Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Mavericks - 3-02-15

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    93pts on 47.5% from the field is the worst offensive performance Dallas has seen this season? I find that hard to believe
    well i dont know about the final result, but 71 points by the third quarter was the lowest amount against the dallas this season and we didnt play much better in the 4th

we went cold in the 3rd quarter. that's what ultimately did us in IMO

This game was lost be the inability of our guards to keep their guards out of the paint. They outscored us in the paint by 28. That's rediculous

I'm js you gotta love the pricks who come out when we lose and yet aren't around when we win hmmmmmm

Streak over. Time to start a new one
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

All-Star
    This board is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    This game was lost be the inability of our guards to keep their guards out of the paint. They outscored us in the paint by 28. That's rediculous
    Ridiculous*

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    well i dont know about the final result, but 71 points by the third quarter was the lowest amount against the dallas this season and we didnt play much better in the 4th
    ok we had a bad 3rd quarter, that's it. We are winning at half 58-55. That's really good against a western playoff team with our injuries. And then we played them even in the 4th despite all the foul calls. We had one dry spell that decided this game, and you spout that we had the worst offense against them this season? 71 against at the end of the 3rd is not their lowest this season, I haven't checked but I'll put money on it

EDIT: 62 at the end of the third against Utah their 6th of the season, first game I looked at, don't post a bunch of lies
    Last edited by jgman; 03-02-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Ridiculous*
    Yeah that too

Okay get this in everyone's head we didn't bring him in for offense he was brought here for DEFENSE so get over it
    Asik didn't do that tonight either,

Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    We didn't adjust quick enough. they were gutting us in the paint and we kept Babbitt out there instead of moving to the two big lineup.

We got down and the team panicked from monty on down and in that panic we doomed ourselves. We tried at first to shoot ourselves back into the game with an offensive lineup and then we kept an already tired Ajinca in longer to play with Asik when it was already too late.

We got away from what we were killing them with which was the three ball. I mean we tok what 16 in the first half and then 5 the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    He didn't do that tonight either,
    Oh he didn't? Please tell me how many points did the centers he was covering have?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    We didn't adjust quick enough. they were gutting us in the paint and we kept Babbitt out there instead of moving to the two big lineup.

We got down and the team panicked from monty on down and in that panic we doomed ourselves. We tried at first to shoot ourselves back into the game with an offensive lineup and then we kept an already tired Ajinca in longer to play with Asik when it was already too late.

We got away from what we were killing them with which was the three ball. I mean we tok what 16 in the first half and then 5 the rest of the game.
    Completely agree, we started missing shots and abandoned all ball movement and settled. Gotta credit their adjustments tho

The up side is if we can finish the season going on a series of 5-1 stretches we can end up with 47-49 wins. Maybe enough to get into the playoffs.

The downside is that clearly Dallas isn't on the freefall I and others hoped they might be.

Lmao your add only comes out when we lose dude get out of here me I told you so seriously our couch sucked tonight? Please elaborate
    No need to criticize him when he does a good job. He's done that the last 5 games. But you're blind as bat if you didn't see Asik hindering the team tonight and the coach just kept him out there. He didn't play D and definitely didn't score. Monty left Ajinca on the bench during Dallas's run. Asik of the last 5 games didn't show up (sit his *** on the bench)

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

You knw what this is the reason mm says one day people are here the next there completely on the right side no one panicked we've been on worse situations why would they panic yea we played bad at moments and you may not like to blame refs for losses but seriously if you can't see this game as the refs inserting their selves into it and making sure a certain team wins then you dnt knw what you're talking about

Who really thought we were going to win this game, the important win was yesterday. Now we got a 3 game home stretch and hopefully we can get AD back for it.

You knw what this is the reason mm says one day people are here the next there completely on the right side no one panicked we've been on worse situations why would they panic yea we played bad at moments and you may not like to blame refs for losses but seriously if you can't see this game as the refs inserting their selves into it and making sure a certain team wins then you dnt knw what you're talking about
    we made 5 shots in the 3rd, that's not on the refs

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    No need to criticize him when he does a good job. He's done that the last 5 games. But you're blind as bat if you didn't see Asik hindering the team tonight and the coach just kept him out there. He didn't play D and definitely didn't score. Monty left Ajinca on the bench during Dallas's run. Asik of the last 5 games didn't show up (sit his *** on the bench)
    Okay so Monty should put a guy in who is gasping for air right? Nah he done the right thing and I'm still waiting on you to tell me the numbers that the guys he was guarding had???

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Who really thought we were going to win this game, the important win was yesterday. Now we got a 3 game home stretch and hopefully we can get AD back for it.
    Frankly the important game was tonight. Dallas is a team that was on the precipice of disaster with the recent drama with Rondo and we just gave them a rallying point to build on.

I would of gladly traded this loss for a win today and a loss yesterday.

We literally win this game if we just break even in the third. Instead we lost control, panicked, went into bad habits, didn't adjust quick enough and gave the game away.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-02-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    we made 5 shots in the 3rd, that's not on the refs
    And yet we were will in the game no? Cause by that fourth it was on the refs calling every foul known to man and yet were on the other end getting actually hacked and nothing honestly when do wesly and Myers say **** about the refs unless it's legit coooome on

I think we fought well tonight against a better team, on the 2nd of a back to back coming from the Mile High City, where you know they'll get worn down, I'm disappointed but in no way mad about this loss, that 3rd killed us but we fought back as well as we could the effort was there

And yet we were will in the game no? Cause by that fourth it was on the refs calling every foul known to man and yet were on the other end getting actually hacked and nothing honestly when do wesly and Myers say **** about the refs unless it's legit coooome on
    I mean I'm not saying the refs weren't bad, but come on it wasn't ALL on them, you control what you can control

Okay so Monty should put a guy in who is gasping for air right? Nah he done the right thing and I'm still waiting on you to tell me the numbers that the guys he was guarding had???
    Dude he didn't protect the paint what more do you want? It's not about his guy only but playing team defense. I teach my team that philosophy don't give up on D. Numbers and stats have their place but look at the whole work. Out guards can help a bit more too.

That's not what I'm saying but in the fourth when it was close and we had chance they were calling everything for the mavs and it doesn't what you do if the refs call a foul on 4 straight possessions you aren't winning come on they were treating Harris like he was the next Jordan

Thread Information