.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 90

Thread: Quail Balls on a Tray - Episode 2 - Mail Bag!!!

  1. #51
    -Garrus Vakarian- ItsPaulyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    **** my compulsion to check the board before bed...
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)



  2. #52
    Hall of Famer DarthVegito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Down Souf
    Posts
    624
    Ouch. I'm only ten minutes in, I've gotten slaughtered already.

  3. #53
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hammond
    Posts
    2,625
    That moment where you wake up and listen to your team get the award for "Worst Team in the League Ever" and then later suggested you're tanking.

    Made my day lol!

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    That moment where you wake up and listen to your team get the award for "Worst Team in the League Ever" and then later suggested you're tanking.

    Made my day lol!
    LOL, i said i understood though. Like... it's not like you'll be worse after trading him haha.

    "I don't know if people know I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

    http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    That moment where you wake up and listen to your team get the award for "Worst Team in the League Ever" and then later suggested you're tanking.

    Made my day lol!
    I think we most definitely left out the tanking word. Haha



  6. #56
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hammond
    Posts
    2,625
    lol the podcast is great. And I'm not kidding it gave me a good laugh this morning. But yeah that's what I'm thinking it's not like he has been bring in a few wins each sim. I have 1. That was at the beginning and with people getting more comfortable with their teams and game plans I'm getting worse (point differential gets worse each sim too).

    End of the day I really need to polish this turd of a team.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    lol the podcast is great. And I'm not kidding it gave me a good laugh this morning. But yeah that's what I'm thinking it's not like he has been bring in a few wins each sim. I have 1. That was at the beginning and with people getting more comfortable with their teams and game plans I'm getting worse (point differential gets worse each sim too).

    End of the day I really need to polish this turd of a team.
    Amen

  8. #58
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    2,105
    Great choice for the intro song!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  9. #59
    yalll suck!!!!! enjoyed it though yeah i had a very ligth schedule so far kinda sucks cause i want to figure out my gameplan it will be my goal to take down houston this season and make a good run n the playoffs even if it is pretend lol
    #FREEQUAIL


    Pelicans Sim League


    2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon


    #FREEQUAIL

  10. #60
    Hall of Famer DarthVegito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Down Souf
    Posts
    624
    Yah great show guys. For the record, that trade wasnt a panic move. Granger isnt giving me what I needed yet. It was a this year move and if I decide to resign him is fantastic depth. I will now try Granger as my six man and see how that goes. He needed less pressure on him. I didn't think it was that horrible of a move.

    P.S. I guarantee I make the playoffs this year.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    Yah great show guys. For the record, that trade wasnt a panic move. Granger isnt giving me what I needed yet. It was a this year move and if I decide to resign him is fantastic depth. I will now try Granger as my six man and see how that goes. He needed less pressure on him. I didn't think it was that horrible of a move.

    P.S. I guarantee I make the playoffs this year.
    Get it, girrrrrl!!!

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Great choice for the intro song!
    It's the ringtone I use for my alarm in the morning. Perfect start to my day. Perfect start to everything. Hence it's use here.

  13. #63
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hammond
    Posts
    2,625
    I like getting woken up to Howl - Beware of Darkness. Beginning is a great way to wake up.

    Just listened to the rest. I'm just having fun in the league so I might be the only one on suicide watch smiling.


  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    It's the ringtone I use for my alarm in the morning. Perfect start to my day. Perfect start to everything. Hence it's use here.
    People use ringtones?

  15. #65
    Max Contract Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    14,821
    Haven't got a chance to listen yet. Can't wait.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  16. #66
    The Franchise LoCo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Haven't got a chance to listen yet. Can't wait.
    You got some slurpage, you'll love it lol

    Great podcast again though, nice that y'all touched on everyone, but I wouldn't recommend it if you wanna keep it away from an hour. Not big on the name change (not as interesting as Quail Balls on a Tray) but I still like it. Great Job!
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES


    Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    You got some slurpage, you'll love it lol

    Great podcast again though, nice that y'all touched on everyone, but I wouldn't recommend it if you wanna keep it away from an hour. Not big on the name change (not as interesting as Quail Balls on a Tray) but I still like it. Great Job!
    Yeah, I had 65 minutes worth of tape. Didn't want to cut the trade talks even though it was maybe the weakest segment left. The 29 teams were hard to get through in a short period of time. May limit ourselves to three each next time and really dive into those. Wanted everyone to get talked about.

    And of course you like the original name. You aren't the one with quail balls on you.

    ...I have to say the Q-Boat short hand is funny though.

  18. #68
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    2,542
    Can't listen to it for a bit. Did I get crushed?

  19. #69
    Liked the podcast. Going through everyone was rough, but it's nice to do that. Maybe do it again at the trade deadline, but otherwise, I liked it.

    Personally, I'm ready to put this Kenyon Martin thing behind me and the Trail Blazer's identity, that's for sure. lol

  20. #70
    Hall of Famer Make It Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    898
    Liked the podcast again. Disagree with you guy's assessment on my trade but this is very entertaining. Good job again

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Liked the podcast again. Disagree with you guy's assessment on my trade but this is very entertaining. Good job again
    Did you like my suggestion for your DC ?

  22. #72
    Hall of Famer Make It Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Did you like my suggestion for your DC ?
    Maybe I said I liked the Podcast too early. I'm about halfway through. Just past one of you not hating on BeeBall for getting Cp3 haha. Don't spoil it!

  23. #73
    Hall of Famer Make It Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    898
    Did you say Nene at the three or did I mishear? I just traded him and now have Kirilenka at the 3 with Lebron at the 2 and Moiso at the 4

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Did you say Nene at the three or did I mishear? I just traded him and now have Kirilenka at the 3 with Lebron at the 2 and Moiso at the 4
    Yea they made a mistake. You traded Nene for AK47.

    Ak47 at the 3 and James at the 2 should be interesting.

  25. #75
    The nets are playing him at the 3.. My bad

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •