Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James: The PeliKING?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    For us to even be a remote opportunity. I think we'd have to make it to the WCF without him. I think that would get his attention.
    I would say that is possible. Honestly, I would be kinda disappointed if we didnt get there in the next 3 years.
    @mcnamara247

Do you really think we can clear the cap space to sign him outright MM?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Do you really think we can clear the cap space to sign him outright MM?
    The math is there. Tyreke and Jrue will be making 21.2 at that point. AD's extension would kick in around 15 if he signs the 5 year max extension. That is 36. Personally, I would move Tyreke and spend that money on Ryno and Smith if I was gonna get Durant.

But yeah, cap should be around 64-66 by then. We would have the room. That isn't the problem. It would be getting him to go from one of the smallest markets to another one of the smallest markets when he will be signing the last big contract while he is still in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The math is there. Tyreke and Jrue will be making 21.2 at that point. AD's extension would kick in around 15 if he signs the 5 year max extension. That is 36. Personally, I would move Tyreke and spend that money on Ryno and Smith if I was gonna get Durant.

But yeah, cap should be around 64-66 by then. We would have the room. That isn't the problem. It would be getting him to go from one of the smallest markets to another one of the smallest markets when he will be signing the last big contract while he is still in his prime.
    Can we put this conversation on hold for a couple of years? Because I'm already getting too excited!

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Can we put this conversation on hold for a couple of years? Because I'm already getting too excited!
    Yeah. I'd rather dream of Wednesday anyway than 2016. So excited about this young team

Let's be realistic. In today's league, why would LBJ come to NOLA? I'm high on our current team, but I'm not sold. We're a small market team and unproven.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Relative bump with regards to the other Lebron Thread.

LeBron is already building his roots in this city... hopefully for his eventual return to NO to play with AD:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...ls-club-photo/

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    People don't like him for a simple reason, they feel as thought he is one of the greats in basketball but decide to take an easy route to win instead of work hard and earn it. None of the greatest players in the league has ever done this just to run away from pressure.
    You mean Shaq didn't go to the Lakers to win? How about Garnett? There's plenty of players that have. Before LBJ did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You mean Shaq didn't go to the Lakers to win? How about Garnett? There's plenty of players that have. Before LBJ did it.
    Garnett never changed teams in free agency he was always trade

Shaq went to LA for the glamour. When he got there, there was like Cedric Ceballos, Vlade (who was traded that year for Kobe), and Nick Van Excel as their key players. Pales in comparison imo.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Shaq went to LA for the glamour. When he got there, there was like Cedric Ceballos, Vlade (who was traded that year for Kobe), and Nick Van Excel as their key players. Pales in comparison imo.
    So you really think winning had nothing to do with Shaq's move?

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    Garnett never changed teams in free agency he was always trade
    You don't think Garnett went in and demanded a trade? Both times he was moved?

If it did, it was a bad decision. Not in hindsight, obviously, but that team was not a winner.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    2014 off-season is fastly approaching and it looks like we may have a leg up on the Heat in the chase for LBJ

In a recent interview after the Heat surged back over the Pelicans 108 to 95, Lebron James had kind words for the future of the Pelicans. Jim Eichenhofer tweeted (and quickly deleted) the following:

Edit: Here's the screenshot:

Could it be that he sees the promise with this team... and one of our 2 glaring holes... the SF position!

Let's not forget...

Per an interview earlier in the year, LeBron hinted at not wanting to play in cold weather:

On top of that, both Lebron James and Erik Spoelstra had glowing reviews for our budding star earlier in the year.

This isn't even the first time that Lebron and New Orleans have been mentioned in a professional basketball union.

During 2008 All-Star Weekend, Lebron even won a trophy in New Orleans: All-Star Game MVP. He has champion ties to New Orleans already.

What is all this pointing to? We all know. Lebron wants to be here. You know it. I know it. Anthony Davis knows it. Lebron James knows it. He was at the Hornets-Heat game in New Orleans last season. He saw how many fans want him here. Hell, even Erik Spoelstra knows it (hence the pressure of winning another championship last year... he needs a reason to compel Lebron to stay... a reason he won't have).

Don't sloe down the momentum, because things are about to pick up. The future is bright here, New Orleans. The King will come.
    I could definitely see them winning the championship for New Orleans. I hope it happens.

I do without a doubt, but Shaq made the finals already. So he was already 'winning'. He wanted his cake and wanted to eat it too. So he wanted to win with the marketability. When you're that good you don't have to choose. You can have both.

This is embarrassing

This is embarrassing
    What is?

What is?
    This thread he's not coming here not even a small chance and it's a joke to think so.

This thread he's not coming here not even a small chance and it's a joke to think so.
    You want a joke? Take a look at your thread about Monty hating Tyreke

You want a joke? Take a look at your thread about Monty hating Tyreke
    Not hating him hating his game, also I was right.

Were you right? I mustve missed the article where Monty came out and said that... So many trade articles and threads about Pierre Jackson

I've never been a fan of the idea of LeBron coming here for three reasons:
    1) sadly, he's too old, by the time Davis hits his prime, LeBron will be like 34-35 years old, and probably just a role player.
    2) He will be taking away shots from Davis and Pierre the next couple of years, disrupting their development.
    3) He'll want a big contract, and we could use that many to give Aminu the extension he rightfully deserves. That kid is just 22 years old!! He has the potential to be one of the of the best SFs in the league, and he's already the best rebounder.

But I've got to say, this thread has given me a lot to think about. Maybe bringing LeBron isn't such a bad idea after all, we could use all the mark

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    I've never been a fan of the idea of LeBron coming here for three reasons:
    1) sadly, he's too old, by the time Davis hits his prime, LeBron will be like 34-35 years old, and probably just a role player.
    2) He will be taking away shots from Davis and Pierre the next couple of years, disrupting their development.
    3) He'll want a big contract, and we could use that many to give Aminu the extension he rightfully deserves. That kid is just 22 years old!! He has the potential to be one of the of the best SFs in the league, and he's already the best rebounder.

But I've got to say, this thread has given me a lot to think about. Maybe bringing LeBron isn't such a bad idea after all, we could use all the mark
    You forgot to mention how Aminu has elite athleticism and is an extreme defender

That's very true, if he could just improve his mid range shooting, long range shooting, passing, court vision and concentration, he'd easily we an all star. The kid has all the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    That's very true, if he could just improve his mid range shooting, long range shooting, passing, court vision and concentration, he'd easily we an all star. The kid has all the tools.

Lmao

Thread Information