younger and so-far healthier though not as skilled in driving or as big but has a slightly less chaotic influence. For Phoenix, they would basically just be shedding long-term salary and opening up more time for Booker.

I don't get why anyone on here would target Chandler, especially over Dudley or Tucker if they were available. He might be useful for short runs or a playoff series but he is giving you less than Asik at this point and his health has always been a big questionmark.

I think Ajinca's value is pretty neutral. No one is looking to trade for him and he's not taking enough of the cap or so poor that he is a huge net-negative. He just is, and I think you could maybe swap him for another meh player or throw him in a trade to make salaries match, or maybe maximize his value by trading him to a team whose centers are injured but you likely wouldn't be getting anything of quality back for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

The Franchise
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zgc2kbo

I think we throw a top 20 protected pick to the suns and get 2 good young players.

Philly gets their starting PG locked in for a while and a backup center.

Suns shed salary and get a player that helps at multiple positions along with a potential pick.

Prob have to wait and see if Reke comes back looking good but won't affect what we've been doing.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 11-27-2016 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zgc2kbo

I think we throw a top 20 protected pick to the suns and get 2 good young players.

Philly gets their starting PG locked in for a while and a backup center.

Suns shed salary and get a player that helps at multiple positions along with a potential pick.

Prob have to wait and see if Reke comes back looking good but won't affect what we've been doing.
    Not bad at all.

Thread Information