Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Rumors - Post Moratorium Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I conduct a top 10 ranking on another site, and Irving came in at 10.

1) Chris Paul
    2) Steph Curry
    3) Russell Westbrook
    4) Tony Parker
    5) Rajon Rondo
    6) John Wall
    7) Kyle Lowry
    8) Damian Lillard
    9) Mike Conley
    10) Kyrie Irving

I don't really agree with that list, but I thought it was interesting how public perception had changed. Season prior to that he was voted #5.
    I think my list would be a little different but there's no way Irving is in top 5.

Jrue has straight up dominated his match ups with Kyrie. I am not saying this because I am a Pelicans homer as much as a Kyrie realist. I would put him at 12 or 13.

That's if we are talking about guys who will help you win of course, not NBA 2K rankings.
    @mcnamara247

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/sta...71923228053504

What does that even mean? Teams are afraid he will fleece them? He throws out outlandish deals?
    I'd imagine it's more not wanting to waste time with lopsided proposals than fear of being fleeced. As good of a fit as Asik is, we are probably giving up more than we need to, we just didn't have many other available assets to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Jrue has straight up dominated his match ups with Kyrie. I am not saying this because I am a Pelicans homer as much as a Kyrie realist. I would put him at 12 or 13.

That's if we are talking about guys who will help you win of course, not NBA 2K rankings.
    H2H Match-ups aren't a great gauge; Deron consistently owned CP3 in H2H and that doesn't mean he's better. I'd say Kyrie and Jrue are close in terms of individual talent.

I conduct a top 10 ranking on another site, and Irving came in at 10.

1) Chris Paul
    2) Steph Curry
    3) Russell Westbrook
    4) Tony Parker
    5) Rajon Rondo
    6) John Wall
    7) Kyle Lowry
    8) Damian Lillard
    9) Mike Conley
    10) Kyrie Irving

I don't really agree with that list, but I thought it was interesting how public perception had changed. Season prior to that he was voted #5.
    I wouldn't put Lowry, Conley, and Rondo over Kyrie! Rondo is overrated and no where as good as he was after KG and Pierce left. Lowry just being good when he left Houston to which he couldn't really get himself established as a starter. Conley is good, but he's no where near as talented as Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    And honestly this past season, lebron was not really playing a lot of defense eh
    No Lebron was the only person really playing at all. Wade would barely play, Battier would flop every time on D, Cole just wanted to keep his flat top straight, and Bosh just wanted to shot 3's. Lebron had to play the big man and the point guard on both offense and defense most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I wouldn't put Lowry, Conley, and Rondo over Kyrie! Rondo is overrated and no where as good as he was after KG and Pierce left. Lowry just being good when he left Houston to which he couldn't really get himself established as a starter. Conley is good, but he's no where near as talented as Kyrie.
    I agree about Conley, but Rondo and Lowry are clearly better than Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    H2H Match-ups aren't a great gauge; Deron consistently owned CP3 in H2H and that doesn't mean he's better. I'd say Kyrie and Jrue are close in terms of individual talent.
    Nothing is a great gauge. But when it is close, I can use it as a tiebreaker. And I don't think it's that close, really. But I don't care as much about offense as most, I know that about myself. I think scoring can be replaced easier than almost anything else, so I just don't love it as much as some do. I would take Jrue w/o hesitating, but I don't mind others saying Kyrie is better. I just don't believe it.

Adrian Wojnarowski*@WojYahooNBA3 minutes ago

Free agent forward Luol Deng has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post

Wow. That's a steal for MIA. $1M more than Jordan Hill and $3M more than Marvin Williams.

Didn't he turn down a 3/$36 offer from Chicago because it wasn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Wow. That's a steal for MIA. $1M more than Jordan Hill and $3M more than Marvin Williams.

3/33 from CHI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    3/33 from CHI.
    sometimes a feeling... or not paying attention to the opposite feeling... can cost you $13 million
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post

He turned down more money, to play with a worse team in a smaller market. Hmm...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

HE GONE!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Hopefully that turns into a sign and trade with us

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Hopefully that turns into a sign and trade with us
    Who's that realistically going to bring back?

I'm assuming we can't get Hopson since he just got sent there yesterday. I know I was hoping for him to come here w/ Gee to send to H-Town.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    No he's not. Still has a ways to go before being top 5.
    Agreed. There's no way he's top 5. Not an efficient shooter and does't play defense. He's talented, but Top 5? Nah

YES!!! GOOD BYE!!!

..... SO.... there is a god!!!
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

He will make more than Rivers next season. Again, teams (at least 1) thinks he is worth 2.5 mil plus. But not Rivers. So odd to me.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Who's that realistically going to bring back?

I'm assuming we can't get Hopson since he just got sent there yesterday. I know I was hoping for him to come here w/ Gee to send to H-Town.
    Yeah I was hoping for Hopson too. Looking at their roster doesn't look like anything is a realistic possibility.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Man, good for B-Rob. Everyone on this site gave the guy a bad rep for no reason whatsoever, and his stellar play with us earned him a bunch of money I bet he never envisioned getting after he graduated. Good for him. I hope he kills it with the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Man, good for B-Rob. Everyone on this site gave the guy a bad rep for no reason whatsoever, and his stellar play with us earned him a bunch of money I bet he never envisioned getting after he graduated. Good for him. I hope he kills it with the Hornets.
    Stellar? That's reaching.but hey at least he's banking

Thread Information