Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gordon contract

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Gordon contract

Just curious. Would you consider resigning Gordon if he finishes his current contract here? If he stays healthy for the rest of his time here and plays well what kind of contract would you offer?

I wonder what his next contract will look like.

3 years 21 million. He's still a starter. I mean it all depends on what the direction is though. Regardless I'd love to have him at 7mil per season under the new cap regardless.

I would say it depends a lot on what other pieces are with the team. If Jrue and Reke are still here and they have built some really good chemistry along with AD and EG is avg. 16/4/3 with like 40% on 3s I would probably sign him for between 8-10 for 3 years. Either way I'm very happy with how well he has played since coming back and he's been stroking it from 3! Hopefully he can stay healthy regardless of where he is playing.
    If you will excuse me, I have to go return some video tapes.

I don't think there is an amount that he would be willing to accept that I would be willing to give.

purely dependent on his injury run through to the end of the current contract and performance. If he remained largely healthy for the most part (small injuries are part of game), and his performance was in line with how he is playing now, I think he would make a strong argument and I wouldn't be against it as such. but it would definitely be for less.

such a hard question to answer. is surgery in the off-season confirmed if he remains healthy for the rest of the way? How does he return from injury? Similar to Bogut, potential decent pieces, but injuries really add a level of high risk. Clearly different positions and roles, just relating the contract and injury side of things.

The chances of Gordon staying fully healthy for a year and a half are about the same odds that I would have playing AD 1 on 1. Ain't gone happen. If he could stay 'relatively healthy' I would offer him no more than 5-6 per year probably on 3 years. I just don't expect him to ever help us win more than a few games a year. He just can't stay healthy.

even if he remains healthy the rest of his time here, I don't want to risk 7mil a year on a player as injury prone as he is

also just because we have seen how he fits here to a degree and I would like to explore the possibility of a better fit
    never assume

GOD....Gordon plays two good games and we are talking about re-signing him?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    His first game was average.

His first game was average.
    well to be fair, lets average them

13.4 points - 4 assists - 3 rebounds - 47% FG% - 46% 3pt%

LOL
    I would rather him as our starting SG at 7mil per year over tyreke making 11mil per year.. Gordon fit and healthy is better than tyreke, also he has matured and has real good team spirit, after everygame he always tweets or instagrams photos, supporting our team and congratulating his teammates on their performances, what does Tyreke do after everygame, posts a photo of his stupid Bugatti showing off to the world how rich he is, never have i ever seen Tyreke support this team. Anthony Davis does a post daily

PER36?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I would rather him as our starting SG at 7mil per year over tyreke making 11mil per year.. Gordon fit and healthy is better than tyreke, also he has matured and has real good team spirit, after everygame he always tweets or instagrams photos, supporting our team and congratulating his teammates on their performances, what does Tyreke do after everygame, posts a photo of his stupid Bugatti showing off to the world how rich he is, never have i ever seen Tyreke support this team. Anthony Davis does a post daily
    Bid deal.
    For 15M a year I'd pull out my own arse hairs on a daily basis.

Gordon has NEVER been healthy so that "if" is a waste of time.

1-6

Tyreke didn't crap on the franchise and whine about comming here. He wanted to play here and even took on to come off the bench. Gordon is also never healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Tyreke didn't crap on the franchise and whine about comming here. He wanted to play here and even took on to come off the bench. Gordon is also never healthy.
    he didn't whine.. his brothers doing it for him, brother posts weekly about how much he hates our organisation.. still brings negativity

I reckon if Gordon only misses 10 games or less between the next two season, sign him to a 7 mil contract and trade Tyreke for a SF and some assets which include a veteran PG, along with resigning asik for hopefully a deal no more than 7mil

This is his 4th season with us. His first season he played 9 games so throw that out. Second season he played 42 games and shot 40% from the field. 3rd he played 64 games, and shot the ball pretty decently, but his stats say our offensive rating that year had a net -2.0 while opponents had a +6.1 with him on the court. This, his fourth season, he has played in less than half our games so far. His performance of late has boosted his ppg on the season up to double digits at 10.6, a number just above his PER of 10.04. Are you sure, that you would rather have gordon, as your starting sg, over tyreke, evans, ?, .

As to the other stuff, he has the option to opt out of his contract if he so chooses, or if not, next season is a contract year. He knows we were/are open to moving him. I think these would play a factor into how a player would act. And Tyreke volunteered to come off the bench and has only been quoted as saying he wants to do what is best for the team, he just wants to win, and I think you can see a good example that in how he played to tonight.

I commented on this in a previous thread with MM. At years end, if I'm Dell, I get with Gordon and let him know we want him here under the following conditions: We agree to extend his contract for years '16-'17 and '17-'18 at a rate of up to 7.5 mil per. (15 mil total). In addition we stretch his 15 mil '15-'16 money so that the total package is 30 mil over three years. If he says no. I tell him we will sit him next year and force him to opt out and see what he can get on the open market. If he says no and stays. I make good on my promise to sit him which drives his value down way more than the 7.5 mil he would get here. If he agrees than we can either keep him or send him off with a contract that most anyone would take a chance on. He could also still have the opt out option for '17-'18. Another option is to trade him to any taker with cash, say 5 mil.
    Last edited by CMS1717; 01-15-2015 at 07:29 AM.

If Gordon has a conscience, he'll feel tres guilty at collecting 15 mil these past 2 seasons while missing a massive chunk of the games.

I feel he'll opt out after this year, arrange a more reasonable contract so we can free up a lot of cash and get a genuine second option behind AD.

Then we'd be super contenders.

Lol....stop hating. .lol

I didn't like his performance before the injury this season . But he plays much better since he recovered ...

Yeah, interesting stance.

Considering Reke has never had any team related issues, and EG's heart and desire have been questioned for years now.

Did you actually watch the game last night? Reke was AMAZING. Period!

Weird time for this post, I'd say....

wait some time with grades.
    first he must be healthy for couple of months
    second - he must be consistent in his play

if both of those point occur - we will have more options in July. his last games are visible nationally. his highlights are on nba.com. so people (and GMs) remember the name Gordon - not only in context of injuries

PO-run , EJ playin about 35-40 more games with 15-4-3-1 might give us some value...
    I prefer stayin with healthy (and knowing system) Gordon who will help us with PO than sending him for scrubs.

but till the end of the season. Then it will be time to evaluate

Thread Information