Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: August 1 jersey unveiling???

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetsfan41 View Post
    They are not ugly, but still very disapointing... White one is ok, blue is like Memphis...
    Not like Memphis' at all.

I really like the blue. The white is not bad. I don't know why some of you are complaining about it not being flashy enough. Some of the best jerseys in sports are the ones that are simple. Our alternates can be the flashy jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    Can't wait for 2K14!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I'm a drama queen because I hate the white jerseys!? Seriously?!?!??? Your right.
    Not you in particular.....the people exaggerating saying its the worst jersey of all time or they've ever seen in their life. I'm not as fond of the white as I am the blue but its def not the worst I ever seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by JOE in NO View Post
    While not on nbastore.com yet, I did receive a popup there to signup for 15% next order when signing up for some mailing list. If they sell the jerseys for $299 there, 15% off would save $45.
    Tried before they dont let you use the discount on the authentic jersey, horrible rule.

the confident Contributor JOE in NO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundless1 View Post
    The Jerseys are so expensive to offset the cost of the free tickets they are giving away to the first 500 people who buy a Jersey
    Didn't see that, so thanks!

This offer is good for both the authentic and swingman jerseys. If it was two ticket vouchers, I'd be inclined to get a swingman.

I think even the thunder unis may be better. God, these are ugly, so ordinary...they look like memphis grizzlies alternates. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    Tried before they dont let you use the discount on the authentic jersey, horrible rule.
    did you see the deal at the top? ORDER TODAY AND GET FREE SHIPPING

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Artist    Contributor   
    Am I the only one seeing the design down the side as the Pelicans beak inverted?

Those dont have the ligature on them
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Just to be different. Any of you notice AD packing some meat on those arms? Dude looks bigger now.

I don't get the need for the waistband logo? It wasn't in your original style sheet that included all of the logos you originally released, yet you opt to place it in monochromatic style just because?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post

Wow...

The small "New Orleans" lettering feels too low-key, almost like the uniform for a high school team. It also creates the odd situation of the players' names on the back of the jerseys being larger than the city name on the front -- a possible NBA first.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I don't get the need for the waistband logo? It wasn't in your original style sheet that included all of the logos you originally released, yet you opt to place it in monochromatic style just because?
    That's how they chose to introduce the legiture. It will be on more items.

I just want my team to beat other teams and have their fans say "I hate them with their silly name and ugly uniforms!" It'll make them all the more mad.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    Likely just an attempt to sell more merchandise (easy to place on caps or polos).

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead View Post
    Just to be different. Any of you notice AD packing some meat on those arms? Dude looks bigger now.
    Yes, he looks noticeably bigger.

The only things I would change is the size of the font and have a blue neckline on the home unis. But the font size is too small. Needs to be more prominent. The font itself is nice. Would look really good if more prominent.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    That's how they chose to introduce the legiture. It will be on more items.
    I understand, but I still feel like it was an unnecessary logo. For all of that they could have placed the CCB logo there.

NBA store has the replicas for $69.95 opposed to Pelicans.com selling for 109.95. NBA store selling the swingmans for $109.95. Pelican's store is a rip off lol

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Wow...
    I don't understand why teams choose to use a run of the mill font after spending money to have someone create a custom one. Use it! There is no need for the players names to be in Athletic Block while New Orleans and the players numbers get the custom treatment.

Another reason for the size deficiencies is that the players names are solid colors, not outlined. Adding an outline adds spacing and when you add spacing you have to constrict the letters, especially if they're are plenty of them which is why New Orleans suffers it's small statue on the front of the chest.

Had they 'arced' the New Orleans on the chest instead of 'arching' it, it would have came out proportionately better and bigger.

That city font is just too small. Ruins the entire jersey IMO. The logo on the shorts are the most cartoonish one they have. I'd have put the CCB or Bird De-Lis there instead. Or the ligature.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...orms-unveiled/

Some good pictures from Andrew along with extra notes from the event.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Recommend ignoring the comment sections on facebook or ESPN. They will be rife with people bringing up the Pacers or just ragging on the name. Standard fare.

Fans of other teams can't blame us for the similarity in colors, the team wanted black, the league denied them.

Thread Information